Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Kold KrhymezKold Krhymez is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Kold Krhymez is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Dredd Tha Lead vs Jatho Sups
Style: Written Blind Drop
2 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Guts
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i have to agree with fidel, that, giving out a ten is something i would never do. i might do it once, because im declaring that verse, the best i had seen to that point.

i also agree with rules metric for rating a battle. simple to use.

and punk is perhaps the most right, when he says these battles lately ain't worth 9's or 10's.

i think my approach is to represent how i felt about that verse with a number, so, i usually rate most random battles 5-6, because, i'm usually not impressed. lot's of boring punches, horrible execution, and lack of imagination. i give a 7 to those who at lest execute their verse, so at least it's readable, and the punches make sense, and the wording is fine.

i noticed a lot of older users always gave each other "dimes" and i can see why they feel like voters are just too harsh now, but in all reality, it's been 10-15 years, and expectations shouldn't be stagnant to reflect the origins of the site. better punches, and execution came along, and now we expect people to keep innovating.
Unread 11-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #11

Guts

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

i have to agree with fidel, that, giving out a ten is something i would never do. i might do it once, because im declaring that verse, the best i had seen to that point.

i also agree with rules metric for rating a battle. simple to use.

and punk is perhaps the most right, when he says these battles lately ain't worth 9's or 10's.

i think my approach is to represent how i felt about that verse with a number, so, i usually rate most random battles 5-6, because, i'm usually not impressed. lot's of boring punches, horrible execution, and lack of imagination. i give a 7 to those who at lest execute their verse, so at least it's readable, and the punches make sense, and the wording is fine.

i noticed a lot of older users always gave each other "dimes" and i can see why they feel like voters are just too harsh now, but in all reality, it's been 10-15 years, and expectations shouldn't be stagnant to reflect the origins of the site. better punches, and execution came along, and now we expect people to keep innovating.

Unread 11-11-2019, 02:04 PM
TKtheGREAT
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Not gonna lie. I'm a bit stingy with the 9s and 10s.
1. Multies
2. Flow/smooth read
3. Intensity
4. Punches
5. Word play

Also, if asking for ratings in categories vs just straight voting. I'll average the number. So if you scored four 4s and a 3. I'm still giving you an overall 4.

I've noticed voting for the extra categories does affect your overall rating.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #12

TKtheGREAT
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.4/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 7 audio / 245 text
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)

Not gonna lie. I'm a bit stingy with the 9s and 10s.
1. Multies
2. Flow/smooth read
3. Intensity
4. Punches
5. Word play

Also, if asking for ratings in categories vs just straight voting. I'll average the number. So if you scored four 4s and a 3. I'm still giving you an overall 4.

I've noticed voting for the extra categories does affect your overall rating.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Óðinn
Mentioned: 2436 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

To get a 10 the entire piece must be flawless.

Correct grammar. Proper wording. Wordplay that works each way that it is intended. Smooth transitions from bad to bar. As well as the rest of the main factors. Multis, punches etc...

... Though it must also move like a story. If you have 'shot/killed' your opponent in the first bar, how are you then going to continue? This is a major issue that so many either over look or, being realistic, have never even thought about or paid attention too.

You must build to the death of your opponent. Have each bar build and lead towards the end as opposed killing said opponent in the beginning and then at the end warning him/her not to step to you or they'll catch them hands.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #13

Óðinn
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 469 audio / 3096 text
Mentioned: 2436 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)

To get a 10 the entire piece must be flawless.

Correct grammar. Proper wording. Wordplay that works each way that it is intended. Smooth transitions from bad to bar. As well as the rest of the main factors. Multis, punches etc...

... Though it must also move like a story. If you have 'shot/killed' your opponent in the first bar, how are you then going to continue? This is a major issue that so many either over look or, being realistic, have never even thought about or paid attention too.

You must build to the death of your opponent. Have each bar build and lead towards the end as opposed killing said opponent in the beginning and then at the end warning him/her not to step to you or they'll catch them hands.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:55 PM
Guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post

i'm not sure i agree, but, i do think that kind of thinking would help strengthen a battle verse, if it was structured in that way. it'd be more impressive, but more so in the concept sense, rather than the idea of it being a rule of thumb.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #14

Guts

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post

i'm not sure i agree, but, i do think that kind of thinking would help strengthen a battle verse, if it was structured in that way. it'd be more impressive, but more so in the concept sense, rather than the idea of it being a rule of thumb.

Unread 11-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Erupt da Monsta Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1899 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
24 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

There’s a really good variety of voting methods in here. It’s good to see how the site as a whole feels about a battle verse being a perfect 10. Some say it’s impossible, others say it’s attainable yet no one hardly is writing to that standard.

From what I gather so far as a general consensus is a 10 on a verse should be on a level that very few has attained. A verse that makes you scratch your head like damn how did he come up with that, over and over again. Some key take always I got from a lot of your responses is
@Punk .... the hype to the battle gets you going , you like to see a build up to the battle. This is something that obviously won’t happen in every battle but it’s an added factor of excitement that might push you over that edge to drop a higher vote. This in fact does make battles more exciting.
@Godbody feels voters are too strict, and that if the battle is the hottest out at the moment then a more generous rating can be given. So someone voting an obviously better battler a 6 , which would mean the said voters verses should be voted a 4.

So in this case a determined standard or current scale should be set pre determined on the current site activity or active battlers at the moment. Interesting viewpoint here . I also tend to scale my votes on current site competition.
@RULE makes a good point that 10 being one of the best verses he has read. I tend to agree more with this view than the view of a 10 not being attainable. Imo a 10 should mean one of the best verses I’ve read, or best verse(s) I’ve read all year and a Verse of the year contender. I tend to do my 10 ratings that way.
@flamma makes the case that expectations have increased, and the current members are not meeting them. Which would mean that someone will have to set the standard. Raise the bar in a sense.
@2FUEL thinks that a verse should read like a story to take it to the next level. Now I can understand this way of thinking, but as flamma said this should not be the end all be all to a 10 verse , but it is in fact one of the components that would make up a 10 verse. Very interesting addition to this thread here and an out of the box way of thinking. I like the idea for sure. A build up per se, but mostly un common.

Some very good breakdowns of what makes a good verse in here. I think this thread will help LB battlers raise their level of voting, as well as their level of battling verses. As they now have an idea of what the voters are expecting to see.

I like what I’m reading so far, my niggs. I have a battle coming up in the next couple of weeks for the Letsbeef Heavyweight Card. I will take all these opinions into consideration as I attempt to create a 10 masterpiece and potential battle verse of the year that will hopefully raise the current standard of LB verses.
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #15

Erupt da Monsta Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
24 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 96 audio / 723 text
Mentioned: 1899 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)

There’s a really good variety of voting methods in here. It’s good to see how the site as a whole feels about a battle verse being a perfect 10. Some say it’s impossible, others say it’s attainable yet no one hardly is writing to that standard.

From what I gather so far as a general consensus is a 10 on a verse should be on a level that very few has attained. A verse that makes you scratch your head like damn how did he come up with that, over and over again. Some key take always I got from a lot of your responses is
@Punk .... the hype to the battle gets you going , you like to see a build up to the battle. This is something that obviously won’t happen in every battle but it’s an added factor of excitement that might push you over that edge to drop a higher vote. This in fact does make battles more exciting.
@Godbody feels voters are too strict, and that if the battle is the hottest out at the moment then a more generous rating can be given. So someone voting an obviously better battler a 6 , which would mean the said voters verses should be voted a 4.

So in this case a determined standard or current scale should be set pre determined on the current site activity or active battlers at the moment. Interesting viewpoint here . I also tend to scale my votes on current site competition.
@RULE makes a good point that 10 being one of the best verses he has read. I tend to agree more with this view than the view of a 10 not being attainable. Imo a 10 should mean one of the best verses I’ve read, or best verse(s) I’ve read all year and a Verse of the year contender. I tend to do my 10 ratings that way.
@flamma makes the case that expectations have increased, and the current members are not meeting them. Which would mean that someone will have to set the standard. Raise the bar in a sense.
@2FUEL thinks that a verse should read like a story to take it to the next level. Now I can understand this way of thinking, but as flamma said this should not be the end all be all to a 10 verse , but it is in fact one of the components that would make up a 10 verse. Very interesting addition to this thread here and an out of the box way of thinking. I like the idea for sure. A build up per se, but mostly un common.

Some very good breakdowns of what makes a good verse in here. I think this thread will help LB battlers raise their level of voting, as well as their level of battling verses. As they now have an idea of what the voters are expecting to see.

I like what I’m reading so far, my niggs. I have a battle coming up in the next couple of weeks for the Letsbeef Heavyweight Card. I will take all these opinions into consideration as I attempt to create a 10 masterpiece and potential battle verse of the year that will hopefully raise the current standard of LB verses.