Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01-28-2019, 03:26 AM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riep View Post
Dono's the GOAT when it comes to Topicals and probably will remain as such due to Topicals dying on this site. Text battling? Not so much. Just didn't have anything impressive that I could see conceptually. Verses were always really smooth reads, just didn't have any oomph to them.

I'll go correctly rated for Topicals. Overrated for Text.

Next up: @Phe
i've heard phe used to be better so due to that plus some shit he shared with the crew i'm gonna say he's under-rated at this point.

i'm gonna cheat and nominate a few people

@Punk @DaDDiO @BRAyne ded @Aggo @shodan @Da Living Tribunal

i'd like to hear peoples thoughts.

for me punk is both under-rated and over-rated. punk has insane delivery and mic presence and has potential to out rap anyone, but in terms of bars he's good but not one of the greats. i think all around though he's a very good battler and people might in general under-rate him.

daddio is the same story with being both. some people claim he's the god, goat of lb (i've done this before) some claim he's not even that good. for me after reading all of his battles i have to say he is without a doubt one of the greats. i'm not sure if he's the goat of lb but he's top 10-15 texter all time.

brayne ded is under-rated i think. i think he can do better than some of his drops in the tournaments and his battle with edge for a title was pretty close. brayne may not be the greatest texter but he's good and dude also has some nice flow.

aggo is somehow under rated. he's got delivery (reminds me of m rock kinda) and bars for days. one of the funniest dudes on lb and his lines reflect that. he might go on to be a hof audio battler and win a title or two.

shodan is under rated. no matter how high you rank him, if the dude put enough time into a verse and energy he could prob beat anyone on letsbeef. i won't say he's a goat or the greatest. but if he can manage to claim a title and start knocking out lb greats in battles more often i'll give him that title.
Unread 01-28-2019, 03:26 AM   #131

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riep View Post
Dono's the GOAT when it comes to Topicals and probably will remain as such due to Topicals dying on this site. Text battling? Not so much. Just didn't have anything impressive that I could see conceptually. Verses were always really smooth reads, just didn't have any oomph to them.

I'll go correctly rated for Topicals. Overrated for Text.

Next up: @Phe
i've heard phe used to be better so due to that plus some shit he shared with the crew i'm gonna say he's under-rated at this point.

i'm gonna cheat and nominate a few people

@Punk @DaDDiO @BRAyne ded @Aggo @shodan @Da Living Tribunal

i'd like to hear peoples thoughts.

for me punk is both under-rated and over-rated. punk has insane delivery and mic presence and has potential to out rap anyone, but in terms of bars he's good but not one of the greats. i think all around though he's a very good battler and people might in general under-rate him.

daddio is the same story with being both. some people claim he's the god, goat of lb (i've done this before) some claim he's not even that good. for me after reading all of his battles i have to say he is without a doubt one of the greats. i'm not sure if he's the goat of lb but he's top 10-15 texter all time.

brayne ded is under-rated i think. i think he can do better than some of his drops in the tournaments and his battle with edge for a title was pretty close. brayne may not be the greatest texter but he's good and dude also has some nice flow.

aggo is somehow under rated. he's got delivery (reminds me of m rock kinda) and bars for days. one of the funniest dudes on lb and his lines reflect that. he might go on to be a hof audio battler and win a title or two.

shodan is under rated. no matter how high you rank him, if the dude put enough time into a verse and energy he could prob beat anyone on letsbeef. i won't say he's a goat or the greatest. but if he can manage to claim a title and start knocking out lb greats in battles more often i'll give him that title.

Unread 02-05-2019, 11:51 PM
Locchart

Gotta give a next person to rate @Da Living Tribunal. Who you pick?
Unread 02-05-2019, 11:51 PM   #132

Locchart

Unread 02-06-2019, 12:12 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
shodan
Unread 02-06-2019, 12:12 AM   #133

joan of arc

Quote:
shodan

Unread 02-06-2019, 12:38 AM
Brayne Ded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Living Tribunal View Post
shodan
Shodan sucks balls. Super overrated.

Let's talk about one of the greatest:

JizzZMastaaaa

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Nah, I'm just kidding. I actually think Shodan is underrated as fuck. Most people would lose to him if more voters understood his concepts. I'm not going all Lizman here but a lot of Shodan's bars are more complex than they appear. Dude is very creative, rhymes well enough and has very crisply executed punchlines. Wordplay is sometimes a stretch to me but I don't think Sho gets the credit he deserves for being one of the better battlers currently active. Respect to the guy.

Next up is Brickrepper.
Unread 02-06-2019, 12:38 AM   #134

Brayne Ded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Living Tribunal View Post
shodan

JizzZMastaaaa

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Nah, I'm just kidding. I actually think Shodan is underrated as fuck. Most people would lose to him if more voters understood his concepts. I'm not going all Lizman here but a lot of Shodan's bars are more complex than they appear. Dude is very creative, rhymes well enough and has very crisply executed punchlines. Wordplay is sometimes a stretch to me but I don't think Sho gets the credit he deserves for being one of the better battlers currently active. Respect to the guy.

Next up is Brickrepper.

Unread 02-06-2019, 12:42 AM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayne Ded View Post

JizzZMastaaaa

Next up is Brickrepper.
Brick's the lone-wolf kinda dude that a lot of people totally forget about when it comes to the up-and-comers because he just doesn't battle a lot. I bet if he really put in the work and got himself more active he'd be a big name on the site. Imo, he's underrated.

Next up: Dysfunctional
Unread 02-06-2019, 12:42 AM   #135

Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayne Ded View Post

JizzZMastaaaa

Next up is Brickrepper.
Brick's the lone-wolf kinda dude that a lot of people totally forget about when it comes to the up-and-comers because he just doesn't battle a lot. I bet if he really put in the work and got himself more active he'd be a big name on the site. Imo, he's underrated.

Unread 02-07-2019, 01:12 AM
Saii

Quote:

Underrated. I wish Dysfunctional would battle more these days because he's not bad, it's just that he's not as active on the battling circuit to maintain the kind of buzz/respect he deserves. And for that, I'm going with underrated.

Next up: DT
Unread 02-07-2019, 01:12 AM   #136

Saii

Quote:

Underrated. I wish Dysfunctional would battle more these days because he's not bad, it's just that he's not as active on the battling circuit to maintain the kind of buzz/respect he deserves. And for that, I'm going with underrated.

Unread 02-14-2019, 01:53 AM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauer View Post

In terms of all-time ranking on the site, I'd say overrated. His wording of his bars is really bad if not unreadable at times and it absolutely kills any of the punchline strength he has leading up to it. Never seen it more prevalent with anyone than I have with him. It also seemed like he never wanted to elevate, either, so he's stuck at overrated until that day comes to where he does want to.

Next: Babylon.
Unread 02-14-2019, 01:53 AM   #137

Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauer View Post

In terms of all-time ranking on the site, I'd say overrated. His wording of his bars is really bad if not unreadable at times and it absolutely kills any of the punchline strength he has leading up to it. Never seen it more prevalent with anyone than I have with him. It also seemed like he never wanted to elevate, either, so he's stuck at overrated until that day comes to where he does want to.

Next: Babylon.

Unread 02-14-2019, 07:45 AM
Rai
Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.37/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.37/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.37/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
36 Won / 9 Lost

Man. Babylon is a tripple threat. He can audio it out, or text with the best of em. Shit even live shit now. Dont feel like he's over rated or under rated. Right in the middle I'd say.

Next up... ILLUSIONIST
Unread 02-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #138

Rai
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.19/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.37/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.37/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.37/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
36 Won / 9 Lost

Voted: 28 audio / 127 text
Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)

Man. Babylon is a tripple threat. He can audio it out, or text with the best of em. Shit even live shit now. Dont feel like he's over rated or under rated. Right in the middle I'd say.

Next up... ILLUSIONIST
Unread 02-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post

Next up... ILLUSIONIST
Who's that?
Unread 02-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #139

Locchart

Quote:

Next up... ILLUSIONIST
Who's that?

Unread 02-14-2019, 10:21 AM
Aggo

Quote:

Next up... ILLUSIONIST
Has Babs done live battles now? Link? @Rai
Unread 02-14-2019, 10:21 AM   #140

Aggo

Quote:

Next up... ILLUSIONIST
Has Babs done live battles now? Link? @Rai

Display