Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-21-2018, 07:16 PM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default WE NEED TO UNITE

IMPORTANT NOTICE

one of the things that came up during this discussion was the idea of resetting credits on a monthly schedule. it's now an official vote.

(credit reset vote is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165521
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDITS:

noble and staff have acted very quickly so i'm going to remove things that have been addressed and move all actions taken to the top.

RELATED THREADS

(site-promoter thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...99#post1162999

(sub-forum thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...98#post1162998

(tracks thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...38#post1162938

(letsbeef podcast thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...28#post1163028

(site-greeter thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...32#post1163032

(official letsbeef discord server thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165525

(voting issues/convo thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...55#post1163055

nobles response (must read)

Voting, battling, and sharing LB content on social media more often are all good ideas that everyone can do to help the site. Every new member that signs up gets a welcome p.m. and a welcome email. The PM is set to come from @System but we can set it to come from any one, which is probably more ideal since an actual person can respond to questions that a new user may have. We once set up a welcome forum that automatically posted a thread every time a new member joins so the community can welcome them. But I think people found it annoying and it may have made it easier for snipers to target new members for easy wins.

Resetting credits has been discussed before, and like someone said, many people voted against it. That doesn't preclude us from having the conversation again and seeing if there is a consensus for it to happen.

This site isn't mobile yet, but you can actually audio battle from your phone right now with the right tools. I recently discovered and tested Puffin browser (https://www.puffin.com) which allows flash recording. To improve quality, they even have condenser microphones for cell phones which one can get for $15 Canadian on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Microphone-Pro...le+phone&psc=1). I'm not necessarily saying we don't need to make the site mobile. I'm just saying if someone wanted to battle from their phone right now, they can do it with the right browser.

There is no such thing as LB "owners." There is only one owner, and that is X, and he's very much involved.

All votes are already hidden on battles.... until you vote. I'm not sure what harm there is in being able to read other expos and ratings after your vote is already cast. It could be educational for a lot of people.

We started out with many different sub forums and a lot got merged into General Talk. What's sub forums would you guys like to see?

I agree that we could use some site promoters. We have a few social media accounts that no one is really looking after. The LB podcast idea sounds good. I'll be glad to help with that in any way I can.

INITIAL POST:

i'm sick of this site falling into decay. we all need to do a better job of voting, supporting tournaments, viewing and rating tracks and site promotion.

how many of you get on and don't drop any votes. how many of you on here have rated or commented on a track? do we even have a site greeter? to keep the rookies who come by? to show them the ropes and convince them to stay?

@Student @NOBLE we need to enforce a community practice. all these cats that rarely battle and dont comment yet always in the forums or in chat? i'd like to come up with some solutions to bring life to lb.

i'm not trying to throw anybody under the bus, but i am trying to slap you in the face.

1.vote more. everyone. ( @Seul ( @Mech) co-signs this)

2.share lb on twitter and insta, fb. whatever.

3.assign someone or multiple people to greet rookies and link them to threads to help them navigate the site and feel welcome. show them the chatroom, etc

4.do more battles.

these are some ideas i've thought could help improve the site. i'm welcome to all suggestions or critiques. let's fucking talk about this.

other solutions nominated by various lb members

1.reset peoples credit piles after each month forcing them to vote. (@shodan)

2.make battles available for mobile use. ( @D3FIANCE)

3.get owners to get more involved. ( @Rieper)

4.there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling ( @ToniC 801)

5.I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. ( @EMDUB)

6.Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. ( @EMDUB)

7.Why not hide all votes like in tourneys? ( @Mech)

8.I think the emcee system has to go. g featured at the front page for a day, real insentive, I’ve got better things to do than spend virtual credits on virtual items of clothing, it’s outdated. ( @Mrs Omnific)

9.I also think there needs to be more sub forums, there’s a lack in different forums for people to talk about things, what better way to expand the community. ( @Mrs Omnific)

10. a revamp/app, this website although it doesn’t look too bad it’s been the same for too long, and in terms of modern websites doesn’t really hold up in terms of aesthetics, there’s too much going on, simplicity is key for new comers. ( @Mrs Omnific)

!POST DISCUSSION THOUGHTS!

i think crew battles might be a great way to hype people up about battles again. i think tracks are severely neglected and i'm making a thread which i will link of the latest and greatest you might have missed. i'm thinking about starting an lb podcast and interviewing some HoF and some up and comers. i think we need some designated judges, promoters, and site greeters. let me now what y'all think.

edit! @Tyrant has brought up another good issue that i will be addressing in it's own thread. hate blocking and hate voting.

i've responded to noble and i think we can affirm some things.

1.we're going to vote on credit limits and resets monthly

2.i'm going to start the official LETSBEEF PODCAST

3.we're gonna start a thread and see how people feel about 'site greeters' and 'site promoters'

4.going to start a thread asking what sub forums people want

5.going to start a thread to bring awareness to audio battling via mobile.

all threads will be posted

Last edited by joan of arc; 12-22-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Unread 12-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #1

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default WE NEED TO UNITE

IMPORTANT NOTICE

one of the things that came up during this discussion was the idea of resetting credits on a monthly schedule. it's now an official vote.

(credit reset vote is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165521
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDITS:

noble and staff have acted very quickly so i'm going to remove things that have been addressed and move all actions taken to the top.

RELATED THREADS

(site-promoter thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...99#post1162999

(sub-forum thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...98#post1162998

(tracks thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...38#post1162938

(letsbeef podcast thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...28#post1163028

(site-greeter thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...32#post1163032

(official letsbeef discord server thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165525

(voting issues/convo thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...55#post1163055

nobles response (must read)

Voting, battling, and sharing LB content on social media more often are all good ideas that everyone can do to help the site. Every new member that signs up gets a welcome p.m. and a welcome email. The PM is set to come from @System but we can set it to come from any one, which is probably more ideal since an actual person can respond to questions that a new user may have. We once set up a welcome forum that automatically posted a thread every time a new member joins so the community can welcome them. But I think people found it annoying and it may have made it easier for snipers to target new members for easy wins.

Resetting credits has been discussed before, and like someone said, many people voted against it. That doesn't preclude us from having the conversation again and seeing if there is a consensus for it to happen.

This site isn't mobile yet, but you can actually audio battle from your phone right now with the right tools. I recently discovered and tested Puffin browser (https://www.puffin.com) which allows flash recording. To improve quality, they even have condenser microphones for cell phones which one can get for $15 Canadian on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Microphone-Pro...le+phone&psc=1). I'm not necessarily saying we don't need to make the site mobile. I'm just saying if someone wanted to battle from their phone right now, they can do it with the right browser.

There is no such thing as LB "owners." There is only one owner, and that is X, and he's very much involved.

All votes are already hidden on battles.... until you vote. I'm not sure what harm there is in being able to read other expos and ratings after your vote is already cast. It could be educational for a lot of people.

We started out with many different sub forums and a lot got merged into General Talk. What's sub forums would you guys like to see?

I agree that we could use some site promoters. We have a few social media accounts that no one is really looking after. The LB podcast idea sounds good. I'll be glad to help with that in any way I can.

INITIAL POST:

i'm sick of this site falling into decay. we all need to do a better job of voting, supporting tournaments, viewing and rating tracks and site promotion.

how many of you get on and don't drop any votes. how many of you on here have rated or commented on a track? do we even have a site greeter? to keep the rookies who come by? to show them the ropes and convince them to stay?

@Student @NOBLE we need to enforce a community practice. all these cats that rarely battle and dont comment yet always in the forums or in chat? i'd like to come up with some solutions to bring life to lb.

i'm not trying to throw anybody under the bus, but i am trying to slap you in the face.

1.vote more. everyone. ( @Seul ( @Mech) co-signs this)

2.share lb on twitter and insta, fb. whatever.

3.assign someone or multiple people to greet rookies and link them to threads to help them navigate the site and feel welcome. show them the chatroom, etc

4.do more battles.

these are some ideas i've thought could help improve the site. i'm welcome to all suggestions or critiques. let's fucking talk about this.

other solutions nominated by various lb members

1.reset peoples credit piles after each month forcing them to vote. (@shodan)

2.make battles available for mobile use. ( @D3FIANCE)

3.get owners to get more involved. ( @Rieper)

4.there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling ( @ToniC 801)

5.I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. ( @EMDUB)

6.Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. ( @EMDUB)

7.Why not hide all votes like in tourneys? ( @Mech)

8.I think the emcee system has to go. g featured at the front page for a day, real insentive, I’ve got better things to do than spend virtual credits on virtual items of clothing, it’s outdated. ( @Mrs Omnific)

9.I also think there needs to be more sub forums, there’s a lack in different forums for people to talk about things, what better way to expand the community. ( @Mrs Omnific)

10. a revamp/app, this website although it doesn’t look too bad it’s been the same for too long, and in terms of modern websites doesn’t really hold up in terms of aesthetics, there’s too much going on, simplicity is key for new comers. ( @Mrs Omnific)

!POST DISCUSSION THOUGHTS!

i think crew battles might be a great way to hype people up about battles again. i think tracks are severely neglected and i'm making a thread which i will link of the latest and greatest you might have missed. i'm thinking about starting an lb podcast and interviewing some HoF and some up and comers. i think we need some designated judges, promoters, and site greeters. let me now what y'all think.

edit! @Tyrant has brought up another good issue that i will be addressing in it's own thread. hate blocking and hate voting.

i've responded to noble and i think we can affirm some things.

1.we're going to vote on credit limits and resets monthly

2.i'm going to start the official LETSBEEF PODCAST

3.we're gonna start a thread and see how people feel about 'site greeters' and 'site promoters'

4.going to start a thread asking what sub forums people want

5.going to start a thread to bring awareness to audio battling via mobile.

all threads will be posted

Last edited by joan of arc; 12-22-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Unread 12-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Shodan
Mentioned: 1225 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

I think the best reasonable solution for increasing sitewide activity is to reset everyone's credits at the beginning of each month.

I have 189 credits stockpiled. At 3 credits a battle, I could do 63 battles on this account before needing to vote to do more.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 12-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #2

Shodan
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1022 text
Mentioned: 1225 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)

I think the best reasonable solution for increasing sitewide activity is to reset everyone's credits at the beginning of each month.

I have 189 credits stockpiled. At 3 credits a battle, I could do 63 battles on this account before needing to vote to do more.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 12-21-2018, 08:04 PM
Barzooka
Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

You're absolutely right. If all of us (including myself) just spent more time voting on all of the battles out there and promoting this shit instead of complaining about it, simply put, it would be a lot more active.

I just toked a bowl so I'm actually going to vote on every tournament battle that I haven't and then vote on some normal/exclusive battles.
Originally Posted by JayDiamondScarFace View Post
I got a 1.73¢,made 3$dollars twooday and bought some tobacco smoke with 2$dollars haha my bank account empty no credit cards i m freestyle the money,since young money
Unread 12-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #3

Barzooka
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 353 audio / 268 text

You're absolutely right. If all of us (including myself) just spent more time voting on all of the battles out there and promoting this shit instead of complaining about it, simply put, it would be a lot more active.

I just toked a bowl so I'm actually going to vote on every tournament battle that I haven't and then vote on some normal/exclusive battles.
I got a 1.73¢,made 3$dollars twooday and bought some tobacco smoke with 2$dollars haha my bank account empty no credit cards i m freestyle the money,since young money
Unread 12-21-2018, 08:31 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post

i added your idea and i think it's not a perfect idea yet, but it's a good first step. i think maybe there needs to be more incentive for credits. more shit spend credits on.
Unread 12-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #4

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post

i added your idea and i think it's not a perfect idea yet, but it's a good first step. i think maybe there needs to be more incentive for credits. more shit spend credits on.

Unread 12-21-2018, 08:36 PM
lllllllllllll

No one listens to anyone on this site tbh. The way it’s dying is slightly funny just based off of how serious the owners take it. No activity, no interaction, no updates for the members, etc. Hell I might as well delete my account too.
Unread 12-21-2018, 08:36 PM   #5

lllllllllllll

No one listens to anyone on this site tbh. The way it’s dying is slightly funny just based off of how serious the owners take it. No activity, no interaction, no updates for the members, etc. Hell I might as well delete my account too.

Unread 12-21-2018, 08:49 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
what do you think could make things change, punk?
Unread 12-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #6

joan of arc

Quote:
what do you think could make things change, punk?

Unread 12-21-2018, 09:20 PM
Barzooka
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain gutpunch View Post
IMO I feel like that maybe it should be just a tad bit longer. Maybe two months, three tops. For a lot of people who have lives, whether it's social, work, school, it'd be hard for them to save up to like a couple hundred of credits just voting on shit here and there so they can buy a fucking hoodie. Like come on.

But yeah I have like over a hundred credits and I'm just trying to save as much as I can to buy me some shades. Although this is a very interesting idea. Because if we had a credit reset system it would encourage everyone to spend their credits on battles, cyphers, emcee items or whatever as fast as they can, therefore, speeding up the overall activity of this website as it forces users to become more engaged.

That being said, I feel like it would be kind of cool if there could be some sort of bank system that has like a limited storage capacity for putting your credits in so you won't lose them after the reset. Maybe some shit like 50 credits or at most a 100, which won't even buy you some of the most expensive shit on the emcee item list.
Unread 12-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #7

Barzooka
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 353 audio / 268 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain gutpunch View Post
IMO I feel like that maybe it should be just a tad bit longer. Maybe two months, three tops. For a lot of people who have lives, whether it's social, work, school, it'd be hard for them to save up to like a couple hundred of credits just voting on shit here and there so they can buy a fucking hoodie. Like come on.

But yeah I have like over a hundred credits and I'm just trying to save as much as I can to buy me some shades. Although this is a very interesting idea. Because if we had a credit reset system it would encourage everyone to spend their credits on battles, cyphers, emcee items or whatever as fast as they can, therefore, speeding up the overall activity of this website as it forces users to become more engaged.

That being said, I feel like it would be kind of cool if there could be some sort of bank system that has like a limited storage capacity for putting your credits in so you won't lose them after the reset. Maybe some shit like 50 credits or at most a 100, which won't even buy you some of the most expensive shit on the emcee item list.
Unread 12-21-2018, 09:29 PM
Row

Quote:
This shit, especially the first sentence,
Unread 12-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #8

Row

Quote:

Unread 12-21-2018, 10:37 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row View Post
well like i asked punk, what do you think would make a change, row?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxve View Post

i was thinking instead of using credits to buy cool shit for your emcee, you'd use real money to help the site. and as far as credits go they would reset weekly. this way you have to vote as often as possible to be able to battle. and as far as letting people have a super massive pile of credits im against it.
Unread 12-21-2018, 10:37 PM   #9

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row View Post
well like i asked punk, what do you think would make a change, row?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxve View Post

i was thinking instead of using credits to buy cool shit for your emcee, you'd use real money to help the site. and as far as credits go they would reset weekly. this way you have to vote as often as possible to be able to battle. and as far as letting people have a super massive pile of credits im against it.

Unread 12-21-2018, 10:46 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Super frequent credit resets is dumb, imo. Monthly MIGHT be ok but anything more frequent is pretty ridiculous. Just cause I don’t feel like battling that week means all my credits go to waste? You realize this would actually be a disincentive for someone to vote right? If they don’t plan to battle that week they have no reason to vote on anything from a credit standpoint.

As someone who votes on nearly every open text battle this month (Sure, I’ve skipped my share of Bnas battles) I don’t really know what the solution is besides for people to just vote more. I don’t find it very hard to vote and a short but explained expo takes like a minute or less after reading the battle. It takes way longer to post in a thread about this than it does to vote on a handful of battles.
Unread 12-21-2018, 10:46 PM   #10

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)

Super frequent credit resets is dumb, imo. Monthly MIGHT be ok but anything more frequent is pretty ridiculous. Just cause I don’t feel like battling that week means all my credits go to waste? You realize this would actually be a disincentive for someone to vote right? If they don’t plan to battle that week they have no reason to vote on anything from a credit standpoint.

As someone who votes on nearly every open text battle this month (Sure, I’ve skipped my share of Bnas battles) I don’t really know what the solution is besides for people to just vote more. I don’t find it very hard to vote and a short but explained expo takes like a minute or less after reading the battle. It takes way longer to post in a thread about this than it does to vote on a handful of battles.

Tags
post1162938, post1162998, post1162999, post1163028, post961693

Display