Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Johnny Hash
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Default "Filling up the box"

Well, this has really been bothering me, so i'm going to go ahead and find out what the actual reason behind this category which you all vote off

8 lines "four bars"

I.E.

No BATTLIN' THAT IS JUST something i'm OFF AND DONE WITH/'Cuz I'm a PASSIVIST like i'm above BLOCC IN PUNCHES/GOD THIS DUMB BITCH, *lunges* n' keeps tryin' to HIT ME/We know (he's outta' the box) 'cuz none of his lines are FITTING/So, what do I have in common with V3NUMB AND TICKET?/I'm lethal and paid for entry? No we WON... HE DIDN'T.../Lemme show SKILL AND POISE as my bombs are STILL DEPLOYED/'til there's no respone Like I blew up marshall to 'KILLTHENOISE'/He thinks he's the greatest of all time and that's SO WEAK/The closest he gets to money from his act, is makin' GOAT CHEESE/SO PLEASE DON'T SPEAK you PHONY OG/

Now that looks cluttered, unorganized, and basically amateur, (IMO) that's how you all like it to be though. Let me ask you...

No BATTLIN' THAT IS JUST something i'm OFF AND DONE WITH/
'Cuz I'm a PASSIVIST like i'm above BLOCC IN PUNCHES/
GOD THIS DUMB BITCH, *lunges* n' keeps tryin' to HIT ME/
We know (he's outta' the box) 'cuz none of his lines are FITTING/
So, what do I have in common with V3NUMB AND TICKET?/
I'm lethal and paid for entry? No we WON... HE DIDN'T.../
Lemme show SKILL AND POISE as my bombs are STILL DEPLOYED/
'til there's no respone Like I blew up marshall to 'KILLTHENOISE'/
He thinks he's the greatest of all time and that's SO WEAK/
The closest he gets to money from his act, is makin' GOAT CHEESE/
SO PLEASE DON'T SPEAK you PHONY OG/

Doesn't that looks more organized, easier to read, and overall better in terms of understanding flow?

Now, at the end I had to force an extra bar (11th), and that's my main annoyance here. WHY ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT QUANTITY VS. QUALITY. Not saying that I deserved this battle, just an example.

If anyone could clear this up for me it'd be appreciated, thank you.

Unread 01-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #1

Johnny Hash
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 68 text
Default "Filling up the box"

Well, this has really been bothering me, so i'm going to go ahead and find out what the actual reason behind this category which you all vote off

8 lines "four bars"

I.E.

No BATTLIN' THAT IS JUST something i'm OFF AND DONE WITH/'Cuz I'm a PASSIVIST like i'm above BLOCC IN PUNCHES/GOD THIS DUMB BITCH, *lunges* n' keeps tryin' to HIT ME/We know (he's outta' the box) 'cuz none of his lines are FITTING/So, what do I have in common with V3NUMB AND TICKET?/I'm lethal and paid for entry? No we WON... HE DIDN'T.../Lemme show SKILL AND POISE as my bombs are STILL DEPLOYED/'til there's no respone Like I blew up marshall to 'KILLTHENOISE'/He thinks he's the greatest of all time and that's SO WEAK/The closest he gets to money from his act, is makin' GOAT CHEESE/SO PLEASE DON'T SPEAK you PHONY OG/

Now that looks cluttered, unorganized, and basically amateur, (IMO) that's how you all like it to be though. Let me ask you...

No BATTLIN' THAT IS JUST something i'm OFF AND DONE WITH/
'Cuz I'm a PASSIVIST like i'm above BLOCC IN PUNCHES/
GOD THIS DUMB BITCH, *lunges* n' keeps tryin' to HIT ME/
We know (he's outta' the box) 'cuz none of his lines are FITTING/
So, what do I have in common with V3NUMB AND TICKET?/
I'm lethal and paid for entry? No we WON... HE DIDN'T.../
Lemme show SKILL AND POISE as my bombs are STILL DEPLOYED/
'til there's no respone Like I blew up marshall to 'KILLTHENOISE'/
He thinks he's the greatest of all time and that's SO WEAK/
The closest he gets to money from his act, is makin' GOAT CHEESE/
SO PLEASE DON'T SPEAK you PHONY OG/

Doesn't that looks more organized, easier to read, and overall better in terms of understanding flow?

Now, at the end I had to force an extra bar (11th), and that's my main annoyance here. WHY ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT QUANTITY VS. QUALITY. Not saying that I deserved this battle, just an example.

If anyone could clear this up for me it'd be appreciated, thank you.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Óðinn
Mentioned: 2432 Post(s)
Tagged: 104 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

Firstly, i'd be concerned about your context, quality of bars before worrying about the placement in which you use in the text box... Battles are easy to flow to/read when they are done correctly (aka no decorations).... Filling up the text box is a must tho, as if your were doing a live battle, 3 rounds, but you felt it was batter to just spit half a round an then go home feeling you've done your self proud... Cop on to ya self..

and as for pressing Enter at the end of each line, dont make bars easier to read...
Unread 01-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #2

Óðinn
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 468 audio / 3095 text

Firstly, i'd be concerned about your context, quality of bars before worrying about the placement in which you use in the text box... Battles are easy to flow to/read when they are done correctly (aka no decorations).... Filling up the text box is a must tho, as if your were doing a live battle, 3 rounds, but you felt it was batter to just spit half a round an then go home feeling you've done your self proud... Cop on to ya self..

and as for pressing Enter at the end of each line, dont make bars easier to read...
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Johnny Hash
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post

I'd have to disagree, and filling the box destroys the set bar/line limit.

Never stated my context, qual, ect. is great You obviously didn't read thoroughly where I stated "This is just an example".

And, if I were doing a live KOTD event, a live GRIND TIME event, a live DON'T FLOP event, A live LABBATTLES event, I would end either once my time limit were up, or once my verse had been finished. In most battles the battler calls "time"

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Also, then what is the point of the bar/line limit? ROFLMAO It's superfluous to even have one there. Why doesn't it say "Fill in 'little' box, 'medium' box, or 'big' box?

Unread 01-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #3

Johnny Hash
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:

I'd have to disagree, and filling the box destroys the set bar/line limit.

Never stated my context, qual, ect. is great You obviously didn't read thoroughly where I stated "This is just an example".

And, if I were doing a live KOTD event, a live GRIND TIME event, a live DON'T FLOP event, A live LABBATTLES event, I would end either once my time limit were up, or once my verse had been finished. In most battles the battler calls "time"

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Also, then what is the point of the bar/line limit? ROFLMAO It's superfluous to even have one there. Why doesn't it say "Fill in 'little' box, 'medium' box, or 'big' box?

Unread 01-31-2012, 05:05 PM
DOPE__Taj
Basic Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:

Very well said..
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #4

DOPE__Taj
Basic Member
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:

Very well said..
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Óðinn
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

lmao... Son when i was referring to the 'live battle' piece i was taking the piss.

~"/[])(*-+< and any other decoration Kills the verse readability.

simple thing to do at the end of your lines (i know its crazy, trust i do) try using a simple Full Stop. But in the case you could be a wacky Crazzzzzzzy guy, go a head for the Exclamation Point! (huh, he didn't).

The flow to your text verse all depends on how you write it...

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab-Stract View Post
[/COLOR]Also, then what is the point of the bar/line limit? ROFLMAO It's superfluous to even have one there. Why doesn't it say "Fill in 'little' box, 'medium' box, or 'big' box?

lmfaooo.... you can keep writing & writing, Numb Nuts.... the line counter is there to let you know how many lines you have... If your submitting a 16 line battle, and the counter reads 17... then what do you do?? you fix your drop so there is 16 lines, don't you... Yeahhhh Yeahhhh....

Now, imagine if you will. A world were LetsBeef.com didn't have a line counter. And you wanted to submit a 16 line battle, and think you have 16 lines wrote, but yet for some 'Crazzzy' reason the battle just wouldn't send your bars...
god, that'd be terrible huh??

Thanks LetsBeef
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #5

Óðinn
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

lmao... Son when i was referring to the 'live battle' piece i was taking the piss.

~"/[])(*-+< and any other decoration Kills the verse readability.

simple thing to do at the end of your lines (i know its crazy, trust i do) try using a simple Full Stop. But in the case you could be a wacky Crazzzzzzzy guy, go a head for the Exclamation Point! (huh, he didn't).

The flow to your text verse all depends on how you write it...

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab-Stract View Post
[/COLOR]Also, then what is the point of the bar/line limit? ROFLMAO It's superfluous to even have one there. Why doesn't it say "Fill in 'little' box, 'medium' box, or 'big' box?

lmfaooo.... you can keep writing & writing, Numb Nuts.... the line counter is there to let you know how many lines you have... If your submitting a 16 line battle, and the counter reads 17... then what do you do?? you fix your drop so there is 16 lines, don't you... Yeahhhh Yeahhhh....

Now, imagine if you will. A world were LetsBeef.com didn't have a line counter. And you wanted to submit a 16 line battle, and think you have 16 lines wrote, but yet for some 'Crazzzy' reason the battle just wouldn't send your bars...
god, that'd be terrible huh??

Thanks LetsBeef
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Johnny Hash
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

So, in the absence of knowledge you turn to computer guidance? Since someone doesn't have the ability to construct a bar that means a computer must do it for them?

It's all how you flow in text? So I could create bars with 100 syllables, and you'd consider it flowable?

Also, I write on 'normal' forums without the "wacky" ish, but that seems to be oh so appealing to this community. If you check the battles everything is wired for fanciness, and peoples lack of understanding.

Capitalize Rhymes, Outline wordplay, ect. ect. it's done VASTLY on this site.

If there weren't a 'line' limit there would be no way it could just not let you submit. 'CRAZY'

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Oh wait, if there were no line counter it wouldn't have a way not allow your submission. Still the 'line limit'.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE__Taj View Post
Very well said..
You reinforced something that wasn't even within' the subject of criterion. LULZ

Last edited by Johnny Hash; 01-31-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #6

Johnny Hash
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

So, in the absence of knowledge you turn to computer guidance? Since someone doesn't have the ability to construct a bar that means a computer must do it for them?

It's all how you flow in text? So I could create bars with 100 syllables, and you'd consider it flowable?

Also, I write on 'normal' forums without the "wacky" ish, but that seems to be oh so appealing to this community. If you check the battles everything is wired for fanciness, and peoples lack of understanding.

Capitalize Rhymes, Outline wordplay, ect. ect. it's done VASTLY on this site.

If there weren't a 'line' limit there would be no way it could just not let you submit. 'CRAZY'

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Oh wait, if there were no line counter it wouldn't have a way not allow your submission. Still the 'line limit'.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE__Taj View Post
Very well said..
You reinforced something that wasn't even within' the subject of criterion. LULZ

Last edited by Johnny Hash; 01-31-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Óðinn
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

lmfaoo... the reason the text structure is as it is here is so simple uneducated text battlers, such as your self will be able to understand the fuck it is there reading... if you dont like to write like everyone else on this site, either write differently of FUCK OFF to another site you claim to be on... Simple.
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #7

Óðinn
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

lmfaoo... the reason the text structure is as it is here is so simple uneducated text battlers, such as your self will be able to understand the fuck it is there reading... if you dont like to write like everyone else on this site, either write differently of FUCK OFF to another site you claim to be on... Simple.
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Johnny Hash
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
I stay active on various sites (LUL). I know how to construct well flowing bars. How text structure has to do with only text battling is beyond me. Writing different will entice a bias against 'set' person.

Glad I could ruffle your feathers though, cool, calm, collective, my friend.

Unread 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #8

Johnny Hash
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
I stay active on various sites (LUL). I know how to construct well flowing bars. How text structure has to do with only text battling is beyond me. Writing different will entice a bias against 'set' person.

Glad I could ruffle your feathers though, cool, calm, collective, my friend.
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:32 PM
DOPE__Taj
Basic Member
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
"such as your self will be able to understand WHAT the fuck it is there reading..."

#typo
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #9

DOPE__Taj
Basic Member
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
"such as your self will be able to understand WHAT the fuck it is there reading..."

#typo
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Óðinn
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

^lol #no Typo'... i type the way i speak.. Appreciate the look out tho..

Ab Stract, w/e dude... You on some Lizman attitude ish. You know how to construct well flowing bars? really? Ones that actually make sense and arn't just multi jammed together...??...

Just cos im not being out nice and polite to your stupidity, dont make me angry nor my feathers fluffed son lol Up your bars, simple
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #10

Óðinn
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

^lol #no Typo'... i type the way i speak.. Appreciate the look out tho..

Ab Stract, w/e dude... You on some Lizman attitude ish. You know how to construct well flowing bars? really? Ones that actually make sense and arn't just multi jammed together...??...

Just cos im not being out nice and polite to your stupidity, dont make me angry nor my feathers fluffed son lol Up your bars, simple

Tags
typo

Display