Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-11-2019, 10:32 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3616 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost
Default Idea to improve voting

I was going to suggest this privately to staff, but I decided to post it publicly instead and get the community involved mulling it over or picking it apart. Why don't we make access to the forums and all of its features, including the chat box, conditional to voting?

I understand the logic of removing the chat box because it can be a distraction. But part of the reason why it has the power to even be a distraction is because it is popular. So why not make it an incentive to voting rather than getting rid of it altogether and hoping people vote more as a result?

The LB pages (battles, tournamnents, tracks, etc.) and the vBulletin pages (forums, chat box, etc.) are like two different systems which share the same user database. So in theory, a user can have access to one without necessarily having access to the other.

We could make it where people have access to the LB pages first and foremost, and they must vote on x amount of battles in order to have access to the forums and all of its features for a limited time. For example, we can say people must drop 10 votes in order to have access to the forums for a week, and after that week their access expires and they must drop another 10 votes in order to regain access.

I think we would see votes skyrocket as a result.

At this point, I don't think it could hurt and is more likely to only make things better. If you guys want to see how this not having any chat box thing pans out, then we can wait a while. But I'm pretty sure I tried it before and the forums were even more dead than they were prior to removing the chat box and votes didn't necessarily get any better and a couple of people even deleted their accounts if I remember correctly.

Anyways, this is just my humble suggestion. Feel free to discuss and good luck on everything.
Unread 12-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #1

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text

Default Idea to improve voting

I was going to suggest this privately to staff, but I decided to post it publicly instead and get the community involved mulling it over or picking it apart. Why don't we make access to the forums and all of its features, including the chat box, conditional to voting?

I understand the logic of removing the chat box because it can be a distraction. But part of the reason why it has the power to even be a distraction is because it is popular. So why not make it an incentive to voting rather than getting rid of it altogether and hoping people vote more as a result?

The LB pages (battles, tournamnents, tracks, etc.) and the vBulletin pages (forums, chat box, etc.) are like two different systems which share the same user database. So in theory, a user can have access to one without necessarily having access to the other.

We could make it where people have access to the LB pages first and foremost, and they must vote on x amount of battles in order to have access to the forums and all of its features for a limited time. For example, we can say people must drop 10 votes in order to have access to the forums for a week, and after that week their access expires and they must drop another 10 votes in order to regain access.

I think we would see votes skyrocket as a result.

At this point, I don't think it could hurt and is more likely to only make things better. If you guys want to see how this not having any chat box thing pans out, then we can wait a while. But I'm pretty sure I tried it before and the forums were even more dead than they were prior to removing the chat box and votes didn't necessarily get any better and a couple of people even deleted their accounts if I remember correctly.

Anyways, this is just my humble suggestion. Feel free to discuss and good luck on everything.
Unread 12-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Autograph
Mentioned: 726 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.5/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.5/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
151 Won / 31 Lost

Just to piggy back off of NOBLE, getting rid of the chat was a bad idea. And here’s why.. everyone will simply relocate off the site. And by off the site, I mean to discord. It’s already happening and it hasn’t even been 24 hours. It’s better to have people distracted on site, than to be completely away from the site distracted if that makes sense. But I agree with NOBLE on a lot of this. You could try to have a voting minimum to access the chat box on here.

Last edited by Autograph; 12-11-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 12-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #2

Autograph
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.4/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.5/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.5/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
151 Won / 31 Lost

Voted: 215 audio / 1447 text
Mentioned: 726 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Just to piggy back off of NOBLE, getting rid of the chat was a bad idea. And here’s why.. everyone will simply relocate off the site. And by off the site, I mean to discord. It’s already happening and it hasn’t even been 24 hours. It’s better to have people distracted on site, than to be completely away from the site distracted if that makes sense. But I agree with NOBLE on a lot of this. You could try to have a voting minimum to access the chat box on here.

Last edited by Autograph; 12-11-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2019, 10:54 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

"I've decided to post it publicly to get the community involved" - The guy who asked to demod me for posting things publicly to get the community involved.

While the idea is alright, I'll give you my personal perspective. I was really active in voting last month. Work has taken over a bit this month so I've been posting a little bit. The forums have got me interested in tournaments and Illmania 5. I'm excited about battling. If you took that away, I genuinely wouldn't give a fuck about the site. Right now I can post some shit during work and submit a verse when I have time. I can't sit down, read and comment a vote. Its too much work during working hours. It would essentially make someone like me simply not be involved on the site.
@mcg#3451
Unread 12-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #3

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

"I've decided to post it publicly to get the community involved" - The guy who asked to demod me for posting things publicly to get the community involved.

While the idea is alright, I'll give you my personal perspective. I was really active in voting last month. Work has taken over a bit this month so I've been posting a little bit. The forums have got me interested in tournaments and Illmania 5. I'm excited about battling. If you took that away, I genuinely wouldn't give a fuck about the site. Right now I can post some shit during work and submit a verse when I have time. I can't sit down, read and comment a vote. Its too much work during working hours. It would essentially make someone like me simply not be involved on the site.
@mcg#3451
Unread 12-11-2019, 10:55 AM
IIAM
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
5 Won / 3 Lost

These are all great ideas and facts as to what’s gonna happen. Example: there’s already an off-site chat lmao

Making people vote before they have access will work, but also make it FEEL like work, we will see random votes from people that just want to get the shit over with. Kinda like waiting for the skip button on adds before a YouTube video.

Have y’all tried having only mods vote?
Or voting on a set of battles before you can battle.
Like 2 or something?
Unread 12-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #4

IIAM
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
5 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 16 audio / 41 text
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

These are all great ideas and facts as to what’s gonna happen. Example: there’s already an off-site chat lmao

Making people vote before they have access will work, but also make it FEEL like work, we will see random votes from people that just want to get the shit over with. Kinda like waiting for the skip button on adds before a YouTube video.

Have y’all tried having only mods vote?
Or voting on a set of battles before you can battle.
Like 2 or something?
Unread 12-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Enfinite
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post

I'm gonna Co-Sign this.

My only hiccup is this, will required voting for forum access inevitably cause lower quality voting?
I think there's a possibility of members throwing out quick votes just to gain their access back rather than actually taking time to vote and leave meaningful feedback.
Unread 12-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #5

Enfinite

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post

I'm gonna Co-Sign this.

My only hiccup is this, will required voting for forum access inevitably cause lower quality voting?
I think there's a possibility of members throwing out quick votes just to gain their access back rather than actually taking time to vote and leave meaningful feedback.

Unread 12-11-2019, 01:16 PM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

I agree that the forums/chatbox make the site more exciting and help to set up battle events, but this isn't suggesting to get rid of them period so much as to make a minimal prerequisite one must pass before continuing to the forum part of the site. It'll be like this: you log into LB and a message pops up saying x amount of votes is required to access the forum features of the site, but you can still battle, vote or drop tracks with no problem in the meantime. It can be a minimal amount of votes (like 5) so its not too much of a burden, and the access can last for a few days. You can still check the forums, just after dropping a few votes and you won't have to do so again for a few days. If everyone who logs in was required to do that, i can almost guarantee that will get rid of the voting problem. As far as people dropping shitty votes, people drop shitty votes now even without having this idea in place. There's always a probability that there will be Some shitty votes. Would you rather have more votes total with the probability that some will be shitty, or would you rather have less votes also with the probability that some will be shitty?
Unread 12-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #6

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text

I agree that the forums/chatbox make the site more exciting and help to set up battle events, but this isn't suggesting to get rid of them period so much as to make a minimal prerequisite one must pass before continuing to the forum part of the site. It'll be like this: you log into LB and a message pops up saying x amount of votes is required to access the forum features of the site, but you can still battle, vote or drop tracks with no problem in the meantime. It can be a minimal amount of votes (like 5) so its not too much of a burden, and the access can last for a few days. You can still check the forums, just after dropping a few votes and you won't have to do so again for a few days. If everyone who logs in was required to do that, i can almost guarantee that will get rid of the voting problem. As far as people dropping shitty votes, people drop shitty votes now even without having this idea in place. There's always a probability that there will be Some shitty votes. Would you rather have more votes total with the probability that some will be shitty, or would you rather have less votes also with the probability that some will be shitty?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2019, 01:29 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Well first, I mean the attitude "or would you rather less votes" is a bit rich from someone who hasn't voted in 4 years.

Anyways, today I've spent time running lines with Lock for a major tournament battle, writing lines for said battle, posted on the forums a few times, all during downtimes at work. I wouldn't be able to vote in those times, so I wouldn't have been able to do anything that I did.
@mcg#3451
Unread 12-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #7

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Well first, I mean the attitude "or would you rather less votes" is a bit rich from someone who hasn't voted in 4 years.

Anyways, today I've spent time running lines with Lock for a major tournament battle, writing lines for said battle, posted on the forums a few times, all during downtimes at work. I wouldn't be able to vote in those times, so I wouldn't have been able to do anything that I did.
Unread 12-11-2019, 01:34 PM
IAmFlow
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

While I understand the premise and at the moment I do not have an idea of my own. I actually completely disagree with this idea.

For one as already stated, quality of voting will 100% go down. Maybe not the first day or first week, but 100% guaranteed voting quality will get even worse and tbh, from experience in the past, its probably only the same handful of people that actually leave quality votes as it is.

Second this is just a parenting method that almost always backfires and never works anyways. "Son, if you don't do your homework then you can't play with your friends". Many of us here are adults. Taking a privilege away isn't an incentive, it's a punishment. All of us here should feel lucky that any of these battle sites exist so we have a community to express ourselves and have fun with this hobby, which it is for majority of us as well.

Time is also a factor. Some people may not always have the time to give votes on multiple battles either. Some people may only have time to write that battle or two they were obligated to write. Voting isn't always quick for people that actually read the verses and leave feedback either.

One of the issues I find honestly, after being on forums for the last several years is there is just too many garbage battles. Like on forum even if it's a new member, you have call them out, go through the process of setting a battle up. I mean a lot of these open battles I see are bullshit battles. Some people may have limited time and not want to read garbage. There is too many factors and voting issues have always been there since day one. Even way back when in the big eras of LB there was always voting issues there has always been voting issues on every single site that battles.

On a personal note, If I am forced to vote to use other aspects of the site I am out and those that know me from a long time ago can attest that I have always contributed in the voting area, so it isn't even the fact of not wanting to do it. I am 100% positive that this method of forcing people to do it will not work over the mid-long term. Maybe short term you can enough people pulling together to do it, but long term it will make things slowly die off. Plus the comment about the discord will happen regardless, this is a new technology age. People want to be able to talk actively and multiple of the other forums have their own discord because you can literally just chit chat with everyone from anywhere on earth. It's a pain in the ass to use LB on the phone. Just saying.

Another issue is lets say we go way back to some of the legends. Like Jason or UA show up. They are supposed to go vote on a certain number of battles to pop in and say whats up, or see how things are going. There are too many issues with this idea.

As far as the chatbox goes, I also 100% agree with removing it though even with what I said about the discord. From the short amount of time I have been back that chatbox was infested with bullshit.
Unread 12-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #8

IAmFlow
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 166 audio / 1340 text
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

While I understand the premise and at the moment I do not have an idea of my own. I actually completely disagree with this idea.

For one as already stated, quality of voting will 100% go down. Maybe not the first day or first week, but 100% guaranteed voting quality will get even worse and tbh, from experience in the past, its probably only the same handful of people that actually leave quality votes as it is.

Second this is just a parenting method that almost always backfires and never works anyways. "Son, if you don't do your homework then you can't play with your friends". Many of us here are adults. Taking a privilege away isn't an incentive, it's a punishment. All of us here should feel lucky that any of these battle sites exist so we have a community to express ourselves and have fun with this hobby, which it is for majority of us as well.

Time is also a factor. Some people may not always have the time to give votes on multiple battles either. Some people may only have time to write that battle or two they were obligated to write. Voting isn't always quick for people that actually read the verses and leave feedback either.

One of the issues I find honestly, after being on forums for the last several years is there is just too many garbage battles. Like on forum even if it's a new member, you have call them out, go through the process of setting a battle up. I mean a lot of these open battles I see are bullshit battles. Some people may have limited time and not want to read garbage. There is too many factors and voting issues have always been there since day one. Even way back when in the big eras of LB there was always voting issues there has always been voting issues on every single site that battles.

On a personal note, If I am forced to vote to use other aspects of the site I am out and those that know me from a long time ago can attest that I have always contributed in the voting area, so it isn't even the fact of not wanting to do it. I am 100% positive that this method of forcing people to do it will not work over the mid-long term. Maybe short term you can enough people pulling together to do it, but long term it will make things slowly die off. Plus the comment about the discord will happen regardless, this is a new technology age. People want to be able to talk actively and multiple of the other forums have their own discord because you can literally just chit chat with everyone from anywhere on earth. It's a pain in the ass to use LB on the phone. Just saying.

Another issue is lets say we go way back to some of the legends. Like Jason or UA show up. They are supposed to go vote on a certain number of battles to pop in and say whats up, or see how things are going. There are too many issues with this idea.

As far as the chatbox goes, I also 100% agree with removing it though even with what I said about the discord. From the short amount of time I have been back that chatbox was infested with bullshit.
Unread 12-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Rican

I want to hear what X has say to about the voting perks and icons he had thought of.
Unread 12-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #9

Rican

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

I want to hear what X has say to about the voting perks and icons he had thought of.

Unread 12-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
8 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

@NOBLE I think this idea has merit, but unfortunately as a one-size-fits-all approach it would cut out people like EtH. I personally tend to follow an activity pattern of spending most of the week just cruising the forums and writing a few lines, then going on a voting spree one day and dropping 20 odd votes. I think that instead of this system, you could instead transfer the credits system over to the forums/chatbox (and bring the chatbox back). In order to make a forum post/number of shouts in the box you would need a certain number of credits, and the only way to get credits would be by voting. That way, people like me could stockpile credits in the weekend for instance, then be able to post in the forums through the week if we were too busy to put in the time and effort necessary for proper voting. Just my thoughts.
Unread 12-11-2019, 07:11 PM   #10

Kiwi Peewee
8 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)

@NOBLE I think this idea has merit, but unfortunately as a one-size-fits-all approach it would cut out people like EtH. I personally tend to follow an activity pattern of spending most of the week just cruising the forums and writing a few lines, then going on a voting spree one day and dropping 20 odd votes. I think that instead of this system, you could instead transfer the credits system over to the forums/chatbox (and bring the chatbox back). In order to make a forum post/number of shouts in the box you would need a certain number of credits, and the only way to get credits would be by voting. That way, people like me could stockpile credits in the weekend for instance, then be able to post in the forums through the week if we were too busy to put in the time and effort necessary for proper voting. Just my thoughts.

Display