Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Erupt da Monsta Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1899 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
24 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

[quote=Biggi Mombasa;1177887]First, what Erupt is saying is mostly bullshit. Battling works similarly to boxing. You can have all the style in the world, slick as fuck, but if you're not landing punches you're not winning fights. Something has to connect. Now a slick or unconventional style can completely lead to those punches landing cleaner than they would otherwise, but the style is there to supplement the punches. The offence and attack is everything.

That's why someone like Reefer sucked to me. He'd fit one punch into 6 lines. If you're opponent has landed three to your one, your one better be a fucking haymaker or you're dropping a decision.

Now to Erupts credit, I think he's right about everyone's writing styles. I know I take a lot of credit but when you consider it's guys like Lock, Bleu, Manny, Shodan etc. that pushes the current gen of the site, I think that ACs style of clean writing led to the current point of LB. Guys like Grizz or Dissizit were so fucking bad and we all knew that's not how we wanted the site to write.

The problem with that is, it's where everyone stopped. Everyone just became a clean writer and quit evolving. You mention you teaching Lockhart but that's a terrible example. Lockhart has zero style to his verse. That's why he sat as a fringe battler for ages. He broke through not because he has a style, but on the strength of his punches alone. To battle without an edge you need to fucking nail every technical aspect and you need to be extremely good at coming up with punches.

That's my problem with most of the guys now. Since the style is so generic and plain, I shark every single little issue in the lines because if you're gonna write generic you better be fucking good at it. Like, perfect.

What you want to do is get the clean, technical, basic style down first. Nail that shit. Then, experiment. Erupt did that by trying to eliminate generic deliveries to his bars. He did everything in his power to avoid similes and try and go for a different approach.

You can definitely be a successful battler with very little style. UA, Bleu, Lockhart. These are guys who just spit very clean, very straight forward, keep your punches going from A to B but make sure the punch itself is fucking killer.

But to shortcut that, you need to find a style. A way to stand out. You all know me as the personals guy and while it doesn't always pay off, I have been competitive with guys I wouldn't stand a chance against in an impersonal normal battle. For me, tapping into my sort of roasting, trolling, comedy sort of style is what it took to have an edge. I dunno if it'll work for everyone but try and find a way to add your personality into your bars. When you think of great battle rappers, they each have so much personality in their performance. It's easier when doing it like but you wouldn't imagine Shuffle T sitting down and thinking "Man these gun bars are fucking sick they'll make the other guy shit himself".[end quote by retarded ass nigga))

You literally go from saying what I’m saying is mostly bullshit, to saying that “you need to find a style to stand out” ...

That was my whole point to begin with you fucking idiot.
For two I never said punches weren’t important. They are hella important, but the other elements to texting is equally important.

If you eliminate the other elements, then everyone ends up looking the same with their styles hence we see now.

Don’t even begin to act like you know what I’m talking about lil nigga you couldn’t construct a decent punch to save your life.

Acting like you know the first thing about constructing a decent text verse Lmao

You’ve never been considered average let alone anyone that anybody should be taking tips from.

You completely missed the point I was making, because you lack the skill to comprehend it.

Ez

Last edited by Erupt da Monsta; 09-27-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:00 AM   #151

Erupt da Monsta Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
24 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 96 audio / 723 text
Mentioned: 1899 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)

[quote=Biggi Mombasa;1177887]First, what Erupt is saying is mostly bullshit. Battling works similarly to boxing. You can have all the style in the world, slick as fuck, but if you're not landing punches you're not winning fights. Something has to connect. Now a slick or unconventional style can completely lead to those punches landing cleaner than they would otherwise, but the style is there to supplement the punches. The offence and attack is everything.

That's why someone like Reefer sucked to me. He'd fit one punch into 6 lines. If you're opponent has landed three to your one, your one better be a fucking haymaker or you're dropping a decision.

Now to Erupts credit, I think he's right about everyone's writing styles. I know I take a lot of credit but when you consider it's guys like Lock, Bleu, Manny, Shodan etc. that pushes the current gen of the site, I think that ACs style of clean writing led to the current point of LB. Guys like Grizz or Dissizit were so fucking bad and we all knew that's not how we wanted the site to write.

The problem with that is, it's where everyone stopped. Everyone just became a clean writer and quit evolving. You mention you teaching Lockhart but that's a terrible example. Lockhart has zero style to his verse. That's why he sat as a fringe battler for ages. He broke through not because he has a style, but on the strength of his punches alone. To battle without an edge you need to fucking nail every technical aspect and you need to be extremely good at coming up with punches.

That's my problem with most of the guys now. Since the style is so generic and plain, I shark every single little issue in the lines because if you're gonna write generic you better be fucking good at it. Like, perfect.

What you want to do is get the clean, technical, basic style down first. Nail that shit. Then, experiment. Erupt did that by trying to eliminate generic deliveries to his bars. He did everything in his power to avoid similes and try and go for a different approach.

You can definitely be a successful battler with very little style. UA, Bleu, Lockhart. These are guys who just spit very clean, very straight forward, keep your punches going from A to B but make sure the punch itself is fucking killer.

But to shortcut that, you need to find a style. A way to stand out. You all know me as the personals guy and while it doesn't always pay off, I have been competitive with guys I wouldn't stand a chance against in an impersonal normal battle. For me, tapping into my sort of roasting, trolling, comedy sort of style is what it took to have an edge. I dunno if it'll work for everyone but try and find a way to add your personality into your bars. When you think of great battle rappers, they each have so much personality in their performance. It's easier when doing it like but you wouldn't imagine Shuffle T sitting down and thinking "Man these gun bars are fucking sick they'll make the other guy shit himself".[end quote by retarded ass nigga))

You literally go from saying what I’m saying is mostly bullshit, to saying that “you need to find a style to stand out” ...

For two I never said punches weren’t important. They are hella important, but the other elements to texting is equally important.

If you eliminate the other elements, then everyone ends up looking the same with their styles hence we see now.

Don’t even begin to act like you know what I’m talking about lil nigga you couldn’t construct a decent punch to save your life.

Acting like you know the first thing about constructing a decent text verse Lmao

You’ve never been considered average let alone anyone that anybody should be taking tips from.

You completely missed the point I was making, because you lack the skill to comprehend it.

Ez

Last edited by Erupt da Monsta; 09-27-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:02 AM
Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost

Lol

But yea I co-sign what Erupt said, ya'll seem to be missin the point. Its not about multis and flow being easy...its about being so dominant at it that you were known for it, and people would look forward to reading your shit because of it..Eth has a point about the evolution/growth stoppin once everybody decided clean writing was the way..

Last edited by Godbody; 09-27-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:02 AM   #152

Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 111 audio / 86 text
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)

Lol

But yea I co-sign what Erupt said, ya'll seem to be missin the point. Its not about multis and flow being easy...its about being so dominant at it that you were known for it, and people would look forward to reading your shit because of it..Eth has a point about the evolution/growth stoppin once everybody decided clean writing was the way..

Last edited by Godbody; 09-27-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:46 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbody View Post
Lol

Ironically multis and flow are some of my biggest issues reading old shit. Guys were all over the place. Then you've got that middle generation that you're part of (because thats when most of your reputation was built) of using that weird as fuck reference style which means flow is absolutely nothing in a verse as it'd be impossible to deliver the punch without an expo. Realistically if you require an expo your shit cant flow.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erupt View Post

Ez
Other elements aren't equally important. Punches are the absolute unrivalled important factor. Style is important, like how stage presence is important to a comedian, bur jokes are still the be all and end all of his job. Punches are that in battling.

Mate you manually requested that I be included in your list of biggest wins, on a verse you took 8 months to respond to. Don't you have YouTube views to be buying or something? We can battle if you wanna discuss individual skill levels, but fuck outta here with your "style is as important as punches" nonsense.

You talk shit about the current guys but refuse to send to any of them. Just arrange a battle and do it. Erupt Vs Lock, just send a verse and stfu. No ones tryna battle a dude who takes 5 years to respond.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 09-27-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Erupts dumbass failure to quote fucked up my post
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:46 AM   #153

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbody View Post
Lol

Ironically multis and flow are some of my biggest issues reading old shit. Guys were all over the place. Then you've got that middle generation that you're part of (because thats when most of your reputation was built) of using that weird as fuck reference style which means flow is absolutely nothing in a verse as it'd be impossible to deliver the punch without an expo. Realistically if you require an expo your shit cant flow.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erupt View Post

Ez
Other elements aren't equally important. Punches are the absolute unrivalled important factor. Style is important, like how stage presence is important to a comedian, bur jokes are still the be all and end all of his job. Punches are that in battling.

Mate you manually requested that I be included in your list of biggest wins, on a verse you took 8 months to respond to. Don't you have YouTube views to be buying or something? We can battle if you wanna discuss individual skill levels, but fuck outta here with your "style is as important as punches" nonsense.

You talk shit about the current guys but refuse to send to any of them. Just arrange a battle and do it. Erupt Vs Lock, just send a verse and stfu. No ones tryna battle a dude who takes 5 years to respond.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 09-27-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Erupts dumbass failure to quote fucked up my post
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:51 AM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

@Erupt can take on the winner of @Rai vs Me on next month's LBT card.

What say you to that @Rai & @Erupt?
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #154

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Unread 09-27-2019, 09:54 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post

Erupt will probably be signed to Def Jam by then.

In 3 months my LB thread has received more comments than Erupts latest track got views in 5 months. The pay-for-views money musta ran out quick.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 09-27-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:54 AM   #155

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post

In 3 months my LB thread has received more comments than Erupts latest track got views in 5 months. The pay-for-views money musta ran out quick.

Last edited by EtH; 09-27-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Unread 09-27-2019, 10:11 AM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggi Mombasa View Post

Unread 09-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #156

Locchart

Quote:

Unread 09-27-2019, 11:33 AM
ColossalMini
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

lol I've read like 3 of these people, ColossalMini #1 B)
jk
Unread 09-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #157

ColossalMini

Voted: 1 audio / 58 text
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

jk
Unread 09-27-2019, 11:40 AM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossalMini View Post
jk
KILLERS.
Unread 09-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #158

Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossalMini View Post
jk
KILLERS.

Unread 09-27-2019, 11:52 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Subreal: bUt iVe beAt MinI iN A BatTLe
@mcg#3451
Unread 09-27-2019, 11:52 AM   #159

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Unread 09-27-2019, 12:57 PM
Subreal
Mentioned: 1040 Post(s)
Tagged: 39 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Quote:
Idk what you are talking about ancient wins I’m not talking about when Shodan was rainbow dash and new, it was recent lol. I give credit where it is due it’s not like I’m sitting here bragging about that one time I beat Lockhart several years ago even though I’m like 1-4 vs him or something

Pack of Wolves, gayest crew on the site.

Last edited by Subreal; 09-27-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Unread 09-27-2019, 12:57 PM   #160

Subreal
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Voted: 44 audio / 258 text
Mentioned: 1040 Post(s)
Tagged: 39 Thread(s)

Quote:
Idk what you are talking about ancient wins I’m not talking about when Shodan was rainbow dash and new, it was recent lol. I give credit where it is due it’s not like I’m sitting here bragging about that one time I beat Lockhart several years ago even though I’m like 1-4 vs him or something

Pack of Wolves, gayest crew on the site.

Last edited by Subreal; 09-27-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4thesite

Display