Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Aggo
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

"This will affect me personally in this way

"No it won't. I know you better than you know you"
Unread 12-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #41

Aggo

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

"This will affect me personally in this way

"No it won't. I know you better than you know you"

Unread 12-09-2017, 04:11 PM
ILLoKWENT ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 2696 Post(s)
Tagged: 58 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
168 Won / 28 Lost

What you could do @NOBLE is try to make trophy's that distinctly say ex. (Title champion )+year that they won so that way it can be prominently displayed where the awards normally. I think this is what the people with titles are mainly concerned about. That their particular title isn't properly adorned for all to see and know what distinct tourney they won..that way you can have the actual title holder have his directly under his name for the year.

Last edited by ILLoKWENT; 12-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Unread 12-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #42

ILLoKWENT ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
168 Won / 28 Lost

Voted: 82 audio / 1286 text

What you could do @NOBLE is try to make trophy's that distinctly say ex. (Title champion )+year that they won so that way it can be prominently displayed where the awards normally. I think this is what the people with titles are mainly concerned about. That their particular title isn't properly adorned for all to see and know what distinct tourney they won..that way you can have the actual title holder have his directly under his name for the year.

Last edited by ILLoKWENT; 12-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Unread 12-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Bleu

Reset all time rankings and the way points work off of wins and losses like I've said before. So sniping is discouraged and the rankings are more realistic. Also, make people get a win every one or 2 weeks to keep their streak alive. That will give people a reason to battle. If someone feels like they don't want to battle since they won a GC or whatever then they don't really want to battle in general.

If I no longer have the titles that I earned with the hardwork of my brain / pen game then majority of those battles were really for nothing and I would have 0 motivation to continue battling or do any of those things over again just to have them erased. Collecting titles and racking them up is like rare achievements in a high skill cap video game that very few people can accomplish.. The type of shit you want symbolized under your name wherever you go because you clearly had the skill and put in the time/effort to set yourself apart from the rest when it was for all the marbles. A big reason people didn't make long runs in the LBA/LBT is because the title wasn't permanent. Only reason people have been striving to do that lately is to get the permanent title. That says a lot. If someone's satisfied after winning a title I don't think taking away their title will motivate them again because they already don't love this shit.. If anything it would probably push them away from battling even more
Unread 12-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #43

Bleu

Reset all time rankings and the way points work off of wins and losses like I've said before. So sniping is discouraged and the rankings are more realistic. Also, make people get a win every one or 2 weeks to keep their streak alive. That will give people a reason to battle. If someone feels like they don't want to battle since they won a GC or whatever then they don't really want to battle in general.

If I no longer have the titles that I earned with the hardwork of my brain / pen game then majority of those battles were really for nothing and I would have 0 motivation to continue battling or do any of those things over again just to have them erased. Collecting titles and racking them up is like rare achievements in a high skill cap video game that very few people can accomplish.. The type of shit you want symbolized under your name wherever you go because you clearly had the skill and put in the time/effort to set yourself apart from the rest when it was for all the marbles. A big reason people didn't make long runs in the LBA/LBT is because the title wasn't permanent. Only reason people have been striving to do that lately is to get the permanent title. That says a lot. If someone's satisfied after winning a title I don't think taking away their title will motivate them again because they already don't love this shit.. If anything it would probably push them away from battling even more

Unread 12-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Nerdism Nerdism is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!Nerdism is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
25 Won / 0 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The titles are good in more ways than one clearly
Unread 12-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #44

Nerdism Nerdism is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!Nerdism is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
25 Won / 0 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 14 audio / 176 text
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The titles are good in more ways than one clearly
Unread 12-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
4 1828
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLoKWENT View Post
. At this point you are assuming that those that say they won't be thrilled with defensible titles and won't have the motivation to participate is a fair assumption but still speculative... There has to be a reason why @NOBLE would even concieve this narrative in the first place.. it's because activity is still weak ATM, and he is proactively thinking of something DIFFERENT AND REFRESHING.not the same old tried and true formula that everyone's grown accustomed to and tired of . face facts people keep complaining they want new stuff, yet when someone puts out something that actually would be fun and different, it takes someone out of their comfort zone.. trust me, activity will not diminish, because frankly it ain't that great now, but can only get better. And those that say they'll not battle are full of shit, because at the end of the day, this is still the best structured battle site and their competitive spirit will prevail..you need to have more faith in trying something different.. @NOBLE when your ready to do this yank all my titles, I may have to come out of retirement to show these yungins how it's done again
This new and refreshing idea is an effort to get the old and crusty motivated again....they dont answer callouts or bars in their inboxes, why would they care about losing their titles if they aint logged in for years?

"Hey, we took your title away (enter champs name from 5 years ago here)"
"Ooh, Im mad....lemme pick up a pen for the first time in years to get my usertitle back"

Right....yall dont respond when youre broken down to be perceived as garbage but take away yall titles and youll grab them pens lickety split. Either its lies or yall priorities are all outta whack

theres plenty of ways to try new and refreshing things to generate activity....but if activity sucks, why kill it further by taking something important away from those that are actually faithful and contributing?
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 12-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #45

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
4 1828
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 700 text

Quote:
. At this point you are assuming that those that say they won't be thrilled with defensible titles and won't have the motivation to participate is a fair assumption but still speculative... There has to be a reason why @NOBLE would even concieve this narrative in the first place.. it's because activity is still weak ATM, and he is proactively thinking of something DIFFERENT AND REFRESHING.not the same old tried and true formula that everyone's grown accustomed to and tired of . face facts people keep complaining they want new stuff, yet when someone puts out something that actually would be fun and different, it takes someone out of their comfort zone.. trust me, activity will not diminish, because frankly it ain't that great now, but can only get better. And those that say they'll not battle are full of shit, because at the end of the day, this is still the best structured battle site and their competitive spirit will prevail..you need to have more faith in trying something different.. @NOBLE when your ready to do this yank all my titles, I may have to come out of retirement to show these yungins how it's done again
This new and refreshing idea is an effort to get the old and crusty motivated again....they dont answer callouts or bars in their inboxes, why would they care about losing their titles if they aint logged in for years?

"Ooh, Im mad....lemme pick up a pen for the first time in years to get my usertitle back"

Right....yall dont respond when youre broken down to be perceived as garbage but take away yall titles and youll grab them pens lickety split. Either its lies or yall priorities are all outta whack

theres plenty of ways to try new and refreshing things to generate activity....but if activity sucks, why kill it further by taking something important away from those that are actually faithful and contributing?

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 12-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
168 Won / 28 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post

Y'all worried as Bleu pointed out about keeping the titles under your name for all to see the accomplishments you made. I get that. What I'm proposing as a compromise is to have the past titles wit their corresponding year be relocated to where the awards and trophy's are located. That way the currently held title will be directly below the name @NOBLE could this be done

Last edited by ILLoKWENT; 12-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Unread 12-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #46

Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
168 Won / 28 Lost

Voted: 82 audio / 1286 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post

Y'all worried as Bleu pointed out about keeping the titles under your name for all to see the accomplishments you made. I get that. What I'm proposing as a compromise is to have the past titles wit their corresponding year be relocated to where the awards and trophy's are located. That way the currently held title will be directly below the name @NOBLE could this be done

Last edited by ILLoKWENT; 12-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Unread 12-09-2017, 08:23 PM
4 1828
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Y'all worried as Bleu pointed out about keeping the titles under your name for all to see the accomplishments you made. I get that. What I'm proposing as a compromise is to have the past titles wit their corresponding year be relocated to where the awards and trophy's are located. That way the currently held title will be directly below the name
Me? Im not worried about a damn thing besides activity....and a tourney with Bleu and Aggo in it is better than one without them in it....cept when the dickheads make cancer jokes and my team doesnt move on but thats neither here nor there.

Im reacting to the active crowd's opinion....You're among the crowd Noble is hoping to appeal to with this change, Illo....flat out, would making the scheme and tag team title interchangeable (because we didnt keep any other orange text titles) make you battle more often and more consistently?

Remembering RULE
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 12-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #47

4 1828
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 700 text

Quote:
Y'all worried as Bleu pointed out about keeping the titles under your name for all to see the accomplishments you made. I get that. What I'm proposing as a compromise is to have the past titles wit their corresponding year be relocated to where the awards and trophy's are located. That way the currently held title will be directly below the name
Me? Im not worried about a damn thing besides activity....and a tourney with Bleu and Aggo in it is better than one without them in it....cept when the dickheads make cancer jokes and my team doesnt move on but thats neither here nor there.

Im reacting to the active crowd's opinion....You're among the crowd Noble is hoping to appeal to with this change, Illo....flat out, would making the scheme and tag team title interchangeable (because we didnt keep any other orange text titles) make you battle more often and more consistently?
Unread 12-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Aggo

It's about time we put that cancer joke benign'd us.
Unread 12-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #48

Aggo

It's about time we put that cancer joke benign'd us.

Unread 12-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Dirty Work
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
76 Won / 36 Lost

I see where Noble is coming from, but I think taking away people's titles is a bad idea. It won't have the effect you are suggesting, at least not overall. I'm guessing that it will demotivate more individuals than it motivates. The lack of interest in LBT/LBA is something that demonstrates how temporary titles can be less motivating, and beyond that, taking away people's accomplishments is really going to take the wind out of their sails. Now, I do realize that you are not talking about taking the titles away entirely, and that you just want to see them removed from below user names, but that is one of the most important parts of a title. It is immediately visible to anyone who views a profile. Maybe a compromise could be splitting user groups so that the colors could be removed from the names of past title holders, while the title remains under their name on profiles. New groups could be created for current title holders to have the colored names.

As far as the rankings, I think this is an area that could generate wayyyy more activity if it were revamped. I like Bleu's idea of simply resetting it, but that's definitely too drastic because it would be like erasing history. Even though it is pretty much a bullshit record of history lol. What if we were to sort of "retire" the current rankings and preserve them in a thread, and then start fresh with a new era? I don't know what you would use as a headline to describe the new rankings, but something that reflects the fact that they do not include pre 2018 numbers. And don't use the same system. Develop something that better represents the actual ranks instead of just the mass sniper and ducking folks.
Unread 12-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #49

Dirty Work
Estimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
76 Won / 36 Lost

Voted: 17 audio / 386 text
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

I see where Noble is coming from, but I think taking away people's titles is a bad idea. It won't have the effect you are suggesting, at least not overall. I'm guessing that it will demotivate more individuals than it motivates. The lack of interest in LBT/LBA is something that demonstrates how temporary titles can be less motivating, and beyond that, taking away people's accomplishments is really going to take the wind out of their sails. Now, I do realize that you are not talking about taking the titles away entirely, and that you just want to see them removed from below user names, but that is one of the most important parts of a title. It is immediately visible to anyone who views a profile. Maybe a compromise could be splitting user groups so that the colors could be removed from the names of past title holders, while the title remains under their name on profiles. New groups could be created for current title holders to have the colored names.

As far as the rankings, I think this is an area that could generate wayyyy more activity if it were revamped. I like Bleu's idea of simply resetting it, but that's definitely too drastic because it would be like erasing history. Even though it is pretty much a bullshit record of history lol. What if we were to sort of "retire" the current rankings and preserve them in a thread, and then start fresh with a new era? I don't know what you would use as a headline to describe the new rankings, but something that reflects the fact that they do not include pre 2018 numbers. And don't use the same system. Develop something that better represents the actual ranks instead of just the mass sniper and ducking folks.
Unread 12-10-2017, 12:01 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3616 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

I actually like @Row's idea of expiring flames. I think it would work great coupled with @Bleu's idea of requiring people to win at least once every two weeks in order to keep their flames.
@ILLoKWENT I'm down to make such trophies if people are actually for it. The majority of people in this thread seem to be against making any changes to titles, however. @Bleu can you be more specific as to exactly how points off wins and losses would be reorganized so as to discourage sniping? What you're saying sounds good but it's rather vague.

I can think of certain ways to make rankings reflect battler strength rather than amount of wins, but incorporating ELO into the rankings might be rather complicated, and I don't know if X is up for coding that.
Unread 12-10-2017, 12:01 AM   #50

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3616 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

I actually like @Row's idea of expiring flames. I think it would work great coupled with @Bleu's idea of requiring people to win at least once every two weeks in order to keep their flames.
@ILLoKWENT I'm down to make such trophies if people are actually for it. The majority of people in this thread seem to be against making any changes to titles, however. @Bleu can you be more specific as to exactly how points off wins and losses would be reorganized so as to discourage sniping? What you're saying sounds good but it's rather vague.

I can think of certain ways to make rankings reflect battler strength rather than amount of wins, but incorporating ELO into the rankings might be rather complicated, and I don't know if X is up for coding that.

Display