Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Dredd Tha Lead
Ranked #2 this Season
9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars9.23/10 stars
Crew: Smackdown
Reppin: Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
HOTTEST AUDIO BATTLE

VS
Flow Vanity
Ranked #-- this Season
9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars9.43/10 stars
Crew: None
Reppin:Unknown

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Dredd Tha Lead vs Flow Vanity
Style: Written
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Flow Vanity vs YuckWTF
Style: Written
2 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Platinum Pis... vs Hojjati
Style: Freestyle
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Dredd Tha Lead vs Jatho Sups
Style: Written Blind Drop
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
lil ronin vs Flako Boom
Style: Freestyle
Jville84 vs Dredd Tha Lead
Style: Written Blind Drop

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want this to happen?
Yes - Create and run this! 10 58.82%
No - Not a good idea! 1 5.88%
Reclaim control of the LBT but implement these new rules! 6 35.29%
Other - Will comment my 'Other' vote! 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Unread 12-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Aggo
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULE View Post
Like a leather and gold version of Lizman.
So like a Michael kohrs belt that got dropped in a puddle. Dope!
Unread 12-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #21

Aggo

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Like a leather and gold version of Lizman.
So like a Michael kohrs belt that got dropped in a puddle. Dope!

Unread 12-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Row

Quote:
Or forces better wording. Either way it gives people a slight change to the old style.
Like this
Unread 12-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #22

Row

Quote:
Or forces better wording. Either way it gives people a slight change to the old style.
Like this

Unread 12-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Bleu

Quote:
It's not either or it definitely cripples creativity and originality. Hopefully it does like you're thinking and forces better wording at the same time but I don't see that happening. People don't like being forced to do anything lol :grass:
Unread 12-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #23

Bleu

Quote:
It's not either or it definitely cripples creativity and originality. Hopefully it does like you're thinking and forces better wording at the same time but I don't see that happening. People don't like being forced to do anything lol :grass:

Unread 12-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
105 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Too many loose references and correlations in setups lately...the bar should explain itself. As many people as possible should get what you say the first time around.....if you choose to use topic matter only certain people can relate to, you limit your audience and thats your own fault.

For instance, Dragonball and Pokemon punches aint hard to me no matter what cuz I could care less....kinda the same way some American sports concepts get frowned upon by folks that dont know the players or team....gun bars are like that to some folks too.

Relatability is prolly more important than creativity...either that or theyre 1 and 1a. Shit dont ever hit nearly as hard when you need the expo to get it. Hope this works....I like the idea of it.
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 12-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #24

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
105 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 707 text

Too many loose references and correlations in setups lately...the bar should explain itself. As many people as possible should get what you say the first time around.....if you choose to use topic matter only certain people can relate to, you limit your audience and thats your own fault.

For instance, Dragonball and Pokemon punches aint hard to me no matter what cuz I could care less....kinda the same way some American sports concepts get frowned upon by folks that dont know the players or team....gun bars are like that to some folks too.

Relatability is prolly more important than creativity...either that or theyre 1 and 1a. Shit dont ever hit nearly as hard when you need the expo to get it. Hope this works....I like the idea of it.

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 12-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
I like this minus the no expo rule which I think gives a disadvantage for those that use personals. I dig the new rules other than that if the roster was kept small this could possibly run alongside the LBT? What are your thoughts @RULE I saw you comment about UFC/Bellator so maybe that's what you were getting at? Plus it opens up the door for unification battles which would be dope.
A.) It's been established that off site personals are against the site rules.

B.) Surely, if you're using on site personals, they'd be easily understood by a majorative audience of the site's voters.
Unread 12-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #25

Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
I like this minus the no expo rule which I think gives a disadvantage for those that use personals. I dig the new rules other than that if the roster was kept small this could possibly run alongside the LBT? What are your thoughts @RULE I saw you comment about UFC/Bellator so maybe that's what you were getting at? Plus it opens up the door for unification battles which would be dope.

B.) Surely, if you're using on site personals, they'd be easily understood by a majorative audience of the site's voters.

Unread 12-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Bleu

If you're reading and voting out of a place of bias then yes relatability plays a big part for you. If a bar is well done it's well done no matter if the reference relates to you or not. It's lame to discourage people from stepping out of the box just so some shit doesn't have to be explained because you know nothing about it. When we're voting on battles we're there to judge the shit fairly, not be a fan, at least I hope.
Unread 12-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #26

Bleu

If you're reading and voting out of a place of bias then yes relatability plays a big part for you. If a bar is well done it's well done no matter if the reference relates to you or not. It's lame to discourage people from stepping out of the box just so some shit doesn't have to be explained because you know nothing about it. When we're voting on battles we're there to judge the shit fairly, not be a fan, at least I hope.

Unread 12-03-2017, 08:17 PM
EtH

Is it 2013? RULE replacing actual ideas and productivity with usertitles?

I'll join if you go 32 lines with me on the first card.
Unread 12-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #27

EtH

Is it 2013? RULE replacing actual ideas and productivity with usertitles?

I'll join if you go 32 lines with me on the first card.

Unread 12-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Ranked Text Record
105 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Bias comes into things whether we like it or not....How many votes are 'leaning this way because of personal preference' or 'this one entertained me more'? People are entertained by different things based on their personal preferences.

Two equally well written punches....one you get instantly and it melts your face. The other one, you find out 10 minutes later was just as well done because you read the expo and get the topic matter....does it melt your face like the first one did now that you get it after the fact?

Remembering RULE
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 12-03-2017, 08:55 PM   #28

Ranked Text Record
105 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 707 text

Bias comes into things whether we like it or not....How many votes are 'leaning this way because of personal preference' or 'this one entertained me more'? People are entertained by different things based on their personal preferences.

Two equally well written punches....one you get instantly and it melts your face. The other one, you find out 10 minutes later was just as well done because you read the expo and get the topic matter....does it melt your face like the first one did now that you get it after the fact?
Unread 12-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Bleu

If you look at battles subjectively/unfairly then sure, bias will come into play. I don't lean towards anyone because I prefer their style or because they're more relatable. More relatable usually means more obvious and more played out too. Which is why so many people are doing the same style and rehashing the same concepts over and over. There's no scenario where I'd find out a line 10 minutes later if it's expo'd
Unread 12-03-2017, 09:41 PM   #29

Bleu

If you look at battles subjectively/unfairly then sure, bias will come into play. I don't lean towards anyone because I prefer their style or because they're more relatable. More relatable usually means more obvious and more played out too. Which is why so many people are doing the same style and rehashing the same concepts over and over. There's no scenario where I'd find out a line 10 minutes later if it's expo'd

Unread 12-04-2017, 01:56 AM
Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post

Nope, there are loads of on-site personals that require links. Take for example EtH's punch about Rain Matrix's photo which he posted in the forums. There's nothing wrong with him linking the photo in the expo and it instantly brings anyone up to scratch that didn't see that.
Unread 12-04-2017, 01:56 AM   #30

Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post

Nope, there are loads of on-site personals that require links. Take for example EtH's punch about Rain Matrix's photo which he posted in the forums. There's nothing wrong with him linking the photo in the expo and it instantly brings anyone up to scratch that didn't see that.