Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11-30-2017, 11:55 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3616 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Voting power should be based on ones ability to assess a battle objectively / accurately as well as their battling prowess as I've said many of times. Yes, some staff don't deserve 4 VP, I've repeated time and time again as well.
I'd have to disagree with some parts of this. How well someone votes has almost nothing to do with their battling prowess. Is how good someone's taste in Hip Hop is based on how well they, personally, can rap? Also, how "objectively" can one assess a battle, when at the end of the day it's all based on personal taste? Who gets to determine who is assessing a battle accurately, and how will they reach that determination? Two people can both understand flow and complexity but prioritize them differently when judging a battle. It doesn't make one wrong or the other right.
The problem we've had in the past is some mods (I'm not saying you, but they held a similar view) pretty much thought that if you didn't agree with them on a battle, you are a shitty voter, and they seemed to justify that based on the fact that other people ranked them as among the best battlers. Before I became a mod, one mod lowered my vp based on one tourney battle because I voted for GrizzEAT and everyone who also voted for Grizz on the same battle also had their vp lowered on the same day.
The best clue as to whether someone is a "good" voter or not is how well they explain their decision, not whether or not they agree with you. By saying that, I'm not saying someone can't be a good voter without a well-written expo either. What I'm saying is someone can be"wrong" because they picked a different winner than you on a battle but their expo can let you know that they just have a different taste or place a different emphasis on certain things rather than them being a shitty voter.
Unread 11-30-2017, 11:55 AM   #51

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text

Quote:
Voting power should be based on ones ability to assess a battle objectively / accurately as well as their battling prowess as I've said many of times. Yes, some staff don't deserve 4 VP, I've repeated time and time again as well.
I'd have to disagree with some parts of this. How well someone votes has almost nothing to do with their battling prowess. Is how good someone's taste in Hip Hop is based on how well they, personally, can rap? Also, how "objectively" can one assess a battle, when at the end of the day it's all based on personal taste? Who gets to determine who is assessing a battle accurately, and how will they reach that determination? Two people can both understand flow and complexity but prioritize them differently when judging a battle. It doesn't make one wrong or the other right.
The problem we've had in the past is some mods (I'm not saying you, but they held a similar view) pretty much thought that if you didn't agree with them on a battle, you are a shitty voter, and they seemed to justify that based on the fact that other people ranked them as among the best battlers. Before I became a mod, one mod lowered my vp based on one tourney battle because I voted for GrizzEAT and everyone who also voted for Grizz on the same battle also had their vp lowered on the same day.
The best clue as to whether someone is a "good" voter or not is how well they explain their decision, not whether or not they agree with you. By saying that, I'm not saying someone can't be a good voter without a well-written expo either. What I'm saying is someone can be"wrong" because they picked a different winner than you on a battle but their expo can let you know that they just have a different taste or place a different emphasis on certain things rather than them being a shitty voter.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:08 PM
Bleu
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Battling / rapping prowess goes hand in hand with your understanding / knowledge of battling / rapping. The best writers understand writing the most from my experiences whether it be discussion or their voting understandably so. Because they've actually been behind the scenes of putting together all of the layers that can be seen in a good/great verse. There is only so much you can comprehend by not actually experiencing and being able to perform certain actions. Someone who isn't on my level pen wise can't really be on the same plane as me when breaking down the intricacies of a verse. It actually kinda turns into a lesson from me rather than a convo. I also believe not being able to perform certain actions generally doesn't let you understand the effort / skill those things take and may lead some to be dismissive of those aspects.

It's one thing to explain a vote well, it's another thing to be accurate and have insight / knowledge behind your judgement. I could express my opinion very eloquently but that doesn't mean it's still not way off for whatever reason that may be.

Last edited by Bleu; 11-30-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #52

Bleu

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Battling / rapping prowess goes hand in hand with your understanding / knowledge of battling / rapping. The best writers understand writing the most from my experiences whether it be discussion or their voting understandably so. Because they've actually been behind the scenes of putting together all of the layers that can be seen in a good/great verse. There is only so much you can comprehend by not actually experiencing and being able to perform certain actions. Someone who isn't on my level pen wise can't really be on the same plane as me when breaking down the intricacies of a verse. It actually kinda turns into a lesson from me rather than a convo. I also believe not being able to perform certain actions generally doesn't let you understand the effort / skill those things take and may lead some to be dismissive of those aspects.

It's one thing to explain a vote well, it's another thing to be accurate and have insight / knowledge behind your judgement. I could express my opinion very eloquently but that doesn't mean it's still not way off for whatever reason that may be.

Last edited by Bleu; 11-30-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Unread 11-30-2017, 12:31 PM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Someone can have an understanding/knowledge of battling without actually being a dope battler. It's just like Phil Jackson has probably never been able to beat any of the players he has coached in basketball, but he has enough understanding to be their coach. Some of the referees who make the calls in the NBA are downright out of shape, but they understand the rules of the game better than anyone else, even the players. I've seen people who are considered the best battlers drop votes I would consider shitty, or otherwise disagree with each other as to the winner on the same battle. Even being a "dope battler" itself is not as rigid as some people try to make it out to be. Very few people that are considered dope battlers here can go to another battling site and be considered dope to the same extent, because they have different styles and different things that they consider "dope." Even within LetsBeef, different eras see things differently. Someone that's considered dope today might not have been considered dope 5 years ago, or vice versa. It's not that rigid.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #53

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Someone can have an understanding/knowledge of battling without actually being a dope battler. It's just like Phil Jackson has probably never been able to beat any of the players he has coached in basketball, but he has enough understanding to be their coach. Some of the referees who make the calls in the NBA are downright out of shape, but they understand the rules of the game better than anyone else, even the players. I've seen people who are considered the best battlers drop votes I would consider shitty, or otherwise disagree with each other as to the winner on the same battle. Even being a "dope battler" itself is not as rigid as some people try to make it out to be. Very few people that are considered dope battlers here can go to another battling site and be considered dope to the same extent, because they have different styles and different things that they consider "dope." Even within LetsBeef, different eras see things differently. Someone that's considered dope today might not have been considered dope 5 years ago, or vice versa. It's not that rigid.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:

gotta say I agree with bleu on this one 100%, there are obviously exceptions to every rule however it isn't out of the realm of common sense to assert one with a polished grasp on the medium can develop more of a veteran outlook & be vastly more equipped to break material down. Especially in comparison to someone who only grasps the concepts theyre breaking down at an ameteur level, which is less of a percentage of people these days but still is present. So its not that you /have/ to be a polished writer in order to break something down but if those with higher vp were really representative of the members most equipped to deserve that high VP, I'm willing to bet deleting my account that the list would be almost parallel to the top emcees here with like two exceptions

On the topic of who "deserves" higher vp it should most definitely not be mods simply because "moderator" worthy activity doesnt have to even include consistent or descriptive voting these days. So why give them privileges for voting? I cant tell you how many times I've gotten one sentence or 4 word votes from mods. If a mods single vote can sway the outcome of my battle completely it better be longer than a single fucking sentence lol.

Higher VP should be given to a new group in the same vain as the FVC, a group which mods should also be able to join because there ARE mods who deserve the vp they currently have. This group should vet people via their voting history before joining as well as consistently look at the votes of members in the group to see if they are withholding the high standard. im willing to do all that myself if yall actually wanna run with something like that, because so far the other solutions are pretty messy

Last edited by Babylon; 11-30-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #54

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Quote:

gotta say I agree with bleu on this one 100%, there are obviously exceptions to every rule however it isn't out of the realm of common sense to assert one with a polished grasp on the medium can develop more of a veteran outlook & be vastly more equipped to break material down. Especially in comparison to someone who only grasps the concepts theyre breaking down at an ameteur level, which is less of a percentage of people these days but still is present. So its not that you /have/ to be a polished writer in order to break something down but if those with higher vp were really representative of the members most equipped to deserve that high VP, I'm willing to bet deleting my account that the list would be almost parallel to the top emcees here with like two exceptions

On the topic of who "deserves" higher vp it should most definitely not be mods simply because "moderator" worthy activity doesnt have to even include consistent or descriptive voting these days. So why give them privileges for voting? I cant tell you how many times I've gotten one sentence or 4 word votes from mods. If a mods single vote can sway the outcome of my battle completely it better be longer than a single fucking sentence lol.

Higher VP should be given to a new group in the same vain as the FVC, a group which mods should also be able to join because there ARE mods who deserve the vp they currently have. This group should vet people via their voting history before joining as well as consistently look at the votes of members in the group to see if they are withholding the high standard. im willing to do all that myself if yall actually wanna run with something like that, because so far the other solutions are pretty messy

Last edited by Babylon; 11-30-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Bleu

You can't compare the NBA to battle rapping, it's not the same. Creativity, especially in this form, is much different than basketball. Sure, you can be knowledgeable, but there's no one on LB who can't rap for shit that is more knowledgeable than those who actually have all the skills rap entails. Obviously there are good writers who still aren't good at judging battles. My point is having the mindset of a dope writer sets you up to be able to vote well since you have such an in depth wealth of knowledge / experience, but that'll obviously vary on a case by case basis. The real underlying problem is too many look at things subjectively without perspective or insight as you made obvious when you talked about peoples varying opinions on things.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:59 PM   #55

Bleu

You can't compare the NBA to battle rapping, it's not the same. Creativity, especially in this form, is much different than basketball. Sure, you can be knowledgeable, but there's no one on LB who can't rap for shit that is more knowledgeable than those who actually have all the skills rap entails. Obviously there are good writers who still aren't good at judging battles. My point is having the mindset of a dope writer sets you up to be able to vote well since you have such an in depth wealth of knowledge / experience, but that'll obviously vary on a case by case basis. The real underlying problem is too many look at things subjectively without perspective or insight as you made obvious when you talked about peoples varying opinions on things.

Unread 11-30-2017, 01:09 PM
Bape
Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.57/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 23 Lost

Give DOG PAC voting power
Unread 11-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #56

Bape
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.86/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.57/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 23 Lost

Voted: 161 audio / 634 text
Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Give DOG PAC voting power
Unread 11-30-2017, 01:09 PM
Bleu

I'm starting to think this concept is kinda too hardcore. Majority of people don't want to write long ass breakdowns and don't really care about looking at shit fairly with an even perspective. If shit were to be ran ideally there would have to be so much more organization and community in place and with the way things are now.. I doubt that'll come to fruition any time soon.
Unread 11-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #57

Bleu

I'm starting to think this concept is kinda too hardcore. Majority of people don't want to write long ass breakdowns and don't really care about looking at shit fairly with an even perspective. If shit were to be ran ideally there would have to be so much more organization and community in place and with the way things are now.. I doubt that'll come to fruition any time soon.

Unread 11-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Airborne Esco
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.8/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
107 Won / 12 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Dubai View Post
Everyone’s voting power should be the same. Even the mods. Everyone should have 2VP and terrible voters should have 0. No one should have 1, no one should have 4. Just because someone’s a mod doesn’t mean they’re a top level voter.
That's how I feel. I have a few
Losses in which I got 1 or 2 more votes but since battles get slept on if an opponent gets one mod vote or vote w someone who has more vp its auto win for opponent. I never understood that. I think VP should maximize at 2. My only thing with voters on this site is they don't umder stand that battle rap has different battle styles. Not everyone has a consistent multi after multi or wordplay after wordplay. Some battlers are strictly punches and strictly metaphors or combine a little of all. A vote should be based on who had the best overall round not who lacked mutlies &etc:

Last edited by Airborne Esco; 11-30-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Unread 11-30-2017, 01:30 PM   #58

Airborne Esco
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.69/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.8/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
107 Won / 12 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 24 audio / 199 text
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Dubai View Post
Everyone’s voting power should be the same. Even the mods. Everyone should have 2VP and terrible voters should have 0. No one should have 1, no one should have 4. Just because someone’s a mod doesn’t mean they’re a top level voter.
That's how I feel. I have a few
Losses in which I got 1 or 2 more votes but since battles get slept on if an opponent gets one mod vote or vote w someone who has more vp its auto win for opponent. I never understood that. I think VP should maximize at 2. My only thing with voters on this site is they don't umder stand that battle rap has different battle styles. Not everyone has a consistent multi after multi or wordplay after wordplay. Some battlers are strictly punches and strictly metaphors or combine a little of all. A vote should be based on who had the best overall round not who lacked mutlies &etc:

Last edited by Airborne Esco; 11-30-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Unread 11-30-2017, 01:40 PM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

It's like I'm saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and you're saying, "no, beauty is in the eye of he who really understands art." You're right that the NBA isn't exactly like battle rap. The NBA is a lot more rigid in the sense that, for example, LeBron James being a great basketball player is less dependent on our taste than Dizaster being a great battle rapper is. Whether you like his style of play or not, LeBron scores and dominates and you can't argue with stats. With battle rap, on the other hand, it's based almost entirely on opinion and taste. If multi-syllables and aggression are your thing, then Dizaster is probably one of the dopest ever, but if you're more into other aspects, then you might rate someone else higher than Diz. People don't win battles just because they are good. They win battles off the opinion of others. If they are subjected to a different crowd or a different era, they might lose. Someone can win in KOTD and lose horribly on SMACK against the same opponent with the same verses. The beholders, collectively, are who determine who's a dope battler or not, not the battler's actual skills set. I'd agree that being a dope writer and having that mindset often sets you up to have a more organized way of assessing the verses of other, but I disagree that it means you have better taste.
Unread 11-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #59

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

It's like I'm saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and you're saying, "no, beauty is in the eye of he who really understands art." You're right that the NBA isn't exactly like battle rap. The NBA is a lot more rigid in the sense that, for example, LeBron James being a great basketball player is less dependent on our taste than Dizaster being a great battle rapper is. Whether you like his style of play or not, LeBron scores and dominates and you can't argue with stats. With battle rap, on the other hand, it's based almost entirely on opinion and taste. If multi-syllables and aggression are your thing, then Dizaster is probably one of the dopest ever, but if you're more into other aspects, then you might rate someone else higher than Diz. People don't win battles just because they are good. They win battles off the opinion of others. If they are subjected to a different crowd or a different era, they might lose. Someone can win in KOTD and lose horribly on SMACK against the same opponent with the same verses. The beholders, collectively, are who determine who's a dope battler or not, not the battler's actual skills set. I'd agree that being a dope writer and having that mindset often sets you up to have a more organized way of assessing the verses of other, but I disagree that it means you have better taste.
Unread 11-30-2017, 01:50 PM
MaCc Da G0D
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 17 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.53/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1194 Won / 394 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

...NEWSFLASH.

.......if You Haven't Dropped at Least 5 Votes On Battles This Week SHUT THE MOTHERFUCK UP AND GET THE HELL OFF OF THIS THREAD!

Its Like The Dickheads with The Most 'Glorified' Responses Are the Ones Who Only Vote On Tourney Battles. #SuccADiccAndDie

*Drops The Mic Like Verizon Wireless*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
respect Macc's hustle...it's better than most of ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavEtH View Post
I want you to be fully aware that when I leave this crew tomorrow, it's Only because you "shamed me out of it" but I'm Still Cool Cuz I'm Eth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
lol i like the idea

@Subreal hold this L for being an overall lame
Unread 11-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #60

MaCc Da G0D
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.38/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.53/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1194 Won / 394 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 63 audio / 4615 text
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 17 Thread(s)

...NEWSFLASH.

.......if You Haven't Dropped at Least 5 Votes On Battles This Week SHUT THE MOTHERFUCK UP AND GET THE HELL OFF OF THIS THREAD!

Its Like The Dickheads with The Most 'Glorified' Responses Are the Ones Who Only Vote On Tourney Battles. #SuccADiccAndDie

*Drops The Mic Like Verizon Wireless*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
respect Macc's hustle...it's better than most of ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavEtH View Post
I want you to be fully aware that when I leave this crew tomorrow, it's Only because you "shamed me out of it" but I'm Still Cool Cuz I'm Eth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
lol i like the idea

@Subreal hold this L for being an overall lame

Tags
succadiccanddie

Display