Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03-28-2017, 10:07 AM
Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost
Default Elo Ranking System + Matchmaking

This has come up before, and I'm sure a lot of you gamers and chess players already know what this Elo system is, but I think this would be a dope addition to LB as its one of the only ways to have an actual skill based ranking system

For those of you that don't know what the Elo ranking system is, it's a ranking system where you get placed in a tier, and the criteria for earning that tier is winning/losing.

The tiers are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond for example.

Everyone starts with a blank rank, & each person does 10 qualifying battles that'll place them in a tier.

If you win 1 out of 10 battles you're placed in Bronze
If you win 3 out of 10 battles you're placed in Silver
If you win 5 out of 10 battles you're placed in Gold (since it's the middle)
If you win 7 out of 10 battles you're placed in Platinum
If you win 9 out of 10 battles you're placed in Diamond

And you can add tiers higher than Diamond. If you win 10/10 your rank is 'Elite' or something

So now you're thinking "What if a scrub battles nothing but scrubs, wins 10/10 battles and gets the highest rank?" Well that's where matchmaking comes into play. I was wondering how LB could incorporate this, then I realized we've done blind battles on here which is pretty much matchmaking done manually. Matchmaking makes it so your 10 opponents are random, and it'll match you based on your skill once everyone qualifies

So let's say everyone qualifies and the breakdown is this

LB has:

3 Bronze battler
5 Silver battlers
10 Gold battlers
6 Platinum battlers
3 Diamond battlers

If you're a Platinum battler and you use the matchmaking system, it'll only put you against other Platinum battlers. If there aren't any active platinum battlers it'll place you against Diamond or Gold battlers, but never Bronze or Silver since the skill gap is too wide. I'm sure you can code an if/then/else statement so that you're not matched against inactive battlers

ie; If ___username___ hasn't battled in ____days_____ then bla
ie; If ___username___ HAS battled in ___days___ then "We've found a possible match"

also you lose your rank if you keep losing battles, and your rank goes up if you keep winning. So someone that qualified in the Platinum tier can ascend to the Diamond tier if they win a few battles. But if they constantly lose, they'll go down to Gold.

@X what you think about this? @Nicholas @Rant

Last edited by Mindless; 03-28-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: I fixed your mention for X. For him you have to use the format {mention=4}X{/mention} only with regular brackets instead
Unread 03-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #1

Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 111 audio / 86 text
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)

Default Elo Ranking System + Matchmaking

This has come up before, and I'm sure a lot of you gamers and chess players already know what this Elo system is, but I think this would be a dope addition to LB as its one of the only ways to have an actual skill based ranking system

For those of you that don't know what the Elo ranking system is, it's a ranking system where you get placed in a tier, and the criteria for earning that tier is winning/losing.

The tiers are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond for example.

Everyone starts with a blank rank, & each person does 10 qualifying battles that'll place them in a tier.

If you win 1 out of 10 battles you're placed in Bronze
If you win 3 out of 10 battles you're placed in Silver
If you win 5 out of 10 battles you're placed in Gold (since it's the middle)
If you win 7 out of 10 battles you're placed in Platinum
If you win 9 out of 10 battles you're placed in Diamond

And you can add tiers higher than Diamond. If you win 10/10 your rank is 'Elite' or something

So now you're thinking "What if a scrub battles nothing but scrubs, wins 10/10 battles and gets the highest rank?" Well that's where matchmaking comes into play. I was wondering how LB could incorporate this, then I realized we've done blind battles on here which is pretty much matchmaking done manually. Matchmaking makes it so your 10 opponents are random, and it'll match you based on your skill once everyone qualifies

So let's say everyone qualifies and the breakdown is this

LB has:

3 Bronze battler
5 Silver battlers
10 Gold battlers
6 Platinum battlers
3 Diamond battlers

If you're a Platinum battler and you use the matchmaking system, it'll only put you against other Platinum battlers. If there aren't any active platinum battlers it'll place you against Diamond or Gold battlers, but never Bronze or Silver since the skill gap is too wide. I'm sure you can code an if/then/else statement so that you're not matched against inactive battlers

ie; If ___username___ hasn't battled in ____days_____ then bla
ie; If ___username___ HAS battled in ___days___ then "We've found a possible match"

also you lose your rank if you keep losing battles, and your rank goes up if you keep winning. So someone that qualified in the Platinum tier can ascend to the Diamond tier if they win a few battles. But if they constantly lose, they'll go down to Gold.

@X what you think about this? @Nicholas @Rant

Last edited by Mindless; 03-28-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: I fixed your mention for X. For him you have to use the format {mention=4}X{/mention} only with regular brackets instead
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2017, 11:24 AM
J u s T C J u s T C is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1535 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Pointless because you don't have the userbase to pull it off plus this isn't a game where raw mechanical skill, knowledge on the latest metas from balance patches and partying up vs solos take president over knowing who you're VSing. Theres a reason people here prefer to pre arrange battles\have 3 days notice from tourneys ect. Plus most people prefer to pick their opponents spontainiously to get themselves motivated rather than have ELO RNG dictate they face *insert name* For the tenth time this week because the site doesn't have the numbers to support an ELO MM.
Which ever way you want to slice it, it wont work.

I'm part German myself.

Fuck off, I got work to do.
Unread 03-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #2

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 46 audio / 30 text

Pointless because you don't have the userbase to pull it off plus this isn't a game where raw mechanical skill, knowledge on the latest metas from balance patches and partying up vs solos take president over knowing who you're VSing. Theres a reason people here prefer to pre arrange battles\have 3 days notice from tourneys ect. Plus most people prefer to pick their opponents spontainiously to get themselves motivated rather than have ELO RNG dictate they face *insert name* For the tenth time this week because the site doesn't have the numbers to support an ELO MM.

I'm part German myself.

Unread 03-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Mindless Mindless is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Administrator
Hall Of Fame Staff
HEBREW BANHAMMER
Mentioned: 713 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 6 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianapolis Jones View Post
I've actually been working on a system off and on in my spare time writing pseudo code to try and figure out a good way to do the ranking system and I think it addresses this problem.

My method involves assigning a points to users that they gain or lose according to whether they win or lose. How many points the winner takes from the loser ranges on factors from the difference in estimated skill level, current rank and w/l record. Basically it works by having a range of 0-N where N is the cap of the maximum amount of points that can be taken. A user facing another with a much lower skill level than them would gain nothing from the win but an increase in w/l. Basically it would nerf someone like @Bnas from doing his goofy shit and being able to crack the top 100 because at a certain point you gain nothing from battling people that much lower than you. Also, the more you do it the faster it nets you nothing because your w/l goes up. I'll post it below but it's unfinished and a mess at this point.

Keep in mind this is pseudocode (Written with p5.JavaScript syntax for the most part):

Code:
var maxEstimatedSkill = 10;
var ELOPoints = NumberOfRegisteredUsers;
var MaxEloChange = 32;
//W-L expressed as decimal
var winLoss = 0;
//I'm not sure how exactly to express a mathematical formula for determining exactly how to remove the number of points taken
var pointSubtraction;

var User1 = {
//All numbers in here are random. I didn't feel like writing some actual code in
//a spreadsheet to distribute the ELO points amongst the current user count
//(139,421) randomly and then sorting it. This should do well enough to express what
//I'm getting at.
    currentRank: 35,
    EstimatedSkill: 7,
    CurrentEloPoints: 15000,
    winLoss = 75.3
}

var User2 = {
    currentRank: 1000,
    CurrentEloPoints: 1200,
    winLoss = 25.2
}

function Battle() {

Predict = {
    User1PredictionScore = user1.CurrentEloPoints + (user1.currentRank + user1.EstimatedSkill + user1.winLoss);
    User2PredictionScore = user2.CurrentEloPoints + (user2.currentRank + user2.EstimatedSkill + user2.winLoss);
      if (User1PredictionScore > User2PredictionScore) prediction = User1 wins;
      if (User2PredictionScore > User1PredictionScore) prediction = User2 wins;
      if (User1PredictionScore == User2PredictionScore) prediction = CoinFlip; //do nothing
    }

DetermineWinner = {
    if (user1VoteTally > greater than user2VoteTally) {
    user1 wins} else { 
    user2 wins
     }
    }

Winner = Result

DetermineRankChange = {
    if Winner was predicted {
    ELOAdded = MaxEloChange - (pointSubtraction)
    }
    if Winner was not predicted {
    ELOAdded = UnderDogWin
    UnderDogWin() {
    //Determine the amount of points added to the winner based on the amount of difference between the two.
    //Probably by using the PredictionScore.
        }    
    }
    }
}
Unread 03-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #3

Administrator
Hall Of Fame Staff
HEBREW BANHAMMER
Estimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 6 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 95 audio / 718 text

Quote:
I've actually been working on a system off and on in my spare time writing pseudo code to try and figure out a good way to do the ranking system and I think it addresses this problem.

My method involves assigning a points to users that they gain or lose according to whether they win or lose. How many points the winner takes from the loser ranges on factors from the difference in estimated skill level, current rank and w/l record. Basically it works by having a range of 0-N where N is the cap of the maximum amount of points that can be taken. A user facing another with a much lower skill level than them would gain nothing from the win but an increase in w/l. Basically it would nerf someone like @Bnas from doing his goofy shit and being able to crack the top 100 because at a certain point you gain nothing from battling people that much lower than you. Also, the more you do it the faster it nets you nothing because your w/l goes up. I'll post it below but it's unfinished and a mess at this point.

Keep in mind this is pseudocode (Written with p5.JavaScript syntax for the most part):

Code:
var MaxEloChange = 32;
var winLoss = 0;
//I'm not sure how exactly to express a mathematical formula for determining exactly how to remove the number of points taken
var pointSubtraction;

var User1 = {
//All numbers in here are random. I didn't feel like writing some actual code in
//(139,421) randomly and then sorting it. This should do well enough to express what
//I'm getting at.
    winLoss = 75.3
}

var User2 = {
    winLoss = 25.2
}

function Battle() {

Predict = {
    User1PredictionScore = user1.CurrentEloPoints + (user1.currentRank + user1.EstimatedSkill + user1.winLoss);
    User2PredictionScore = user2.CurrentEloPoints + (user2.currentRank + user2.EstimatedSkill + user2.winLoss);
      if (User1PredictionScore == User2PredictionScore) prediction = CoinFlip; //do nothing
    }

DetermineWinner = {
    user1 wins} else { 
    user2 wins
     }
    }

Winner = Result

DetermineRankChange = {
    }
    ELOAdded = UnderDogWin
    UnderDogWin() {
    //Determine the amount of points added to the winner based on the amount of difference between the two.
        }    
    }
    }
}
Unread 03-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post

Code:
var MaxEloChange = 32;
var winLoss = 0;
var pointSubtraction;

var User1 = {
//I'm getting at.
    winLoss = 75.3
}

var User2 = {
    winLoss = 25.2
}

function Battle() {

Predict = {
    }

DetermineWinner = {
    user1 wins} else { 
    user2 wins
     }
    }

Winner = Result

DetermineRankChange = {
    }
    ELOAdded = UnderDogWin
    UnderDogWin() {
        }    
    }
    }
}
Is this with an automated MM system or pick your battles in mind?

I'm part German myself.

Unread 03-28-2017, 12:09 PM   #4

Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post

Code:
var MaxEloChange = 32;
var winLoss = 0;
var pointSubtraction;

var User1 = {
//I'm getting at.
    winLoss = 75.3
}

var User2 = {
    winLoss = 25.2
}

function Battle() {

Predict = {
    }

DetermineWinner = {
    user1 wins} else { 
    user2 wins
     }
    }

Winner = Result

DetermineRankChange = {
    }
    ELOAdded = UnderDogWin
    UnderDogWin() {
        }    
    }
    }
}
Unread 03-28-2017, 01:07 PM
ILLoKWENT ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 2696 Post(s)
Tagged: 58 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
168 Won / 28 Lost

lmao.. goldmic already had a ratings system in place years ago, ive been bringing that idea up for a long time.. for each profile, a person is given a +/- followed by a designated points, corresponding to how strong the opponent ia based on opponents, and rank.. so a strong battler will see a weak battlers points as +5/-35 meaning if he keeps battling scrubs, hell only gain 5 points toward his rating, but if he loses ,he could lose 35... if a strong battler faces one thats his level, hed see +15/-15.. etc.etc. this will encourage battlers to challenge stronger opponents to move up quicker..dunno how the point system is now, but at least with this in place, you can visually see what points youd gain, or lost against certain opponents

Last edited by ILLoKWENT; 03-28-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Unread 03-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #5

ILLoKWENT ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
168 Won / 28 Lost

Voted: 82 audio / 1286 text
Mentioned: 2696 Post(s)
Tagged: 58 Thread(s)

lmao.. goldmic already had a ratings system in place years ago, ive been bringing that idea up for a long time.. for each profile, a person is given a +/- followed by a designated points, corresponding to how strong the opponent ia based on opponents, and rank.. so a strong battler will see a weak battlers points as +5/-35 meaning if he keeps battling scrubs, hell only gain 5 points toward his rating, but if he loses ,he could lose 35... if a strong battler faces one thats his level, hed see +15/-15.. etc.etc. this will encourage battlers to challenge stronger opponents to move up quicker..dunno how the point system is now, but at least with this in place, you can visually see what points youd gain, or lost against certain opponents

Last edited by ILLoKWENT; 03-28-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Unread 03-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Nicholas
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLoKWENT View Post
This sounds better than the original suggestion. I don't like the idea of forced match-ups and I don't think suggested match-ups would even be acknowledged. The problem is, what do you guys do now? Delete all previous points? That seems unfair.
Unread 03-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #6

Nicholas

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
This sounds better than the original suggestion. I don't like the idea of forced match-ups and I don't think suggested match-ups would even be acknowledged. The problem is, what do you guys do now? Delete all previous points? That seems unfair.

Unread 03-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Rant

I love the idea of an ELO style rating system.
Unread 03-28-2017, 01:49 PM   #7

Rant

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

I love the idea of an ELO style rating system.

Unread 03-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Administrator
Hall Of Fame Staff
HEBREW BANHAMMER
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 6 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
You would pick your own battles. It's kind of based on the way that RPG stats are gained in that you can only level up by facing opponents with stats that are equal to or higher than your own. Basically we're applying the law of diminishing returns to battling. The difference is that someone low ranked doesn't risk as much facing someone much higher than them.

Quote:
I kind of like this but I think that's too much information to give. IMO, the only information anyone should have on anyone is their current rank, w/l and ESL. If you give people too much insight into the system they figure out a way to game it and use it in ways it wasn't intended. Also, what would a weak battler see on the page of a strong battler? What's the cap on point loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
Freeze the current rankings and put them somewhere and say "This is our old ranking system". Then you restart everyone at zero.

Also, forced match-ups is lame unless it's voluntary. What I mean by that is, for the general system it's bad. If it were it's own system it could be fun though. I don't see it ever happening though.
Unread 03-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #8

Administrator
Hall Of Fame Staff
HEBREW BANHAMMER
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 6 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 95 audio / 718 text

Quote:
You would pick your own battles. It's kind of based on the way that RPG stats are gained in that you can only level up by facing opponents with stats that are equal to or higher than your own. Basically we're applying the law of diminishing returns to battling. The difference is that someone low ranked doesn't risk as much facing someone much higher than them.

Quote:
I kind of like this but I think that's too much information to give. IMO, the only information anyone should have on anyone is their current rank, w/l and ESL. If you give people too much insight into the system they figure out a way to game it and use it in ways it wasn't intended. Also, what would a weak battler see on the page of a strong battler? What's the cap on point loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
Freeze the current rankings and put them somewhere and say "This is our old ranking system". Then you restart everyone at zero.

Also, forced match-ups is lame unless it's voluntary. What I mean by that is, for the general system it's bad. If it were it's own system it could be fun though. I don't see it ever happening though.
Unread 03-28-2017, 03:08 PM
Student
LB Historian
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

I mean...it's points based on votes based on VP which is better then just straight wins.

It's why @UNKNOWN ARTIST w/ 282 wins & 5 losses is #24 of all time (combined: 4687 points, 287 battles) vs. @The Real Deal w/ 470 wins & 309 losses is #68 of all time (combined 3475 points, 779 battles).

With a difference of 1,212 points and 492 battles you can clearly see why battling shitty opponents doesn't mean you're better.

I'm not sure what my point was but basically it's working as well as it could be.

Side note: If you guys are collectively tired of Bnas being #1 of all time you can battle him, spit the tooley hard and lower his points and with enough big battles (lots of voters) he could eventually has less points then Mayneak and get bumped down. Of course this only works if he stopped battling or battles less scrubs and more high caliber opponents.
Unread 03-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #9

Student
LB Historian
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)

I mean...it's points based on votes based on VP which is better then just straight wins.

It's why @UNKNOWN ARTIST w/ 282 wins & 5 losses is #24 of all time (combined: 4687 points, 287 battles) vs. @The Real Deal w/ 470 wins & 309 losses is #68 of all time (combined 3475 points, 779 battles).

With a difference of 1,212 points and 492 battles you can clearly see why battling shitty opponents doesn't mean you're better.

I'm not sure what my point was but basically it's working as well as it could be.

Side note: If you guys are collectively tired of Bnas being #1 of all time you can battle him, spit the tooley hard and lower his points and with enough big battles (lots of voters) he could eventually has less points then Mayneak and get bumped down. Of course this only works if he stopped battling or battles less scrubs and more high caliber opponents.
Unread 03-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Or we could just do what we shoulda done the thousandth time we perma banned him.... Perma ban him. And erase his account for good measure. Just fking do it and stick to it ffs. He's owed no right/goodwill.

I'm part German myself.

Unread 03-28-2017, 03:36 PM   #10

Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Or we could just do what we shoulda done the thousandth time we perma banned him.... Perma ban him. And erase his account for good measure. Just fking do it and stick to it ffs. He's owed no right/goodwill.

Display