Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06-04-2019, 05:28 PM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

@HVK boro and i talked it through, it was just a misunderstanding, i wasn't trying to rip on him at all, but i did piss him off by highlighting his battle, i could see how some people might suggest i was saying he had no bars in the battle, but that's not what i had intended. all's good.
Unread 06-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #71

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

@HVK boro and i talked it through, it was just a misunderstanding, i wasn't trying to rip on him at all, but i did piss him off by highlighting his battle, i could see how some people might suggest i was saying he had no bars in the battle, but that's not what i had intended. all's good.

Unread 06-04-2019, 05:29 PM
joan of arc

also, fuck you eth. you're a clown. it takes more talent to perform? half of the people on this planet or born with swagger ot naturally good voices. the rest of us who have passion for that field have to practice every day and improve in small increments.
Unread 06-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #72

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

also, fuck you eth. you're a clown. it takes more talent to perform? half of the people on this planet or born with swagger ot naturally good voices. the rest of us who have passion for that field have to practice every day and improve in small increments.

Unread 06-04-2019, 06:24 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
My point was more like this.

If i take some people on LB and tell them to write whatever 10 lines of something that flows well when spit out loud. With no bar set for the quality of lines, they don’t even have to make sense or be punches. Most would come back with something that rhymes well. Everyone can rhyme words here. Especially with no requisite level of quality within what you’re actually saying in your bars.

Same exercise but I ask them to write 10 haymakers, most are coming back with trash/can’t do it. It takes a lot of creativity and knowledge to write a haymaker punch. You can’t rhymezone your way into a great punch. You can’t word association your way into a great punch. Gotta have it.

Again, I was just saying in that case where it’s one or the other, as HVK proposed. If it’s a battle where it’s atleast somewhat close in bars but the one guy blows it out of the water with delivery then he wins, obviously.
But what you're asking isn't what HVK was asking.

I usuall get told my style would be very suited towards live battling. My focus on making the bars clear, going for comedy and not leaning on expos is the main reasons why.

However I couldn't live battle. I just simple don't sound good. Accent aside I don't have a natural voice for rapping and don't have a natural delivery.

I will never beat M Rock or Allboro in an audio battle. No matter the mic quality. No matter if I could beat them in text battles or not. It'd never happen. I don't have the sound or delivery. Someone like M Rock could 100-0 me using Dafeet bars because his delivery of them would sound dope.

I know everyone likes to pretend writing is this artistic science but typically we all just vote for the verse we enjoyed best.

You know how a battle can get a bunch of votes yet only one or two point out a broken multi? Its cause the rest didnt see it. When they read it out it still flowed. If you enjoy something, youre not picking out small technical flaws.

Same in audio. If one guy sounds slick, great flow, solid sounding rhymes and the other guy was let's say me.... you're not voting for me.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by g u t s View Post
I can go to singing lessons every day for the rest of my life. Still can't sing. It doesn't mean those who can don't have to practice every day to improve in small increments, it means that some people just aren't cut out for it.

Sure, people can develop a sick delivery for an audio battle. Build up their flow and become really great. But that wasn't the topic at hand. Someone who sounds really bad (like myself) isn't beating someone who sounds really good.
Unread 06-04-2019, 06:24 PM   #73

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
My point was more like this.

If i take some people on LB and tell them to write whatever 10 lines of something that flows well when spit out loud. With no bar set for the quality of lines, they don’t even have to make sense or be punches. Most would come back with something that rhymes well. Everyone can rhyme words here. Especially with no requisite level of quality within what you’re actually saying in your bars.

Same exercise but I ask them to write 10 haymakers, most are coming back with trash/can’t do it. It takes a lot of creativity and knowledge to write a haymaker punch. You can’t rhymezone your way into a great punch. You can’t word association your way into a great punch. Gotta have it.

Again, I was just saying in that case where it’s one or the other, as HVK proposed. If it’s a battle where it’s atleast somewhat close in bars but the one guy blows it out of the water with delivery then he wins, obviously.

I usuall get told my style would be very suited towards live battling. My focus on making the bars clear, going for comedy and not leaning on expos is the main reasons why.

However I couldn't live battle. I just simple don't sound good. Accent aside I don't have a natural voice for rapping and don't have a natural delivery.

I will never beat M Rock or Allboro in an audio battle. No matter the mic quality. No matter if I could beat them in text battles or not. It'd never happen. I don't have the sound or delivery. Someone like M Rock could 100-0 me using Dafeet bars because his delivery of them would sound dope.

I know everyone likes to pretend writing is this artistic science but typically we all just vote for the verse we enjoyed best.

You know how a battle can get a bunch of votes yet only one or two point out a broken multi? Its cause the rest didnt see it. When they read it out it still flowed. If you enjoy something, youre not picking out small technical flaws.

Same in audio. If one guy sounds slick, great flow, solid sounding rhymes and the other guy was let's say me.... you're not voting for me.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote:
I can go to singing lessons every day for the rest of my life. Still can't sing. It doesn't mean those who can don't have to practice every day to improve in small increments, it means that some people just aren't cut out for it.

Sure, people can develop a sick delivery for an audio battle. Build up their flow and become really great. But that wasn't the topic at hand. Someone who sounds really bad (like myself) isn't beating someone who sounds really good.
Unread 06-04-2019, 06:35 PM
HVK HVK is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 730 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac-5 View Post

ONE OF YOUR BETTER POSTS THIS YEAR DUDE...... IM ACTUALLY IN AGREEMENT WITH ALOT OF WHAT YOU SAID.

OUT OF INTEREST, TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE HAS THERE EVER BEEN A SCOTTISH RAPPER WHO CAME CLOSE TO MAKIN IT IN RAP? BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT SOME ACCENTS PPL HAVE REALLY HURT THEIR ABILITY TO FLOW, IM NOT DISSIN THA SCOTTISH ACCENT BUT IT IS A GOOD EXAMPLE.

I REMEMBER @UNKNOWN ARTIST MADE HIS YOUWISH ACCOUNT AN HE WAS SCOTTISH BUT PUT ON AN AMERICAN ACCENT TO FLY UNDER THA RADAR, AN HE ACTUALLY SOUNDED PRETTY GOOD, BUT HE MUST OF TRIED IT IN HIS OWN ACCENT FIRST AN NOT LIKED WHAT HE HEARD.
Unread 06-04-2019, 06:35 PM   #74

Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 139 audio / 3320 text

Quote:

ONE OF YOUR BETTER POSTS THIS YEAR DUDE...... IM ACTUALLY IN AGREEMENT WITH ALOT OF WHAT YOU SAID.

OUT OF INTEREST, TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE HAS THERE EVER BEEN A SCOTTISH RAPPER WHO CAME CLOSE TO MAKIN IT IN RAP? BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT SOME ACCENTS PPL HAVE REALLY HURT THEIR ABILITY TO FLOW, IM NOT DISSIN THA SCOTTISH ACCENT BUT IT IS A GOOD EXAMPLE.

I REMEMBER @UNKNOWN ARTIST MADE HIS YOUWISH ACCOUNT AN HE WAS SCOTTISH BUT PUT ON AN AMERICAN ACCENT TO FLY UNDER THA RADAR, AN HE ACTUALLY SOUNDED PRETTY GOOD, BUT HE MUST OF TRIED IT IN HIS OWN ACCENT FIRST AN NOT LIKED WHAT HE HEARD.
Unread 06-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Quote:
GLAD TO HEAR YOU TALKED SHIT OUT WIT HIM AN GOT SORTED...... THAT SHIT COULD HAVE REALLY ESCALATED LOL.
Unread 06-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #75

Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 139 audio / 3320 text

Quote:
GLAD TO HEAR YOU TALKED SHIT OUT WIT HIM AN GOT SORTED...... THAT SHIT COULD HAVE REALLY ESCALATED LOL.
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:07 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Silly Bill N Brainz opened for D12 and were lads from Dundee but it took a lifetime of pretending they were from detroit first haha
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:07 PM   #76

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Silly Bill N Brainz opened for D12 and were lads from Dundee but it took a lifetime of pretending they were from detroit first haha
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:10 PM
ALL-BORO ALL-BORO is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
234 Won / 26 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
17 Won / 18 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVK View Post
Yes @HVK we spoke on it and Guts was and is a stand up guy about it clear misunderstanding
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:10 PM   #77

Hall Of Famer
Grand Champion
Live Battler
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.72/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
234 Won / 26 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.72/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
17 Won / 18 Lost

Voted: 763 audio / 232 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVK View Post
Yes @HVK we spoke on it and Guts was and is a stand up guy about it clear misunderstanding
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:16 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Letstalkaboutthingsandcometoareasonableunderstandi ng.com
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #78

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Unread 06-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Ranked Audio Record
234 Won / 26 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Ranked Text Record
17 Won / 18 Lost

Quote:
Lmao @Eth
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #79

Hall Of Famer
Grand Champion
Live Battler
Ranked Audio Record
234 Won / 26 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Ranked Text Record
17 Won / 18 Lost

Voted: 763 audio / 232 text

Quote:
Lmao @Eth
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:26 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
This made me laugh way too hard
Unread 06-04-2019, 08:26 PM   #80

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)

Quote:
This made me laugh way too hard

Display