Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Unread 12-22-2018, 06:54 PM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default THE OFFICIAL CREDIT RESET VOTE

BEFORE YOU VOTE

i highly recommend reading through this thread and seeing what people have to say. i also encourage everybody to leave their thoughts. if you're against it, give us an expo. visa-versa.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDITS:
it's something a lot of people have brought up so i'll edit it in now. the credits won't reset to nothing. they will be reset to 10-20.

for context i will quote a lot from my WE NEED TO UNITE thread

in this thread, shodan suggested to make this site more active we needed to introduce credit resets. @ shodan. here is the official quote.

"I think the best reasonable solution for increasing site-wide activity is to reset everyone's credits at the beginning of each month.

I have 189 credits stockpiled. At 3 credits a battle, I could do 63 battles on this account before needing to vote to do more."

after a lot of people agreed with this @NOBLE responded. here is his quote.

"Resetting credits has been discussed before, and like someone said, many people voted against it. That doesn't preclude us from having the conversation again and seeing if there is a consensus for it to happen."

so we're going to officially put this out for a vote.

HOW IT WOULD WORK (POTENTIALLY)

the emcee shop prices would reduce to be realistic with the time line, but essentially, every month your credits will reset.

why?

we want to encourage people to vote more frequently on battles. we want people rate tracks and cyphers. we want to bring back the audio battles, and a good way to do that is people knowing that if they do an audio battle, it's going to get enough votes. many old cats have mounds of credits and never half to vote. ever. the goal is to encourage people to be more active.

COMPENSATION

now i know it's not fair for you to lose all these credits and be left empty handed. i think the first step is that there will be a month long transition, to make people aware of the changes, this way they can spend their credits. the next step is to possibly reward people (based on how many credits they had) with an exclusive emcee item and/or a medal that pertains to how many credits they had before the reset. a sort of bragging rights to those who accumulated massive credits.

Last edited by joan of arc; 12-23-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Unread 12-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #1

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default THE OFFICIAL CREDIT RESET VOTE

BEFORE YOU VOTE

i highly recommend reading through this thread and seeing what people have to say. i also encourage everybody to leave their thoughts. if you're against it, give us an expo. visa-versa.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDITS:
it's something a lot of people have brought up so i'll edit it in now. the credits won't reset to nothing. they will be reset to 10-20.

for context i will quote a lot from my WE NEED TO UNITE thread

in this thread, shodan suggested to make this site more active we needed to introduce credit resets. @ shodan. here is the official quote.

"I think the best reasonable solution for increasing site-wide activity is to reset everyone's credits at the beginning of each month.

I have 189 credits stockpiled. At 3 credits a battle, I could do 63 battles on this account before needing to vote to do more."

after a lot of people agreed with this @NOBLE responded. here is his quote.

"Resetting credits has been discussed before, and like someone said, many people voted against it. That doesn't preclude us from having the conversation again and seeing if there is a consensus for it to happen."

so we're going to officially put this out for a vote.

HOW IT WOULD WORK (POTENTIALLY)

the emcee shop prices would reduce to be realistic with the time line, but essentially, every month your credits will reset.

why?

we want to encourage people to vote more frequently on battles. we want people rate tracks and cyphers. we want to bring back the audio battles, and a good way to do that is people knowing that if they do an audio battle, it's going to get enough votes. many old cats have mounds of credits and never half to vote. ever. the goal is to encourage people to be more active.

COMPENSATION

now i know it's not fair for you to lose all these credits and be left empty handed. i think the first step is that there will be a month long transition, to make people aware of the changes, this way they can spend their credits. the next step is to possibly reward people (based on how many credits they had) with an exclusive emcee item and/or a medal that pertains to how many credits they had before the reset. a sort of bragging rights to those who accumulated massive credits.

Last edited by joan of arc; 12-23-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:02 PM
KG The Prince
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

I guess you really are tryna run for mayor

Sounds like a cool idea but it depends on how active someone is, and right now it's literally holiday season.

And a month is too quick imo, should be 2

One more thing, are mods gonna take charge of this? You really wanna give em another job? You sad bitch lmao

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #2

KG The Prince
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 106 audio / 857 text

Sounds like a cool idea but it depends on how active someone is, and right now it's literally holiday season.

One more thing, are mods gonna take charge of this? You really wanna give em another job? You sad bitch lmao

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:08 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG View Post

this idea was given somewhat of a go from @NOBLE

you can see his quote above.

and thank you for the feedback, i can see giving 2 months as rational. also look to some of my other threads, i have plans for taking the workload off on noble and mods.
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #3

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG View Post

this idea was given somewhat of a go from @NOBLE

you can see his quote above.

and thank you for the feedback, i can see giving 2 months as rational. also look to some of my other threads, i have plans for taking the workload off on noble and mods.

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:09 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Nah, I don’t wana be stuck waiting for some fags to open battles at the start of the month just so I can get credits to start a battle of my own. I vote a lot and want to keep my credits as I use them for graphics, forum events, and to create battles whenever the fuck I want. This isn’t the way to get someone to vote, it’s not really going to motivate people the way some may think. People are only gonna vote for their immediate battling needs instead of going on voting sprees. Also when you ask someone to vote they’ll probably just say no if they don’t want to battle for the rest of the month.
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #4

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)

Nah, I don’t wana be stuck waiting for some fags to open battles at the start of the month just so I can get credits to start a battle of my own. I vote a lot and want to keep my credits as I use them for graphics, forum events, and to create battles whenever the fuck I want. This isn’t the way to get someone to vote, it’s not really going to motivate people the way some may think. People are only gonna vote for their immediate battling needs instead of going on voting sprees. Also when you ask someone to vote they’ll probably just say no if they don’t want to battle for the rest of the month.
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:15 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
I'm against this idea. personally I think once someone has earned a credit they should be able to keep it for as long as they'd like before spending it. I think one big problem is people blocking people for no reason or for a dumbass reason like being voted against. I think blocks should have to be justified... my girl J Shadys battles with mizz ammo had barely any votes cause mizz ammo blocks anyone who votes against her.. even fvc... the dumbass.
i def feel for you. i think you've made an excellent point about people who block people for voting purposes. i'll post this in the WE NEED TO UNITE thread

thank you for your feedback

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
i can agree this has a lot of logic to it. i think perhaps we can tweak the reset and other aspects of lb to find more ways to have people vote. i'm still on board for resetting credits, but i love the feedback and i think you all have raised some great points.
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #5

joan of arc

Quote:
I'm against this idea. personally I think once someone has earned a credit they should be able to keep it for as long as they'd like before spending it. I think one big problem is people blocking people for no reason or for a dumbass reason like being voted against. I think blocks should have to be justified... my girl J Shadys battles with mizz ammo had barely any votes cause mizz ammo blocks anyone who votes against her.. even fvc... the dumbass.
i def feel for you. i think you've made an excellent point about people who block people for voting purposes. i'll post this in the WE NEED TO UNITE thread

thank you for your feedback

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
i can agree this has a lot of logic to it. i think perhaps we can tweak the reset and other aspects of lb to find more ways to have people vote. i'm still on board for resetting credits, but i love the feedback and i think you all have raised some great points.

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:18 PM
J Shady
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

I’m just gunna have to go with no because like Tyrant said people are constantly blocking over petty shitty and I myself have battled people who have so many people hate blocked that the battle took forever to close. So with that being said it would be almost impossible to get credits back if the people battling have you blocked. If you can’t hate vote you shouldn’t be aloud to hate block either. Blocking on IM is one thing but blocking from voting just because it wasn’t for you ruins voting. Mods should look into being the ones who block. If you can’t prove it was a hate vote or a consistency of shitty votes and no improvement you shouldn’t be aloud to block. I don’t even battle anymore cause usually the other person has too many people blocked so it’s a waste.
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #6

J Shady
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I’m just gunna have to go with no because like Tyrant said people are constantly blocking over petty shitty and I myself have battled people who have so many people hate blocked that the battle took forever to close. So with that being said it would be almost impossible to get credits back if the people battling have you blocked. If you can’t hate vote you shouldn’t be aloud to hate block either. Blocking on IM is one thing but blocking from voting just because it wasn’t for you ruins voting. Mods should look into being the ones who block. If you can’t prove it was a hate vote or a consistency of shitty votes and no improvement you shouldn’t be aloud to block. I don’t even battle anymore cause usually the other person has too many people blocked so it’s a waste.
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:19 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
once more emcee items are added I believe voting will go up
i don't know if i agree but i think it's worth making a thread and asking people how much they really care about the emcee shop. and what they would like to see from it
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:19 PM   #7

joan of arc

Quote:
once more emcee items are added I believe voting will go up
i don't know if i agree but i think it's worth making a thread and asking people how much they really care about the emcee shop. and what they would like to see from it

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:19 PM
Aggo

Instead of a total credit reset, another way to do this is to award less credits for a vote or make a battle cost more credits to open. That way you get to keep your earned credits but they will be in higher demand.
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:19 PM   #8

Aggo

Instead of a total credit reset, another way to do this is to award less credits for a vote or make a battle cost more credits to open. That way you get to keep your earned credits but they will be in higher demand.

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:22 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Shady View Post
i feel your frustration homie and i know many people that feel this way. like i told tyrant i'm going to bring it up in the WE NEED TO UNITE thread. in fact i'll go ahead and address this problem in it's own thread as well. thank you for your feedback.
Unread 12-22-2018, 07:22 PM   #9

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Shady View Post
i feel your frustration homie and i know many people that feel this way. like i told tyrant i'm going to bring it up in the WE NEED TO UNITE thread. in fact i'll go ahead and address this problem in it's own thread as well. thank you for your feedback.

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:24 PM
KG The Prince
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
It's a yes from me

#Less work for mods

Unread 12-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #10

KG The Prince
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 106 audio / 857 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
It's a yes from me

#Less work for mods