Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01-27-2019, 11:32 AM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
All true but open battles are optional. Just call someone outbid you want to flip a name. We should just encourage less ducking.

it's not about WANTING to flip a name, it's about someone getting to do it to you. so far you and edge seem against it which is fine. i'm just making mental notes of who's for and who's against it.
Unread 01-27-2019, 11:32 AM   #21

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
All true but open battles are optional. Just call someone outbid you want to flip a name. We should just encourage less ducking.

it's not about WANTING to flip a name, it's about someone getting to do it to you. so far you and edge seem against it which is fine. i'm just making mental notes of who's for and who's against it.

Unread 01-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Living Tribunal View Post
name flips are for sure dope. but it's not fair that for example edge accepts guts battle and throws some personals and name flips (which were hella funny btw) and guts just writes some random bars and throws em up.

you want see a live battle, where one dude is blindfolded and forced to just spit random bars at one in particular, and the other dude gets (however long, sometimes days) to think of personals and name flips.

and the whole idea of just not posting goes back to the problem i'm trying to address. nobody WILL post anything because they know'll they'll be at a massive disadvantage.

using another example of me and you, you DID post an open and i responded using name flips. which gave me an advantage. i still lost but it's not because i didn't have an advantage, it's because i'm not as good as you are at this point. i challenged myself and shot up. which most people wouldn't be willing to do. imagine how long your verse would have sat there if i didn't take it. look how long O_G's verses stayed up. (i had to take one myself just because i was sick of seeing them up there)

i get the issue with not wanting the voting to be blind, but for the things like (not wanting to read a shitty battle, or dig through shitty battles) there are other things like (somebody not getting the W just because of name value) basically this would eliminate specifically people with insane records that just aren't true. look at shodans record than look at bnas. it's fucking stupid. and only bans is going to do 4000 battles against noobs to get a record like that. this prevents that, which makes things more reputable in the end.
That’s the thing though, that would never happen in a live battle. You can’t compare it to that becsuse it’s completely different. Live matches the opponents are set before hand, there’s nothing that’s similar to someone who posts an open on LB. and that’s the point, opens are optional and by definition they carry all those risks mentioned previously. If you don’t want to be name flipped without your own chance to name flip back, the answer is to not post opens - not try to change what opens are.
Unread 01-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #22

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text

Quote:
name flips are for sure dope. but it's not fair that for example edge accepts guts battle and throws some personals and name flips (which were hella funny btw) and guts just writes some random bars and throws em up.

you want see a live battle, where one dude is blindfolded and forced to just spit random bars at one in particular, and the other dude gets (however long, sometimes days) to think of personals and name flips.

and the whole idea of just not posting goes back to the problem i'm trying to address. nobody WILL post anything because they know'll they'll be at a massive disadvantage.

using another example of me and you, you DID post an open and i responded using name flips. which gave me an advantage. i still lost but it's not because i didn't have an advantage, it's because i'm not as good as you are at this point. i challenged myself and shot up. which most people wouldn't be willing to do. imagine how long your verse would have sat there if i didn't take it. look how long O_G's verses stayed up. (i had to take one myself just because i was sick of seeing them up there)

i get the issue with not wanting the voting to be blind, but for the things like (not wanting to read a shitty battle, or dig through shitty battles) there are other things like (somebody not getting the W just because of name value) basically this would eliminate specifically people with insane records that just aren't true. look at shodans record than look at bnas. it's fucking stupid. and only bans is going to do 4000 battles against noobs to get a record like that. this prevents that, which makes things more reputable in the end.
That’s the thing though, that would never happen in a live battle. You can’t compare it to that becsuse it’s completely different. Live matches the opponents are set before hand, there’s nothing that’s similar to someone who posts an open on LB. and that’s the point, opens are optional and by definition they carry all those risks mentioned previously. If you don’t want to be name flipped without your own chance to name flip back, the answer is to not post opens - not try to change what opens are.
Unread 01-27-2019, 12:06 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
i have to disagree. i've never been one to just accept things as they are just because they are. but i respect your opinion homie.
Unread 01-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #23

joan of arc

Quote:
i have to disagree. i've never been one to just accept things as they are just because they are. but i respect your opinion homie.

Unread 01-27-2019, 01:29 PM
Barzooka
Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Maybe it would be more plausible if we were to make this anonymous battle system optional (like how blind drops are optional)
Originally Posted by JayDiamondScarFace View Post
I got a 1.73¢,made 3$dollars twooday and bought some tobacco smoke with 2$dollars haha my bank account empty no credit cards i m freestyle the money,since young money
Unread 01-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #24

Barzooka
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 353 audio / 268 text

Maybe it would be more plausible if we were to make this anonymous battle system optional (like how blind drops are optional)
I got a 1.73¢,made 3$dollars twooday and bought some tobacco smoke with 2$dollars haha my bank account empty no credit cards i m freestyle the money,since young money
Unread 01-27-2019, 01:30 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Girl Midari View Post
not a bad idea either.
Unread 01-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #25

joan of arc

Quote:
not a bad idea either.

Unread 01-27-2019, 01:32 PM
Barzooka
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
You know what else doesn't happen in live battles? Someone rap battling out in the air to a single anonymous entity waiting for someone to accept it so they can absolutely shit flip the fuck out of them.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote:
not a bad idea either.
I just really like your idea tbh. Me and Tonic have talked about this before and I know you're not too big on the guy but I truly feel like he would love this idea.

@ToniC 801
Unread 01-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #26

Barzooka
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
You know what else doesn't happen in live battles? Someone rap battling out in the air to a single anonymous entity waiting for someone to accept it so they can absolutely shit flip the fuck out of them.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote:
not a bad idea either.
I just really like your idea tbh. Me and Tonic have talked about this before and I know you're not too big on the guy but I truly feel like he would love this idea.

@ToniC 801
Unread 01-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:

@ToniC 801
Exactly, that’s my point lol. An open battle on LB shares no similarities to how a live battle is structured.
Unread 01-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #27

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text

Quote:

@ToniC 801
Exactly, that’s my point lol. An open battle on LB shares no similarities to how a live battle is structured.
Unread 01-27-2019, 04:18 PM
Barzooka
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
I'm honestly all for this idea but it may or may not need some adjustments for it to become beneficial let alone doable; remaining optimistic about it though.
Unread 01-27-2019, 04:18 PM   #28

Barzooka
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
I'm honestly all for this idea but it may or may not need some adjustments for it to become beneficial let alone doable; remaining optimistic about it though.

Display