[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05-04-2014, 06:08 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
Yeah. Maidana gave him his biggest test in years. But I can see why the Judges went Mayweather

But aye. lol. Did anyone see Mays face drop when the announcer said and NOW instead of and STILL blah blah champion of the world. He was looking all smug right until the announcer dropped that now in there. Re watch it.

lol priceless.

I thought Khan did good. Collazo looked like a washed up bum with a punchers chance. not sure if down to Khan or Colzo was that bad
Yea, I noticed that too. He knew the fight was close and the decision could have went against him.
Unread 05-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #11

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
Yeah. Maidana gave him his biggest test in years. But I can see why the Judges went Mayweather

But aye. lol. Did anyone see Mays face drop when the announcer said and NOW instead of and STILL blah blah champion of the world. He was looking all smug right until the announcer dropped that now in there. Re watch it.

lol priceless.

I thought Khan did good. Collazo looked like a washed up bum with a punchers chance. not sure if down to Khan or Colzo was that bad
Yea, I noticed that too. He knew the fight was close and the decision could have went against him.
Unread 05-04-2014, 06:14 PM
J u s T C J u s T C is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1535 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Broner looked terrible. Nice jab, no skills. Put him in there with Cotto and let him die. Or Pacquiao like he wanted.
Because he's lost that air of invincibility. A loss for the likes of Maidanna means nothing. A loss for a Broner means everything. He'll never be the same.

I'm part German myself.

Fuck off, I got work to do.
Unread 05-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #12

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 46 audio / 30 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Broner looked terrible. Nice jab, no skills. Put him in there with Cotto and let him die. Or Pacquiao like he wanted.
Because he's lost that air of invincibility. A loss for the likes of Maidanna means nothing. A loss for a Broner means everything. He'll never be the same.

I'm part German myself.

Unread 05-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Mr-Felon
Mentioned: 226 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.38/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Technically Mayweather was fighting Maidana for his Belt thats why he didnt say "and Still" Mayweather has belts Maidana was fighting for one and Mayweather was fighting for Maidanas belt theye were fighting to Unify titles thast why the announcer couldn't say "AND STILL" because he wasn't the title holder of MAIDANAS BELT......and I rewatched the fight Mayweather clearly won Maidana just looked busier but ALOT AND I REPEAT ALOT of Maidanas punches did not land cleanly or alot not at all I had it 5 rounds Maidana 7 for Floyd.....It was a great fight tho.....and in a rematch I think Mayweather would win easier because he now Knows Maidana personally in the ring......Maidana was getting frustrated thats why he tackled Mayweather once and made him go thru the ropes and a few secs later actually tried to tackle him again........MAIDANA WAS ROUGH AND RUGGED but Not with Punches.........PUNCHES WIN FIGHTS not wrestling and tackling and pushing but again It was a great fight and Imo Khan vs Floyd would be a great fight Mayweather should fight Khan they would do great numbers
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #13

Mr-Felon
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.38/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 75 text

Technically Mayweather was fighting Maidana for his Belt thats why he didnt say "and Still" Mayweather has belts Maidana was fighting for one and Mayweather was fighting for Maidanas belt theye were fighting to Unify titles thast why the announcer couldn't say "AND STILL" because he wasn't the title holder of MAIDANAS BELT......and I rewatched the fight Mayweather clearly won Maidana just looked busier but ALOT AND I REPEAT ALOT of Maidanas punches did not land cleanly or alot not at all I had it 5 rounds Maidana 7 for Floyd.....It was a great fight tho.....and in a rematch I think Mayweather would win easier because he now Knows Maidana personally in the ring......Maidana was getting frustrated thats why he tackled Mayweather once and made him go thru the ropes and a few secs later actually tried to tackle him again........MAIDANA WAS ROUGH AND RUGGED but Not with Punches.........PUNCHES WIN FIGHTS not wrestling and tackling and pushing but again It was a great fight and Imo Khan vs Floyd would be a great fight Mayweather should fight Khan they would do great numbers
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Felon View Post
Maidana was getting frustrated thats why he tackled Mayweather once and made him go thru the ropes and a few secs later actually tried to tackle him again........MAIDANA WAS ROUGH AND RUGGED but Not with Punches.........PUNCHES WIN FIGHTS not wrestling and tackling and pushing but again It was a great fight and Imo Khan vs Floyd would be a great fight Mayweather should fight Khan they would do great numbers
I disagree with this part. Maidana felt like he had Mayweather on the ropes. Even if he's hitting the gloves a lot, he'd have felt like he was winning the rounds. He wasn't frustrated at all as a result.

What's this wrestling, tackling and pushing? Maidana leaned into him once and they fell. It didn't happen before what so ever. Maidana also didn't push him at all. Had he pushed him, he might have done a little better in the late middle rounds actually.
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #14

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Maidana was getting frustrated thats why he tackled Mayweather once and made him go thru the ropes and a few secs later actually tried to tackle him again........MAIDANA WAS ROUGH AND RUGGED but Not with Punches.........PUNCHES WIN FIGHTS not wrestling and tackling and pushing but again It was a great fight and Imo Khan vs Floyd would be a great fight Mayweather should fight Khan they would do great numbers
I disagree with this part. Maidana felt like he had Mayweather on the ropes. Even if he's hitting the gloves a lot, he'd have felt like he was winning the rounds. He wasn't frustrated at all as a result.

What's this wrestling, tackling and pushing? Maidana leaned into him once and they fell. It didn't happen before what so ever. Maidana also didn't push him at all. Had he pushed him, he might have done a little better in the late middle rounds actually.

Unread 05-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Mr-Felon
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...S4&app=desktop

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

In boxing you can"Cut off the ring" to force your opponent into a corner or the ropes but you cant Physically come in with your head low and use your head and body to Physically Push someone back into the ropes which is what Maidana clearly did Look at the video and you can clearly see
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #15

Mr-Felon
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

In boxing you can"Cut off the ring" to force your opponent into a corner or the ropes but you cant Physically come in with your head low and use your head and body to Physically Push someone back into the ropes which is what Maidana clearly did Look at the video and you can clearly see
Unread 05-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Hubert Cumberdale

Quote:

There is absolutely nothing in the rules of boxing to say that you're not allowed to come in with your head and physically press them onto the ropes, unless you are using your head for collision.

Mayweather found an early counter for the move with the uppercut, which he never stuck to.

Maidana also cut of the ring several times throughout the fight.

Also that video was complete bullshit.

Holding the back of the head and punching is something nearly every inside boxer does. If you want to get technical, holding is against the rules. Not once does Maidana punch Mayweather in that manner, or in the back of the head, when May isn't either turning away from the shot or holding onto his arm.

The low blows were pretty bad. As for hip shots or whatever moaning bullshit from that Mayweather fanatic, again, Mayweather is holding him. Clinching and holding is technically against the rules in boxing. You tie up your opponent, expect to take some shots like that. Amir Khan Vs Lamont Peterson was basically a whole fight of Khan getting smashed because the referee wouldn't call break.

EDIT: Are you also not including the fact that in nearly every Mayweather fight, he uses the point of his elbow in his opponent's face to keep them back?
Unread 05-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #16

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:

There is absolutely nothing in the rules of boxing to say that you're not allowed to come in with your head and physically press them onto the ropes, unless you are using your head for collision.

Mayweather found an early counter for the move with the uppercut, which he never stuck to.

Maidana also cut of the ring several times throughout the fight.

Also that video was complete bullshit.

Holding the back of the head and punching is something nearly every inside boxer does. If you want to get technical, holding is against the rules. Not once does Maidana punch Mayweather in that manner, or in the back of the head, when May isn't either turning away from the shot or holding onto his arm.

The low blows were pretty bad. As for hip shots or whatever moaning bullshit from that Mayweather fanatic, again, Mayweather is holding him. Clinching and holding is technically against the rules in boxing. You tie up your opponent, expect to take some shots like that. Amir Khan Vs Lamont Peterson was basically a whole fight of Khan getting smashed because the referee wouldn't call break.

EDIT: Are you also not including the fact that in nearly every Mayweather fight, he uses the point of his elbow in his opponent's face to keep them back?

Unread 05-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Mr-Felon
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Having someone against the ropes does not give you permission to low blow OR to rabbit punch and It is not allowed for boxers to come in low head down and bull dose your opponent to the point you push him down thru the ropes .....Maidana lost point blank "lookin busy and actually connecting punches" ARE TWO DIFF THINGS.........Maidana looked busier because of his "rugged come forward" aproach but Mayweather connected the most punches Legal Punches I rewatched this fight because at first I gave it too MAIDANA me and Sainct C were talking on face book as the fight was live and I said I think Maidana edged it and he said he thougt Mayweather won so I told him I would rewatch it and see if my opinion changed and I did rewatch and my opinion did change because from first glance it looked like MAIDANA WON BECAUSE HE WAS ALLOVER MAYWEATHER RELENTLESS but upon second and 3rd time watching this fight Maywaether clearly won......and I am far from a Mayweather dick rider I actually think hes ducking Manny my views on this fight are totally un biased
Unread 05-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #17

Mr-Felon
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Having someone against the ropes does not give you permission to low blow OR to rabbit punch and It is not allowed for boxers to come in low head down and bull dose your opponent to the point you push him down thru the ropes .....Maidana lost point blank "lookin busy and actually connecting punches" ARE TWO DIFF THINGS.........Maidana looked busier because of his "rugged come forward" aproach but Mayweather connected the most punches Legal Punches I rewatched this fight because at first I gave it too MAIDANA me and Sainct C were talking on face book as the fight was live and I said I think Maidana edged it and he said he thougt Mayweather won so I told him I would rewatch it and see if my opinion changed and I did rewatch and my opinion did change because from first glance it looked like MAIDANA WON BECAUSE HE WAS ALLOVER MAYWEATHER RELENTLESS but upon second and 3rd time watching this fight Maywaether clearly won......and I am far from a Mayweather dick rider I actually think hes ducking Manny my views on this fight are totally un biased
Unread 05-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldevity View Post
What I said is 100% correct. Anyone who knows boxing knows where I'm coming from.

See yourself out of my thread. When I make a thread about rock throwing THEN I'll give you a shout.

I'm part German myself.

Unread 05-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #18

Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldevity View Post
What I said is 100% correct. Anyone who knows boxing knows where I'm coming from.

See yourself out of my thread. When I make a thread about rock throwing THEN I'll give you a shout.
Unread 05-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

@Mr-Felon The point still stands though lol. You can clearly see Mayweathers face drop when the announcer said that shit. re watch it.

I'm part German myself.

Unread 05-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #19

Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

@Mr-Felon The point still stands though lol. You can clearly see Mayweathers face drop when the announcer said that shit. re watch it.
Unread 05-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Maidana landed plenty of clean punches. The percentage was low for his output but he caught May plenty of times. The problem is is that Mays clean punches catch the eye more in real time because most of maidanas were in the clinch/against the ropes.

May caught Maidanna on the inside too but he also caught him at distance. Which is something Maidanna lacked.

I'm part German myself.

Unread 05-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #20

Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Maidana landed plenty of clean punches. The percentage was low for his output but he caught May plenty of times. The problem is is that Mays clean punches catch the eye more in real time because most of maidanas were in the clinch/against the ropes.

May caught Maidanna on the inside too but he also caught him at distance. Which is something Maidanna lacked.

Display