Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04-01-2020, 06:54 PM
Nicholas
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
There have been many greats to come along since Nawkout and even some before him that nobody is calling trash. Only the ones with this atrociously forced wordplay and far fetched concepts seem to get called out.
Publicly. There are some people that people are comfortable talking shit about in the forums. Then there are a whole other group of people that ya'll talk shit about in the IMs.

IDK why it's cool for people to build themselves up by shitting on other people. It's just classless. You don't see Usain Bolt talking shit about Jesse Owens race times or Daniel Cormier talking about how he would destroy Ken Shamrock.

Some of you act like you were blessed with the ability to write, you forgot the shoulders you stand on. No, their rhymes aren't the equivalent of today's Bugatti's they were figuring out how to build the car in the first place and without them none of you would have got half as far as you did.
Unread 04-01-2020, 06:54 PM   #31

Nicholas

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
There have been many greats to come along since Nawkout and even some before him that nobody is calling trash. Only the ones with this atrociously forced wordplay and far fetched concepts seem to get called out.
Publicly. There are some people that people are comfortable talking shit about in the forums. Then there are a whole other group of people that ya'll talk shit about in the IMs.

IDK why it's cool for people to build themselves up by shitting on other people. It's just classless. You don't see Usain Bolt talking shit about Jesse Owens race times or Daniel Cormier talking about how he would destroy Ken Shamrock.

Some of you act like you were blessed with the ability to write, you forgot the shoulders you stand on. No, their rhymes aren't the equivalent of today's Bugatti's they were figuring out how to build the car in the first place and without them none of you would have got half as far as you did.

Unread 04-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
4 1828
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

Y’all? Im not sure I know who this y’all you speak of are. Me? If I call a bar trash in IMs, I’ll call it trash to someone directly. This is a site where people publicly display their work. Just like any other publicly displayed art form, it will be criticized harshly at times. This OP was about how good the guy Nawkout is. Are we not allowed to disagree? That’s what the forum is for, man. You seem to be taking this as an attack on the old school as a whole and that’s clearly not the case. Nobody’s in these threads trashing Left Field or Illimit or Jason cuz even though that style isnt effective anymore for the most part they didn’t write corny shit. And nobody’s shitting on dude just because it’s old...we rip today’s members just as bad for their missteps. Just ask Saiyan. Haha. If you looked at that bar that was quoted from the link in this thread in a vacuum and didn’t call it dumpster juice, I’d question your judgement. The fact you can only use nostalgia to defend it should say something.
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 04-01-2020, 08:02 PM   #32

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
4 1828
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 700 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

Y’all? Im not sure I know who this y’all you speak of are. Me? If I call a bar trash in IMs, I’ll call it trash to someone directly. This is a site where people publicly display their work. Just like any other publicly displayed art form, it will be criticized harshly at times. This OP was about how good the guy Nawkout is. Are we not allowed to disagree? That’s what the forum is for, man. You seem to be taking this as an attack on the old school as a whole and that’s clearly not the case. Nobody’s in these threads trashing Left Field or Illimit or Jason cuz even though that style isnt effective anymore for the most part they didn’t write corny shit. And nobody’s shitting on dude just because it’s old...we rip today’s members just as bad for their missteps. Just ask Saiyan. Haha. If you looked at that bar that was quoted from the link in this thread in a vacuum and didn’t call it dumpster juice, I’d question your judgement. The fact you can only use nostalgia to defend it should say something.

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 04-02-2020, 05:47 AM
Nicholas

Quote:
There are teenagers that can run 100m in 11 seconds now, but they aren't gold medal winners. Judging old school bars by today's standards is a false dichotomy. It gives some people an ego boost though so go figure.
Unread 04-02-2020, 05:47 AM   #33

Nicholas

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
There are teenagers that can run 100m in 11 seconds now, but they aren't gold medal winners. Judging old school bars by today's standards is a false dichotomy. It gives some people an ego boost though so go figure.

Unread 04-02-2020, 07:33 AM
Rain Matrix 2021
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 11 Lost

Lol "Ego booost" bad choice of words, Urban. Im On Your Side W/ This Lol ..... .... If anything, i think niggas were nicer back then .... Cuz ur right when u said Niggas wouldnt be as good as they are now if it wasn't for their predecessors .... But thats only because competition shows you the possibilities, more easily anyways. 'The sky is the limit' .. Basically means whatever you see is possible. And all they see are the top cats of TODAY, not The Real Talks & The Daddio's Of Yesterday.. The niggas that were REALLY good. So Not Only Do they Not Know That Level Exists At All (Leading to a False Ego, Thinking They're Doper than The Generic People in their head from 2008) But they can't Be as Good As Them, Until They Reach Their Limit & Break Free From that, On Their Own. Thats when niggas say your 'Next Level' . In a League Of Your Own, When Youre The Shit & Know It. (See Rain Matrix Circa 2011)... They say if someone's gonna teach you, Make sure they're atleast intermediate. Why? Because Thats who's gonna influence you .... Just because the top cat on here isn't teaching you, doesn't mean you're not learning from him. He's Top of the Food-Chain ... He's setting the pace, And You want that spot

Back then, The Top Niggas Was Dope ... Theres a few Heavyweights On Here Now No Lie, But even they wouldnt match Real Talk & DAddio (IMO, Prove Me Wrong)... But they're the niggas you feel like are at the top, So they still set the bar ... But the bar isn't set as high as it was then. So all in all ... Niggas are good, but they ain't AS good, because the bar (The Metaphorical Horizon) Isn't AS high. & It doesn't help to disprove the false belief when Niggas compare themselves to an old-school cat like EtH, who wasn't winning titles back then either lol... No hate , but.... lol. (Its Equivelent To comparing yourself to Bnas because hes #1 of the month. ) & If Anything ... The Fact Yesterdays MiddleWeights Can Even Make it To the Finals Of Todays Tournaments (& Even Win The Title) Should say something about the decline in Skill Level. I Wrote Something For This Once: "Throw 64 Wack Niggas In a Tournament & Give The Winner A Title". Not aimed at anybody, obviously not 100% true ... but by using an extreme it shows you what i mean better.

You'll Never be as Great As The Nigga Ur Trying to Be Like .. Until u learn all u can from that nigga, & Go Your Own Way With It. Real Talk & Daddio Are Looked up to by the Guys u look up to , so do the math. (Unless a nigga broke free. did anybody do that yet? Like a 'Student Becomes the Master' Typa Thing.. Lol Push Yourselves Cuz If Youre Not Learning From The Greats, You Gotta Get Better The Old-School Way, By Besting Each Other. & You're Not Doing That By Not Battling)

Anyways
Unread 04-02-2020, 07:33 AM   #34

Rain Matrix 2021
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 11 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 15 text

Lol "Ego booost" bad choice of words, Urban. Im On Your Side W/ This Lol ..... .... If anything, i think niggas were nicer back then .... Cuz ur right when u said Niggas wouldnt be as good as they are now if it wasn't for their predecessors .... But thats only because competition shows you the possibilities, more easily anyways. 'The sky is the limit' .. Basically means whatever you see is possible. And all they see are the top cats of TODAY, not The Real Talks & The Daddio's Of Yesterday.. The niggas that were REALLY good. So Not Only Do they Not Know That Level Exists At All (Leading to a False Ego, Thinking They're Doper than The Generic People in their head from 2008) But they can't Be as Good As Them, Until They Reach Their Limit & Break Free From that, On Their Own. Thats when niggas say your 'Next Level' . In a League Of Your Own, When Youre The Shit & Know It. (See Rain Matrix Circa 2011)... They say if someone's gonna teach you, Make sure they're atleast intermediate. Why? Because Thats who's gonna influence you .... Just because the top cat on here isn't teaching you, doesn't mean you're not learning from him. He's Top of the Food-Chain ... He's setting the pace, And You want that spot

Back then, The Top Niggas Was Dope ... Theres a few Heavyweights On Here Now No Lie, But even they wouldnt match Real Talk & DAddio (IMO, Prove Me Wrong)... But they're the niggas you feel like are at the top, So they still set the bar ... But the bar isn't set as high as it was then. So all in all ... Niggas are good, but they ain't AS good, because the bar (The Metaphorical Horizon) Isn't AS high. & It doesn't help to disprove the false belief when Niggas compare themselves to an old-school cat like EtH, who wasn't winning titles back then either lol... No hate , but.... lol. (Its Equivelent To comparing yourself to Bnas because hes #1 of the month. ) & If Anything ... The Fact Yesterdays MiddleWeights Can Even Make it To the Finals Of Todays Tournaments (& Even Win The Title) Should say something about the decline in Skill Level. I Wrote Something For This Once: "Throw 64 Wack Niggas In a Tournament & Give The Winner A Title". Not aimed at anybody, obviously not 100% true ... but by using an extreme it shows you what i mean better.

You'll Never be as Great As The Nigga Ur Trying to Be Like .. Until u learn all u can from that nigga, & Go Your Own Way With It. Real Talk & Daddio Are Looked up to by the Guys u look up to , so do the math. (Unless a nigga broke free. did anybody do that yet? Like a 'Student Becomes the Master' Typa Thing.. Lol Push Yourselves Cuz If Youre Not Learning From The Greats, You Gotta Get Better The Old-School Way, By Besting Each Other. & You're Not Doing That By Not Battling)

Anyways
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Regardless of the fact that I'd easily beat the Coree Warpath, Olde English, WarTank, DReppin etc. guys of the world, and probably beat the UAs, RT's etc. now, I don't think anyone uses me as the measuring stick.

I think if they did, they'd have a stronger view of the older generation. No one is reading my verses thinking "EtH's spitting that old head shit". I think anyone would consider me to be competitive now, and as a result they don't consider me to be using "old material".

I think looking back and picking out bad bars, like guys like Esso or Rieper might do, is bullshit because it's a complete lack of knowledge on evolution. Royce Gracie would get fucking smashed by MMA fighters now, but it's because of the questions he raised that people got to where they are now. The reason guys like UA, Illy or Real Talk might seem a bit basic, or might have their multis not 100%, is because standards continuously evolve. As none of them battled from 2012 onwards really, they didn't get the opportunity to evolve alongside it.

Someone like Lock looked at the shit RULE, Grizz, Dissizit, Pulse, Rican etc. were spitting, which was the top generation when he joined, and wanted to evolve beyond that. As a result, he's much better than all of those. RULE did the same when he tried to evolve beyond the shit Askari, UA, Illy etc. were writing.

It's a constant evolution of everything getting better and better. Standards on LB have dipped now as there are less people that have really went through this evolution. If Esso and Riep dip now, someone who's a bit shit like Rant will win a GC and become the new measuring stick for new members, so in our current state the quality is actually falling off a little bit.

It doesn't help when lower mid carders like Rain come back, spit wack stuff and then claim everyone is hating and/or don't understand when they lose convincingly.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 04-02-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #35

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Regardless of the fact that I'd easily beat the Coree Warpath, Olde English, WarTank, DReppin etc. guys of the world, and probably beat the UAs, RT's etc. now, I don't think anyone uses me as the measuring stick.

I think if they did, they'd have a stronger view of the older generation. No one is reading my verses thinking "EtH's spitting that old head shit". I think anyone would consider me to be competitive now, and as a result they don't consider me to be using "old material".

I think looking back and picking out bad bars, like guys like Esso or Rieper might do, is bullshit because it's a complete lack of knowledge on evolution. Royce Gracie would get fucking smashed by MMA fighters now, but it's because of the questions he raised that people got to where they are now. The reason guys like UA, Illy or Real Talk might seem a bit basic, or might have their multis not 100%, is because standards continuously evolve. As none of them battled from 2012 onwards really, they didn't get the opportunity to evolve alongside it.

Someone like Lock looked at the shit RULE, Grizz, Dissizit, Pulse, Rican etc. were spitting, which was the top generation when he joined, and wanted to evolve beyond that. As a result, he's much better than all of those. RULE did the same when he tried to evolve beyond the shit Askari, UA, Illy etc. were writing.

It's a constant evolution of everything getting better and better. Standards on LB have dipped now as there are less people that have really went through this evolution. If Esso and Riep dip now, someone who's a bit shit like Rant will win a GC and become the new measuring stick for new members, so in our current state the quality is actually falling off a little bit.

It doesn't help when lower mid carders like Rain come back, spit wack stuff and then claim everyone is hating and/or don't understand when they lose convincingly.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 04-02-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Rain Matrix 2021
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 11 Lost

Lol sorry for using u as an example, couldnt think of anyone else.

Agree with what u said tho ....

"It's a constant evolution of everything getting better and better. Standards on LB have dipped now as there are less people that have really went through this evolution. If Esso and Riep dip now, someone who's a bit shit like Rant will win a GC and become the new measuring stick for new members, so in our current state the quality is actually falling off a little bit."

Thats True ^ .. Its what i was saying, in a different way. Niggas will Always improve .... but when all the dopeheads dipped , Niggas forgot about them ... And now its like its started over and nobody got the blueprint to get on that level. Like i said .. If youre not learning from the best, you gotta do it the hard/ slow way, & best each other. The old-heads basically paved the way , so niggas can get good, fast. Took us Years to do .... We all got better together , Slowly lol ..

& Lol Lower-Mid ..... Yikes
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #36

Rain Matrix 2021
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 11 Lost

Lol sorry for using u as an example, couldnt think of anyone else.

Agree with what u said tho ....

"It's a constant evolution of everything getting better and better. Standards on LB have dipped now as there are less people that have really went through this evolution. If Esso and Riep dip now, someone who's a bit shit like Rant will win a GC and become the new measuring stick for new members, so in our current state the quality is actually falling off a little bit."

Thats True ^ .. Its what i was saying, in a different way. Niggas will Always improve .... but when all the dopeheads dipped , Niggas forgot about them ... And now its like its started over and nobody got the blueprint to get on that level. Like i said .. If youre not learning from the best, you gotta do it the hard/ slow way, & best each other. The old-heads basically paved the way , so niggas can get good, fast. Took us Years to do .... We all got better together , Slowly lol ..

& Lol Lower-Mid ..... Yikes
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:45 AM
4 1828
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post

It’s not a lack of knowledge on evolution. Like I said, I’m not gonna call out a whole lot of older guys just on a basis of being simple. I didn’t battle here with Illy, Lefty and Conceited etc but I was in groups with them before they got here...I kinda span both eras so I understand where things came from and where they’re going.

If I pick on anything, it’s always the corny oronyms and wordplays that’s weren’t necessary to win and didn’t make sense to me even back then. I liken it to looking back at shit like backwards clothes and parachute pants. There’s other shit from that era (snap backs, starter jackets, polo) that is classic and still gets rocked today. Folks look back on them other two like ‘it was cool then but wtf were we thinking?’. I’ll still look at a Left Field battle and laugh at all the ways he found to call someone a faggot. Those wordplays though were just as bad then as they are now...folks just ain’t blinded by the moment anymore. Some shit is SnapBacks, some shit is parachute pants.

Remembering RULE
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #37

4 1828
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 700 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post

It’s not a lack of knowledge on evolution. Like I said, I’m not gonna call out a whole lot of older guys just on a basis of being simple. I didn’t battle here with Illy, Lefty and Conceited etc but I was in groups with them before they got here...I kinda span both eras so I understand where things came from and where they’re going.

If I pick on anything, it’s always the corny oronyms and wordplays that’s weren’t necessary to win and didn’t make sense to me even back then. I liken it to looking back at shit like backwards clothes and parachute pants. There’s other shit from that era (snap backs, starter jackets, polo) that is classic and still gets rocked today. Folks look back on them other two like ‘it was cool then but wtf were we thinking?’. I’ll still look at a Left Field battle and laugh at all the ways he found to call someone a faggot. Those wordplays though were just as bad then as they are now...folks just ain’t blinded by the moment anymore. Some shit is SnapBacks, some shit is parachute pants.
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Rain Matrix 2021
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 11 Lost

The shit i say n do Don't Change ... Rainy is Timeless ... I Speak in Truth's .... .... I don't lie, when i dont want u to know something, ill speak in metaphores and confuse you and shit

EtH Got Compared to Bnas how did i do that ..... Easier than u might think, tbh
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #38

Rain Matrix 2021
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 11 Lost

The shit i say n do Don't Change ... Rainy is Timeless ... I Speak in Truth's .... .... I don't lie, when i dont want u to know something, ill speak in metaphores and confuse you and shit

EtH Got Compared to Bnas how did i do that ..... Easier than u might think, tbh
Unread 04-02-2020, 09:54 AM
GOOD GRIEF
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

One thing that Modern LB lacks is style tbh. It’s turned into an essay writing competion because the day you start delving into grammar is the day you’re no longer critiquing a battle rap verse. No ones taking risk anymore.

Y’all roast Grizz and Diss (which they sometimes deserve) but if I put their verses next to each other I could pick out each without reading their names. They had individual flair.

The harshness of modern voting has led to calculated and artificial styles. Not a lot of flavor. The expectations of voters evolving through the years is expected and encourage but ever since I’ve gotten back in some instances it’s taken too far tbh.

And @EtH what’s your problem with gun bars? They’re a part of battle culture. They’re about as ridiculous as you saying you’re going to fuck someone’s mom or beat them up. Yeah you could argue you’re more likely to fuck someone’s mom than kill them but besides saying their skills are trash or talking about something dumb they did in the past most insults in battle are empty threats or created narratives.

You REALLY want to go meta about this shit?

Last edited by GOOD GRIEF; 04-02-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Unread 04-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #39

GOOD GRIEF
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 155 text
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)

One thing that Modern LB lacks is style tbh. It’s turned into an essay writing competion because the day you start delving into grammar is the day you’re no longer critiquing a battle rap verse. No ones taking risk anymore.

Y’all roast Grizz and Diss (which they sometimes deserve) but if I put their verses next to each other I could pick out each without reading their names. They had individual flair.

The harshness of modern voting has led to calculated and artificial styles. Not a lot of flavor. The expectations of voters evolving through the years is expected and encourage but ever since I’ve gotten back in some instances it’s taken too far tbh.

And @EtH what’s your problem with gun bars? They’re a part of battle culture. They’re about as ridiculous as you saying you’re going to fuck someone’s mom or beat them up. Yeah you could argue you’re more likely to fuck someone’s mom than kill them but besides saying their skills are trash or talking about something dumb they did in the past most insults in battle are empty threats or created narratives.

Last edited by GOOD GRIEF; 04-02-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Unread 04-02-2020, 11:07 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:

NawkOut is objectively terrible at times, for sure, often hilariously slow.

But LB was on some "You'll see the cap on his chest like a navy salute" type of bollocks, and suddenly this new dude rocks up spitting 8 syllable wordplays. Some landed too. Other than Conceited, it's arguable that no one shaped the way LB currently writes more today than NawkOut. What he did not only influenced how the likes of a lot of us wrote, but it also bled into the next generation of guys like RULE, Grizz etc. Not that this was a good thing as they sometimes did the exact same forced stuff, but as time went on that's been improved on by people like yourself.

I remember banging my head against the wall as barely anyone on LB understood the "work both ways" concept. Because of guys like Manny, Lock, Bleu, Aggo etc. all understanding that idea, now it's a completely common expression I'd imagine you use as well.

Nawk brought some new shit. I disagree with him being HOF as he was never THE guy on the site, but he definitely changed a lot of the game.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOD GRIEF View Post

I think not enough people are trying new shit now, which is where the style lacks. No one wants to lose without bringing their established best, instead of trying to mix it up with something a bit different. The only reason anyone gives me credit is because they think that all of my verses are going to be something they haven't seen a lot of.

They had individual flair. They had no technique. Both struggled to string together a single punchline that actually worked. Grizz was especially bad. Diss had his high moments.

Agree on the harshness of voting.

Gunbars are lame as fuck. Saying you'll fuck someone's mum can be good because you're clowning them. When roasting friends, you can clown someone hard on how you'll fuck their mum. Can you clown them hard about how you'll shoot them?

In a battle, the goal is to insult your opponent. Start to finish, that's every single thing you're doing. There is NOTHING you could say in relation to you shooting me that could make me insulted. The biggest insult is that you actually wrote that and wanted to win. Also a huge part of battling is that for something to be dope to me, I want to see you bring something that I feel I couldn't do. Bring something where I'm like "Oh shit, how did he come up with that?". You will NEVER do that with a gunbar. No matter what gunbar you write, I could also write.

Also to add to this, it's not insulting your opponent anyways. Telling someone you'll shoot them is self bragging. Literally I'll give you points and not even call if a gunbar if you flipped it and instead of "I'll shoot you like ___" you say "You wouldn't shoot me if you were ___". Done. Hell that was half the concept of my verse against Esso.

He fucking loves guns, it’s like he’s got TROUBLE WITH STORING HIS HUNDREDS OF GLOCKS the way he STRUGGLES AND FORCES THE GUNS IN A BOX! When he saw the wild card he was HAVING TO GRAB A SPOT see the reason he couldn’t TENDER THE FIVE BEATINGS is when he heard DecEMBER WAS SNIPE SEASON he was GRABBING HIS DRAGUNOV! Your rhymes tell such a story of the WEAPONS IN STORE that Trump sent Iran one of your verses and it ENDED THE WAR! And nameplay too? His punch SPAN IS BIG, VAST AS SHIT so much so that if he faced FRANKIE 'CLIPZ' he'd fill every inch of his PANTS WITH JIZZ!

I'm using gun concepts, albeit facetiously, but this is defo not "gunplay"
@mcg#3451
Unread 04-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #40

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Quote:

NawkOut is objectively terrible at times, for sure, often hilariously slow.

But LB was on some "You'll see the cap on his chest like a navy salute" type of bollocks, and suddenly this new dude rocks up spitting 8 syllable wordplays. Some landed too. Other than Conceited, it's arguable that no one shaped the way LB currently writes more today than NawkOut. What he did not only influenced how the likes of a lot of us wrote, but it also bled into the next generation of guys like RULE, Grizz etc. Not that this was a good thing as they sometimes did the exact same forced stuff, but as time went on that's been improved on by people like yourself.

I remember banging my head against the wall as barely anyone on LB understood the "work both ways" concept. Because of guys like Manny, Lock, Bleu, Aggo etc. all understanding that idea, now it's a completely common expression I'd imagine you use as well.

Nawk brought some new shit. I disagree with him being HOF as he was never THE guy on the site, but he definitely changed a lot of the game.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOD GRIEF View Post

I think not enough people are trying new shit now, which is where the style lacks. No one wants to lose without bringing their established best, instead of trying to mix it up with something a bit different. The only reason anyone gives me credit is because they think that all of my verses are going to be something they haven't seen a lot of.

They had individual flair. They had no technique. Both struggled to string together a single punchline that actually worked. Grizz was especially bad. Diss had his high moments.

Agree on the harshness of voting.

Gunbars are lame as fuck. Saying you'll fuck someone's mum can be good because you're clowning them. When roasting friends, you can clown someone hard on how you'll fuck their mum. Can you clown them hard about how you'll shoot them?

In a battle, the goal is to insult your opponent. Start to finish, that's every single thing you're doing. There is NOTHING you could say in relation to you shooting me that could make me insulted. The biggest insult is that you actually wrote that and wanted to win. Also a huge part of battling is that for something to be dope to me, I want to see you bring something that I feel I couldn't do. Bring something where I'm like "Oh shit, how did he come up with that?". You will NEVER do that with a gunbar. No matter what gunbar you write, I could also write.

Also to add to this, it's not insulting your opponent anyways. Telling someone you'll shoot them is self bragging. Literally I'll give you points and not even call if a gunbar if you flipped it and instead of "I'll shoot you like ___" you say "You wouldn't shoot me if you were ___". Done. Hell that was half the concept of my verse against Esso.

He fucking loves guns, it’s like he’s got TROUBLE WITH STORING HIS HUNDREDS OF GLOCKS the way he STRUGGLES AND FORCES THE GUNS IN A BOX! When he saw the wild card he was HAVING TO GRAB A SPOT see the reason he couldn’t TENDER THE FIVE BEATINGS is when he heard DecEMBER WAS SNIPE SEASON he was GRABBING HIS DRAGUNOV! Your rhymes tell such a story of the WEAPONS IN STORE that Trump sent Iran one of your verses and it ENDED THE WAR! And nameplay too? His punch SPAN IS BIG, VAST AS SHIT so much so that if he faced FRANKIE 'CLIPZ' he'd fill every inch of his PANTS WITH JIZZ!

I'm using gun concepts, albeit facetiously, but this is defo not "gunplay"

Display