Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:12 PM
CakedOut
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
No doubt. But the way you originally worded it is like Grizz and Dissizit. I haven't seen them drop a better verse than ones I read a while ago in the last year or two. I gave Grizz a 9 in that scheme tournament not long ago, would stretch to an 8 on his verses now. The reason is because they get overrated, don't get pulled on mistakes, and then don't elevate.

I know ILLoKWENT and Rican are actively trying to improve so that's why I didn't really want to pick them out. I know Rican, despite being well known for his wordplay, isn't content to fuck up the wording and get by anymore so he's pushing to get his all worked out so again, don't want to put them on blast.

Only two people in our battle pulled you on EtH fecked you all turns / Effectual turns, I think that says it all

What Subreal is doing isn't actually negative. He's picking out flaws in great verses, and wants to make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes. DaDDiO with NO slant rhyming? Would it have gotten much better? He's just wording it all the wrong way.

And for guys that say we're just "Defending the old school", you have to look at the middle generation. I know some of these guys had names before the middle, but their main rises on LB only took place around the 2009/2010 mark. You've got ReeFer, Huey J, Erupt and RULE. If those guys weren't battling, people would claim that Krhyme Killz, PurFekShun etc. were just as good as Illimit etc. because they would feel like they have to defend the current era.

ReeF, Huey, Erupt and RULE (circa late 2010) might well have went toe to toe with Jason, UA, DaDDiO and Illimit and pulled off the victory.

This current generation is good, but not filled with legends. Instead of the guys being listed, I'd prefer a card like this..

GrizzEAT Vs LEFT FIELD
MAN DOWN Vs TopNotch
Dissizit Vs Mayneak
ILLoKWENT Vs Meta4

If I was to pick someone that, if they continue elevating, will be one of the greats on the site, it'd be MAN DOWN.

Grizzeat would body illimit.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #51

CakedOut

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
No doubt. But the way you originally worded it is like Grizz and Dissizit. I haven't seen them drop a better verse than ones I read a while ago in the last year or two. I gave Grizz a 9 in that scheme tournament not long ago, would stretch to an 8 on his verses now. The reason is because they get overrated, don't get pulled on mistakes, and then don't elevate.

I know ILLoKWENT and Rican are actively trying to improve so that's why I didn't really want to pick them out. I know Rican, despite being well known for his wordplay, isn't content to fuck up the wording and get by anymore so he's pushing to get his all worked out so again, don't want to put them on blast.

Only two people in our battle pulled you on EtH fecked you all turns / Effectual turns, I think that says it all

What Subreal is doing isn't actually negative. He's picking out flaws in great verses, and wants to make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes. DaDDiO with NO slant rhyming? Would it have gotten much better? He's just wording it all the wrong way.

And for guys that say we're just "Defending the old school", you have to look at the middle generation. I know some of these guys had names before the middle, but their main rises on LB only took place around the 2009/2010 mark. You've got ReeFer, Huey J, Erupt and RULE. If those guys weren't battling, people would claim that Krhyme Killz, PurFekShun etc. were just as good as Illimit etc. because they would feel like they have to defend the current era.

ReeF, Huey, Erupt and RULE (circa late 2010) might well have went toe to toe with Jason, UA, DaDDiO and Illimit and pulled off the victory.

This current generation is good, but not filled with legends. Instead of the guys being listed, I'd prefer a card like this..

GrizzEAT Vs LEFT FIELD
MAN DOWN Vs TopNotch
Dissizit Vs Mayneak
ILLoKWENT Vs Meta4

If I was to pick someone that, if they continue elevating, will be one of the greats on the site, it'd be MAN DOWN.

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Mentioned: 3426 Post(s)
Tagged: 69 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.37/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:

GrizzEAT Vs LEFT FIELD
MAN DOWN Vs TopNotch
Dissizit Vs Mayneak
ILLoKWENT Vs Meta4

I think our opinion deffers a bit but fundamentally i agree with most of this.

I think there are about 10 people who i'd call absolute greats at text battling, based on skill alone. People who i think could defeat ANYONE on there best day.

DaDDiO & iLLimit deffly lead the charge in my eyes, but a number of the older heavyweights havent aged well at all.

As far as skill alone goes, i'd say the "golden era" heavyweights are better than the new era heavweights, whilst the golden era mid card was worse than the new era mid card.

Either way, keep pushing people! the throne is there for the taking.

1/
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #52

RULE RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.37/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1977 text

Quote:

GrizzEAT Vs LEFT FIELD
MAN DOWN Vs TopNotch
Dissizit Vs Mayneak
ILLoKWENT Vs Meta4

I think there are about 10 people who i'd call absolute greats at text battling, based on skill alone. People who i think could defeat ANYONE on there best day.

DaDDiO & iLLimit deffly lead the charge in my eyes, but a number of the older heavyweights havent aged well at all.

As far as skill alone goes, i'd say the "golden era" heavyweights are better than the new era heavweights, whilst the golden era mid card was worse than the new era mid card.

1/
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakedOut View Post
Grizzy is my DUDE but i have to disagree here.

with a year of active battling and elevation grizzy COULD surpass illy skill-wise but right now he isnt there.

Illy is legit top 5 all time and thats from a guy who see's through the years of overrated battlers.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #53

RULE RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1977 text

Quote:
Grizzy is my DUDE but i have to disagree here.

with a year of active battling and elevation grizzy COULD surpass illy skill-wise but right now he isnt there.

Illy is legit top 5 all time and thats from a guy who see's through the years of overrated battlers.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:18 PM
CakedOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
Don't include the creator of the New heads vs old heads... That's great thieves..

get your own ideas

I love how soon as shit heated up between a few of you, yall started to sweet talk each other..

Cowards...
lol we both kind of created the beef though. You started the Ftoh movement. I setup the tourney.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:18 PM   #54

CakedOut

Quote:
Don't include the creator of the New heads vs old heads... That's great thieves..

get your own ideas

I love how soon as shit heated up between a few of you, yall started to sweet talk each other..

Cowards...
lol we both kind of created the beef though. You started the Ftoh movement. I setup the tourney.

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Hubert Cumberdale

Quote:
No hate to Grizz, but he's not even CLOSE to being half as good as Illimit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULE View Post

1/
More so these days I agree for the most part. MahVulvas, Chizzle and LEFT FIELD are the stand outs in that area for me. I don't like MahV for the same reasons I don't like ReeFer or Phroxen, I find they have waaaaay too much rhyming over punches. Chizzle seems all over the place reading back, and LEFT FIELD would probably just be a bit too basic if you were reading back now.

The mid card is an interesting point tbh. The mid card on LB now is generally filled with solid punches and decent technique.

Who do we class as the old school mid card though? At the time, I guess I'd of thought of it being like Rain and me etc, but I guess that's because so many people were given HW status.

I suppose, if you're to arrange skill levels as the card levels, it'd have been like Olde English, WAR TANK, Multiple Madness, Orei Boi, Pulse etc?
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #55

Hubert Cumberdale

Quote:
No hate to Grizz, but he's not even CLOSE to being half as good as Illimit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULE View Post

1/
More so these days I agree for the most part. MahVulvas, Chizzle and LEFT FIELD are the stand outs in that area for me. I don't like MahV for the same reasons I don't like ReeFer or Phroxen, I find they have waaaaay too much rhyming over punches. Chizzle seems all over the place reading back, and LEFT FIELD would probably just be a bit too basic if you were reading back now.

The mid card is an interesting point tbh. The mid card on LB now is generally filled with solid punches and decent technique.

Who do we class as the old school mid card though? At the time, I guess I'd of thought of it being like Rain and me etc, but I guess that's because so many people were given HW status.

I suppose, if you're to arrange skill levels as the card levels, it'd have been like Olde English, WAR TANK, Multiple Madness, Orei Boi, Pulse etc?

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:26 PM
lllllllllllll

Quote:
Disagree. If anything we (Fidel & I) inspired a lot of niggas to start stuff based off of the movement.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #56

lllllllllllll

Quote:
Disagree. If anything we (Fidel & I) inspired a lot of niggas to start stuff based off of the movement.

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:31 PM
Hubert Cumberdale

Quote:
I have seem absolutely no one be inspired. Maybe you inspired a few people to me more dis-likable on the forums but nothing really happened in battling as such.

Look at the GC, which FTOH guy REALLY made an impact. WonderBred out shined all of you guys and couldnt give a shit about it.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #57

Hubert Cumberdale

Quote:
I have seem absolutely no one be inspired. Maybe you inspired a few people to me more dis-likable on the forums but nothing really happened in battling as such.

Look at the GC, which FTOH guy REALLY made an impact. WonderBred out shined all of you guys and couldnt give a shit about it.

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:38 PM
lllllllllllll

Quote:

Outshined us as in........ you sucked his dick the most?? I was talking to my friend Cakedout if you don't mind.

Every time FTOH pop up, you wanna be involved somehow. If ya'll not tranna battle, how is that our fault? The GC oh wow ok cool. The home of nut gargling.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:38 PM   #58

lllllllllllll

Quote:

Outshined us as in........ you sucked his dick the most?? I was talking to my friend Cakedout if you don't mind.

Every time FTOH pop up, you wanna be involved somehow. If ya'll not tranna battle, how is that our fault? The GC oh wow ok cool. The home of nut gargling.

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Hubert Cumberdale

Quote:

Or that fact that he got a shout out from RULE in the "official magazine" and no one you "inspired" made any noise at all?

You made a comment, I asked you to back it up, you did not...
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #59

Hubert Cumberdale

Quote:

Or that fact that he got a shout out from RULE in the "official magazine" and no one you "inspired" made any noise at all?

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:45 PM
lllllllllllll

Quote:

Oh i guess whoever RULE shouts out is pretty much on their way huh?

lol You niggas be doing a lot of dreaming i see.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #60

lllllllllllll

Quote:

Oh i guess whoever RULE shouts out is pretty much on their way huh?

lol You niggas be doing a lot of dreaming i see.

Tags
bullyswag, god bless, preach, puddyshit, savemoney, subhasplayedoutlines