Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena

Notices

View Poll Results: Should these tournaments be implemented and added to the tournament schedule?
King of Kings Tournament, I fucks with it 3 75.00%
King of Kings Tournament...is a hard no 1 25.00%
Rising Stars Tournament, I like it 3 75.00%
Rising Stars Tournament....not feelin it 1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Unread 07-09-2020, 10:45 AM
Charan
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost
Default New Tournament(s)

So, I've brought this up, but I think now is the time to make an official thread and propose these 2 tournaments be put into action.

King of Kings Tournament

- This will be an exclusive, once-a-year, invite only tournament where 8 of Letsbeef's best champions meet in a 1-loss elimination bracket-style tournament.

- Only champions are allowed to enter this tournament.

- A mod will post sign-ups in the main forums, and then the 8 champions with the most titles (or most prestigious titles) will be selected and invited to the King of Kings Tournament, for the chance to win the (soon to be, hopefully) coveted King of Kings Champion title.

This will be the most exclusive tournament in Letsbeef History, and will crown the first undisputed champion of champions.

Rising Stars Tournament

- This tournament is the opposite, and will feature only members that have never won a championship as its participants.

- This tournament isn't invite only, and signups will be done in the main forums.

- This will be a once-a-year tournament and the winner of the tournament will be granted the Rising Stars Champion title.

This is just a proposal thread, to see how many people would actually be on board with this. It would give champions that have kinda fell back from the tournament scene a new motivation and goal to chase without feeling like title hoarders, and give the rest of Letsbeef a chance to see its greatest go head to head, and this would also give those who've never won a title a legit chance to become a champion.

What do you guys think?
Unread 07-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #1

Charan
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 13 audio / 126 text

Default New Tournament(s)

So, I've brought this up, but I think now is the time to make an official thread and propose these 2 tournaments be put into action.

King of Kings Tournament

- This will be an exclusive, once-a-year, invite only tournament where 8 of Letsbeef's best champions meet in a 1-loss elimination bracket-style tournament.

- A mod will post sign-ups in the main forums, and then the 8 champions with the most titles (or most prestigious titles) will be selected and invited to the King of Kings Tournament, for the chance to win the (soon to be, hopefully) coveted King of Kings Champion title.

This will be the most exclusive tournament in Letsbeef History, and will crown the first undisputed champion of champions.

Rising Stars Tournament

- This tournament is the opposite, and will feature only members that have never won a championship as its participants.

- This tournament isn't invite only, and signups will be done in the main forums.

- This will be a once-a-year tournament and the winner of the tournament will be granted the Rising Stars Champion title.

This is just a proposal thread, to see how many people would actually be on board with this. It would give champions that have kinda fell back from the tournament scene a new motivation and goal to chase without feeling like title hoarders, and give the rest of Letsbeef a chance to see its greatest go head to head, and this would also give those who've never won a title a legit chance to become a champion.

What do you guys think?
Unread 07-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Charan
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
Not a bad idea, however, it may be hard to get 8 multiple champions to compete/be online for this once a year event....

This is the Exact same as the Rookie Of The Year tourney and the last one was nearly not even ran due to such a low turn out of new/fresh blood...
Good input, so what I was thinking was since the King of Kings Championship will hold more weight, there should also be a monetary prize for the winner along with the title. You're right, champions don't log on as much but if you slap a dollar prize on it I think they'd at least be interested and probably would compete.

And tbh I don't think it's like ROTY at all. The reason ROTY is so hard to execute these days is because newcomers hardly stick around, thus, there not being many or a lot of them being semi-active....and that's IF they're NOT multi-accounts.

The advantage of Rising Stars Champion is that there are a lot of members who aren't rookies that can't compete for that title, but are still solid battlers. So I think the pool for Rising Stars is much MUCH bigger than ROTY.
Unread 07-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #2

Charan
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
Not a bad idea, however, it may be hard to get 8 multiple champions to compete/be online for this once a year event....

This is the Exact same as the Rookie Of The Year tourney and the last one was nearly not even ran due to such a low turn out of new/fresh blood...
Good input, so what I was thinking was since the King of Kings Championship will hold more weight, there should also be a monetary prize for the winner along with the title. You're right, champions don't log on as much but if you slap a dollar prize on it I think they'd at least be interested and probably would compete.

And tbh I don't think it's like ROTY at all. The reason ROTY is so hard to execute these days is because newcomers hardly stick around, thus, there not being many or a lot of them being semi-active....and that's IF they're NOT multi-accounts.

The advantage of Rising Stars Champion is that there are a lot of members who aren't rookies that can't compete for that title, but are still solid battlers. So I think the pool for Rising Stars is much MUCH bigger than ROTY.
Unread 07-09-2020, 03:15 PM
Mentioned: 2592 Post(s)
Tagged: 58 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
20 Won / 2 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.45/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.45/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.45/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
142 Won / 11 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charan View Post

King of Kings Tournament

Rising Stars Tournament

What do you guys think?
I actually like both of these ideas. The only thing is that we have too many titles and tournaments as is. Some of us already want the seasonal tournaments gone (especially since that adds 6 tournaments to the 10 we already had). We have 16 tournaments happening this year between audio and text. Adding this would make it 18.

Good idea at a bad time imo
Unread 07-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #3

Manhattan Manhattan is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Manhattan is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Manhattan is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.57/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
20 Won / 2 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.45/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.45/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.45/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
142 Won / 11 Lost

Voted: 214 audio / 1077 text
Mentioned: 2592 Post(s)
Tagged: 58 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charan View Post

King of Kings Tournament

Rising Stars Tournament

What do you guys think?
I actually like both of these ideas. The only thing is that we have too many titles and tournaments as is. Some of us already want the seasonal tournaments gone (especially since that adds 6 tournaments to the 10 we already had). We have 16 tournaments happening this year between audio and text. Adding this would make it 18.

Good idea at a bad time imo
Unread 07-09-2020, 05:27 PM
Brickrepper
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
19 Won / 13 Lost

I say if it could be pulled off than it would be dope.
It would give us wats missing as far as top tiers battling each other...i don’t see a lot of that nowadays. PLus put a spotlight on the up and comers ..but I think I tournament like that should have cash involved=motivation

”I stay ready so I ain’t gotta get ready”.
Unread 07-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #4

Brickrepper
Estimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
19 Won / 13 Lost

Voted: 10 audio / 239 text
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)

I say if it could be pulled off than it would be dope.
It would give us wats missing as far as top tiers battling each other...i don’t see a lot of that nowadays. PLus put a spotlight on the up and comers ..but I think I tournament like that should have cash involved=motivation

”I stay ready so I ain’t gotta get ready”.
Unread 07-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Xanda
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
29 Won / 7 Lost

I think we need less tournaments imo. I do however like the ideas of these as opposed to the seasonal tournaments. And really when it comes to new guys it’s cool. But first we need people reaching out to the new guys coaching them, we need more crews with experienced guys leading like the old days. Too many super crews like nba with the warriors.
Unread 07-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #5

Xanda
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
29 Won / 7 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 127 text
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

I think we need less tournaments imo. I do however like the ideas of these as opposed to the seasonal tournaments. And really when it comes to new guys it’s cool. But first we need people reaching out to the new guys coaching them, we need more crews with experienced guys leading like the old days. Too many super crews like nba with the warriors.
Unread 07-09-2020, 07:57 PM
Charan
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

So, here's the current list of active champions (in text) :

• Manhattan
• Xanda
• RULE
• 2FUEL
• Lockhart
• Celsius
• EtH
• Punk
• Row (if he's granted his titles back)
• Shodan
• Obey
• Rai
• Subreal
• Erupt

And here's a list of active Non-Champions (in text) :

• Joshua Sowell
• Nu-Siya
• 40killa
• Absent Mind
• kru:shul
• Mizz Ammo
• Dandy Drippz
• Bnas
• 1rapgod68
• beezboi
• BarsFromMars
• Brickrepper
• Blashphemer
• slickitkam
• LMNT 115
• Row (if he's not granted his titles back)
• Charan
• Rickey Lahey
• REZN
• Student
• CasperTheOne
• Zezmeril
• Zulkranian
• Student
• Squammy
• Brahms
• Barzooka
• Enfinite
• nightcrawler
• Hojatti
• Dex
• quaedd

(probably missed a few) But I think this is a great place to start from in drafting these tournament pools.

Also, I agree that we don't need as many tournaments, but we do need more effective ones. Tournaments should be special occasions, but we've normalized them and now they mean next to nothing with half the participants no-showing or signups not even filling up at all.

Tournaments like the ones I'm proposing should replace a few of the category/compartmentalized specific tournys like One-Punch Tournament, Concept Tournament, Tag-Team, etc.

Last edited by Charan; 07-09-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Unread 07-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #6

Charan
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

So, here's the current list of active champions (in text) :

• Manhattan
• Xanda
• RULE
• 2FUEL
• Lockhart
• Celsius
• EtH
• Punk
• Row (if he's granted his titles back)
• Shodan
• Obey
• Rai
• Subreal
• Erupt

And here's a list of active Non-Champions (in text) :

• Joshua Sowell
• Nu-Siya
• 40killa
• Absent Mind
• kru:shul
• Mizz Ammo
• Dandy Drippz
• Bnas
• 1rapgod68
• beezboi
• BarsFromMars
• Brickrepper
• Blashphemer
• slickitkam
• LMNT 115
• Row (if he's not granted his titles back)
• Charan
• Rickey Lahey
• REZN
• Student
• CasperTheOne
• Zezmeril
• Zulkranian
• Student
• Squammy
• Brahms
• Barzooka
• Enfinite
• nightcrawler
• Hojatti
• Dex
• quaedd

(probably missed a few) But I think this is a great place to start from in drafting these tournament pools.

Also, I agree that we don't need as many tournaments, but we do need more effective ones. Tournaments should be special occasions, but we've normalized them and now they mean next to nothing with half the participants no-showing or signups not even filling up at all.

Tournaments like the ones I'm proposing should replace a few of the category/compartmentalized specific tournys like One-Punch Tournament, Concept Tournament, Tag-Team, etc.

Last edited by Charan; 07-09-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Unread 07-09-2020, 11:05 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

If you want the most prestigious titles you wouldn't want the biggest ones to not battle and tbh I'm not feeling up to it rn.
@mcg#3451
Unread 07-09-2020, 11:05 PM   #7

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)

If you want the most prestigious titles you wouldn't want the biggest ones to not battle and tbh I'm not feeling up to it rn.
@mcg#3451

Display