Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Sam E Scam
Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Jatho Sups vs yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Flako Boom vs Kold KrhymezKold Krhymez is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Kold Krhymez is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
2 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03-08-2024, 03:27 AM
Shodan
Mentioned: 1226 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost
Default The GOATs of LB

You can ask who the GOAT of LB is. I think this is not the right question to ask, and I don't think there is a single GOAT. I think there are different categories of greatness, and I think that you can be the GOAT in each category. So here is my first draft of a list of GOATs. Feel free to discuss.

Disclaimer: I am not claiming that this list is 100% accurate. In some cases I don't know enough about LB history to have an informed opinion. I am also not going to say anything about audio, just text. So if you think I am wrong or you know better, please add your input.

Achievements
Lockhart. No doubt about it. Bleu is a semi-distant second. This is the only one that can be answered pretty much objectively. See The Greatest Of: Champions

Best Text Battler - At their best
I think DaDDiO is a reasonable nomination here. Nobody has ever dropped anything as good as Thrilla in Manilla.

Best Text Battler - At a somewhat consistent level over a long period of time
Esso. You open an Esso verse and almost every time, it's going to be an excellent verse full of haymakers. He has these complex concepts and he makes executing them look effortless. He sometimes has bad bars or lackluster verses, but not often.

Best Text Battler - Relative to the competition of their day
DaDDiO and UNKNOWN ARTIST are the only ones I can think of. But old heads might suggest someone else. Those two were active a decade and a half ago and they would at least be upper-mid tier on the modern LB.

Best Text Battler - In terms of how they influenced text battling standards
Possibly UNKNOWN ARTIST. He had his style of super clean punches in an era full of reaches and non-punches, and a lot of his bars still hold up today. I'd be interested to hear what old heads think about this. I also know some of you dumbasses would say Illokwent. Don't. Just don't. Illo is trash and always has been.

Site legacy outside battling
Part of me says X. He started the site, how could anyone else have that much legacy? The other names that come to mind are EtH, NOBLE, Student, and Mindless. Again a category where I am not qualified to name a GOAT.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 03-08-2024, 03:27 AM   #1

Shodan
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1023 text

Default The GOATs of LB

You can ask who the GOAT of LB is. I think this is not the right question to ask, and I don't think there is a single GOAT. I think there are different categories of greatness, and I think that you can be the GOAT in each category. So here is my first draft of a list of GOATs. Feel free to discuss.

Disclaimer: I am not claiming that this list is 100% accurate. In some cases I don't know enough about LB history to have an informed opinion. I am also not going to say anything about audio, just text. So if you think I am wrong or you know better, please add your input.

Achievements
Lockhart. No doubt about it. Bleu is a semi-distant second. This is the only one that can be answered pretty much objectively. See The Greatest Of: Champions

Best Text Battler - At their best
I think DaDDiO is a reasonable nomination here. Nobody has ever dropped anything as good as Thrilla in Manilla.

Best Text Battler - At a somewhat consistent level over a long period of time
Esso. You open an Esso verse and almost every time, it's going to be an excellent verse full of haymakers. He has these complex concepts and he makes executing them look effortless. He sometimes has bad bars or lackluster verses, but not often.

Best Text Battler - Relative to the competition of their day
DaDDiO and UNKNOWN ARTIST are the only ones I can think of. But old heads might suggest someone else. Those two were active a decade and a half ago and they would at least be upper-mid tier on the modern LB.

Best Text Battler - In terms of how they influenced text battling standards
Possibly UNKNOWN ARTIST. He had his style of super clean punches in an era full of reaches and non-punches, and a lot of his bars still hold up today. I'd be interested to hear what old heads think about this. I also know some of you dumbasses would say Illokwent. Don't. Just don't. Illo is trash and always has been.

Site legacy outside battling
Part of me says X. He started the site, how could anyone else have that much legacy? The other names that come to mind are EtH, NOBLE, Student, and Mindless. Again a category where I am not qualified to name a GOAT.
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 03-08-2024, 08:10 AM
Row
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.02/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
44 Won / 5 Lost

@ILLoKWENT @Malishus

Unread 03-08-2024, 08:10 AM   #2

Row
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.02/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
44 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 7 audio / 63 text
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

@ILLoKWENT @Malishus

Unread 03-08-2024, 10:15 PM
Dexter
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
20 Won / 2 Lost

TEXT GOATS: Lockhart , Esso , Manhattan, Jason

AUDIO GOATS: Charron, Real Talk, Mac G, Sixx-Shot, Ticket, Willy Grubz

FREESTYLE GOATS: Marz, Mr. Goodness, Syco_C

This list is off top of the head
Unread 03-08-2024, 10:15 PM   #3

Dexter
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
20 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 14 audio / 212 text

TEXT GOATS: Lockhart , Esso , Manhattan, Jason

AUDIO GOATS: Charron, Real Talk, Mac G, Sixx-Shot, Ticket, Willy Grubz

FREESTYLE GOATS: Marz, Mr. Goodness, Syco_C

This list is off top of the head
Unread 03-08-2024, 11:23 PM
MR-LETS-BEEF
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

some could argue the fact that we didn't get a DaDDiO (EllAhmEnO) vs CHiZzeL (NawkOut), a Conceited vs UA; some could go far back and speak on the evolution of Illimit.. or how LEFT FIELD was insane from the jump.. some can talk about PUREMONEY/fLAtfaCeMonK or even go as far as Jason's consistent run... Mani08/Mani Mula..

I agree... GOATs in different categories are definitely a thing.. what you need is someone who's been around during that time... ... Student isn't the only one though...
Unread 03-08-2024, 11:23 PM   #4

MR-LETS-BEEF

Voted: 0 audio / 65 text
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

some could argue the fact that we didn't get a DaDDiO (EllAhmEnO) vs CHiZzeL (NawkOut), a Conceited vs UA; some could go far back and speak on the evolution of Illimit.. or how LEFT FIELD was insane from the jump.. some can talk about PUREMONEY/fLAtfaCeMonK or even go as far as Jason's consistent run... Mani08/Mani Mula..

I agree... GOATs in different categories are definitely a thing.. what you need is someone who's been around during that time... ... Student isn't the only one though...
Unread 03-09-2024, 10:44 AM
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
105 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Thanks for including me in the conversation. Idk if I can agree but I’m honored.

Bleu and Manhattan had some special runs. Lockhart’s was probably the most prolific, including that 2020 GC that mighta been the most loaded tourney ever. Illokwents LBT run was as impactful as anything done on the site, followed with Malishus, and capped it off by beating Daddio. Phroxen is on one now. I can’t even get into the UAs and Rule/Revans and such cuz I wasn’t here. The history of talent on this site is unmatched…I’m just glad to get mentioned with it .
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 03-09-2024, 10:44 AM   #5

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
105 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Thanks for including me in the conversation. Idk if I can agree but I’m honored.

Bleu and Manhattan had some special runs. Lockhart’s was probably the most prolific, including that 2020 GC that mighta been the most loaded tourney ever. Illokwents LBT run was as impactful as anything done on the site, followed with Malishus, and capped it off by beating Daddio. Phroxen is on one now. I can’t even get into the UAs and Rule/Revans and such cuz I wasn’t here. The history of talent on this site is unmatched…I’m just glad to get mentioned with it .
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 03-09-2024, 11:06 AM
Masked-Reaper Masked-Reaper is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Masked-Reaper is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Grand Champion
2x Premier League Champion
Cypher Champion
Scheme Champion
Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
160 Won / 25 Lost

From what I’ve seen , DaDDio was the best here. Those verses are a level above most of the other people I’ve read.
Unread 03-09-2024, 11:06 AM   #6

Masked-Reaper Masked-Reaper is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Masked-Reaper is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Grand Champion
2x Premier League Champion
Cypher Champion
Scheme Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
160 Won / 25 Lost

Voted: 34 audio / 259 text
Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

From what I’ve seen , DaDDio was the best here. Those verses are a level above most of the other people I’ve read.
Unread 03-09-2024, 12:36 PM
Enfinite
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Gotta show love to RULE as one of the GOATs. There was a period of time between like 2010-2014 where he was THAT dude. In the box and as a mod. He helped keep this place going well beyond his battling years. His style of writing also had a pretty heavy influence transitioning into a new era of users post 2014, I think a lot of us that came up around 2012 onward were influenced by him in some way or another.
Unread 03-09-2024, 12:36 PM   #7

Enfinite

Voted: 0 audio / 5 text
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Gotta show love to RULE as one of the GOATs. There was a period of time between like 2010-2014 where he was THAT dude. In the box and as a mod. He helped keep this place going well beyond his battling years. His style of writing also had a pretty heavy influence transitioning into a new era of users post 2014, I think a lot of us that came up around 2012 onward were influenced by him in some way or another.
Unread 03-09-2024, 01:25 PM
Dexter
Ranked Text Record
20 Won / 2 Lost

Site legacy outside of Letsbeef?

Charron, no question. Bro been on MTV and BET and has been KOTD champion for like 15 years
Unread 03-09-2024, 01:25 PM   #8

Dexter
Ranked Text Record
20 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 14 audio / 212 text

Site legacy outside of Letsbeef?

Charron, no question. Bro been on MTV and BET and has been KOTD champion for like 15 years
Unread 03-09-2024, 02:33 PM
Jerry
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

With all due respect to the other greats mentioned, I give the GOAT title to Jason.
Unread 03-09-2024, 02:33 PM   #9

Jerry
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 20 text
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

With all due respect to the other greats mentioned, I give the GOAT title to Jason.
Unread 03-09-2024, 04:13 PM
Shodan
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Lockhart’s was probably the most prolific, including that 2020 GC that mighta been the most loaded tourney ever.
(REMOVED) vs (REMOVED), greatest finals matchup of all time

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 03-09-2024, 04:13 PM   #10

Shodan
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1023 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Lockhart’s was probably the most prolific, including that 2020 GC that mighta been the most loaded tourney ever.
(REMOVED) vs (REMOVED), greatest finals matchup of all time