2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > News & History > Announcements

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09-14-2019, 05:09 AM
X
The Boss
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)
Default Return of the moderator program

After careful thought and reading all your feedback, I've decided to bring back the moderator program. In the new program, major decisions around battle and user moderation will have to be made by consensus between 2 or more moderators.

I'm opening 3 moderator positions at this time and will expand as needed. Traditionally moderators have been elected by the existing moderator team, this time I want to give the community a chance to help decide who deserves this role.

To nominate/vote for the 3 new moderators, @ tag them by replying to this thread. Optionally, provide feedback about why you feel they will be good for the role.
Unread 09-14-2019, 05:09 AM   #1

X
The Boss

Voted: 148 audio / 43 text
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)

Default Return of the moderator program

After careful thought and reading all your feedback, I've decided to bring back the moderator program. In the new program, major decisions around battle and user moderation will have to be made by consensus between 2 or more moderators.

I'm opening 3 moderator positions at this time and will expand as needed. Traditionally moderators have been elected by the existing moderator team, this time I want to give the community a chance to help decide who deserves this role.

To nominate/vote for the 3 new moderators, @ tag them by replying to this thread. Optionally, provide feedback about why you feel they will be good for the role.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2019, 05:25 AM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i'm not sure who is active enough, but i'll start with who i think deserves it most.
@Rai

rai was the only member to stay active and try to pick up the pieces after the previous staff was removed. he has always wanted a position, and for the most part, has always been a productive and fair member of LB. He is knowledgeable enough about the site history, the people, and battling in general. I think he has the time and the willingness to do a fair and thorough job.
@Pugz

pugs has been staff since the start, and even though i know some people have problems with him, he is honestly the most experienced staff, who is emotionally invested in the site, not to mention, the money he has put in himself. I think his resume speaks for itself, the only concern is possibly howmuch time he can dedicate.

@Shodan

Shodan is knowledgeable on text battling, and site history, more so than most. He is also a user who i personally know would enforce the "rules" and have a no BS policy. I think he has the time and concern to make sure the site is operating smoothly. the only question is possible dedication. or his mannerisms being questioned, but i believe in shodan.

There are many others i'd nominate if not my question of the time they can put into this job. I know i've had my issues with him, but i'd seriously consider punk for the position as well. I question his attitude, and his commitment (another site of his own to work on) but, i know he does have passion and experience.

I would also recommend any previous staff such as edgeworth, hvk, student, jimmy hoffa, and seul. Of course that includes myself, but, again, i think the staff of the time (when staff was removed) was actually a solid group.
Unread 09-14-2019, 05:25 AM   #2

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

i'm not sure who is active enough, but i'll start with who i think deserves it most.
@Rai

rai was the only member to stay active and try to pick up the pieces after the previous staff was removed. he has always wanted a position, and for the most part, has always been a productive and fair member of LB. He is knowledgeable enough about the site history, the people, and battling in general. I think he has the time and the willingness to do a fair and thorough job.
@Pugz

pugs has been staff since the start, and even though i know some people have problems with him, he is honestly the most experienced staff, who is emotionally invested in the site, not to mention, the money he has put in himself. I think his resume speaks for itself, the only concern is possibly howmuch time he can dedicate.

@Shodan

Shodan is knowledgeable on text battling, and site history, more so than most. He is also a user who i personally know would enforce the "rules" and have a no BS policy. I think he has the time and concern to make sure the site is operating smoothly. the only question is possible dedication. or his mannerisms being questioned, but i believe in shodan.

There are many others i'd nominate if not my question of the time they can put into this job. I know i've had my issues with him, but i'd seriously consider punk for the position as well. I question his attitude, and his commitment (another site of his own to work on) but, i know he does have passion and experience.

I would also recommend any previous staff such as edgeworth, hvk, student, jimmy hoffa, and seul. Of course that includes myself, but, again, i think the staff of the time (when staff was removed) was actually a solid group.

Unread 09-14-2019, 05:32 AM
Nicholas

@Rai @Jimmy Hoffa @EDGEworth or @Seul

Any of those four would be decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n e r o View Post
@Pugz

You just don't know when to take the dick out of your mouth do you.
Unread 09-14-2019, 05:32 AM   #3

Nicholas

@Rai @Jimmy Hoffa @EDGEworth or @Seul

Any of those four would be decent.

Quote:
@Pugz

You just don't know when to take the dick out of your mouth do you.

Unread 09-14-2019, 07:45 AM
Brayne Ded
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

@Shodan
Unread 09-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #4

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 36 text
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

@Shodan
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:19 AM
REZN
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Shodan's done as much, or more trolling on this site than I have. Just as an FYI.

Not only that, he's had multiple chances for moderator positions, and floundered each of them.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

@Jimmy Hoffa

A longstanding member of the site, with intimate knowledge of its functionality. Also a former moderator. Probably one of the former moderators with the fewest complaints against him, as well. He's shown site dedication, and is active, at least enough so to be considered.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

@Sabu (formerly Edgeworth) an intelligent, and collected site member. Stepped down due to a lack of consideration to the entirety of the moderation team when making decisions. A prime fit for the new style of moderation. He may not, now, be as invested in the site. But, during his brief stint in moderation was active, considerate, and dedicated. Impartiality is absolutely one of his strong suits.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Me. (Partially joking.)

Former staff member, who has been using the website for the past ten years. Intimate knowledge of its functionality, and a strong dedication to the site's betterment(there's a serious track record of this.) Strong understanding of the mod control panel, and the site rules. And at a time, for nearly a year, was one of the few active moderators keeping this place active. (Shout out to Illokwent who was also heavily involved at that time.) Moderated initially by Noble.

Since I know I can't nominate myself, I'll be back with my third in a bit.

Edit:

I've a couple names for my potential third nomination.
@NOBLE

A former admin, who's implemented some of the sites most influential ideas. And amendments to factors of the site that were of massive benefit. He's always had a strong focus on facilitating the best voting possible. Has been a longstanding member of the site, and has an intimate knowledge of its functionality, both userside, and moderation side. An excellent choice. Though, his sporadic activity it somewhat obstructive to the aim.
@Rai

While I don't necessarily agree with the way in which he's run his contests, it can't be denied that he took the reigns to do so, and ran with them. A longstanding member, who's been shown to be an asset to the site(despite previous infractions for biting.) And while he has no formal understanding, to my knowledge, of the mod control panel, he is new blood. And that could be beneficial.
@Punk

A former staff member, who has shown his good intentions for the site. Albeit in sometimes obstructive ways(I'm guilty of this, too.) One of the most active on the site, despite sporadic bouts of inactivity in short stints. He understands the site, and wile sometimes when in these positions can be a bit coarse with the members, has never shown any instances of legitimate, or serious rule breaks.

Last edited by REZN; 09-16-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #5

REZN
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 54 text

Shodan's done as much, or more trolling on this site than I have. Just as an FYI.

Not only that, he's had multiple chances for moderator positions, and floundered each of them.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

@Jimmy Hoffa

A longstanding member of the site, with intimate knowledge of its functionality. Also a former moderator. Probably one of the former moderators with the fewest complaints against him, as well. He's shown site dedication, and is active, at least enough so to be considered.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

@Sabu (formerly Edgeworth) an intelligent, and collected site member. Stepped down due to a lack of consideration to the entirety of the moderation team when making decisions. A prime fit for the new style of moderation. He may not, now, be as invested in the site. But, during his brief stint in moderation was active, considerate, and dedicated. Impartiality is absolutely one of his strong suits.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Me. (Partially joking.)

Former staff member, who has been using the website for the past ten years. Intimate knowledge of its functionality, and a strong dedication to the site's betterment(there's a serious track record of this.) Strong understanding of the mod control panel, and the site rules. And at a time, for nearly a year, was one of the few active moderators keeping this place active. (Shout out to Illokwent who was also heavily involved at that time.) Moderated initially by Noble.

Since I know I can't nominate myself, I'll be back with my third in a bit.

Edit:

I've a couple names for my potential third nomination.
@NOBLE

A former admin, who's implemented some of the sites most influential ideas. And amendments to factors of the site that were of massive benefit. He's always had a strong focus on facilitating the best voting possible. Has been a longstanding member of the site, and has an intimate knowledge of its functionality, both userside, and moderation side. An excellent choice. Though, his sporadic activity it somewhat obstructive to the aim.
@Rai

While I don't necessarily agree with the way in which he's run his contests, it can't be denied that he took the reigns to do so, and ran with them. A longstanding member, who's been shown to be an asset to the site(despite previous infractions for biting.) And while he has no formal understanding, to my knowledge, of the mod control panel, he is new blood. And that could be beneficial.
@Punk

A former staff member, who has shown his good intentions for the site. Albeit in sometimes obstructive ways(I'm guilty of this, too.) One of the most active on the site, despite sporadic bouts of inactivity in short stints. He understands the site, and wile sometimes when in these positions can be a bit coarse with the members, has never shown any instances of legitimate, or serious rule breaks.

Last edited by REZN; 09-16-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:20 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post

to be fair, he never really had a shot. every single time his name was mentioned for mod, he was shut down. mostly by nic, who held a grudge against him for something that you did.

he never really had the chance to prove himsel.f.
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #6

joan of arc

Quote:

to be fair, he never really had a shot. every single time his name was mentioned for mod, he was shut down. mostly by nic, who held a grudge against him for something that you did.

Unread 09-14-2019, 08:21 AM
REZN
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:

What about the time he was given topical moderator, with the intent to be made a full moderator if he did well, and instead he threw a fit and quit?

I'm talking about chances he had well before you got involved, Guts.

Let's also not forget(I'm not 100 percent sure about this? Would have to confirm with Noble) that Noble nixed any chance he had of becoming a moderator, because Shodan was using exploits against the site.

Last edited by REZN; 09-14-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #7

REZN
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 54 text

Quote:

What about the time he was given topical moderator, with the intent to be made a full moderator if he did well, and instead he threw a fit and quit?

Let's also not forget(I'm not 100 percent sure about this? Would have to confirm with Noble) that Noble nixed any chance he had of becoming a moderator, because Shodan was using exploits against the site.

Last edited by REZN; 09-14-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:26 AM
joan of arc

Quote:

once again, looking through the "forums" i never saw him actually be considered for mod. his name was brought forth by people like student and hvk, but was shut down by the mods.

mostly, as far as i read, every candidate that wasn't an elite battler and friends with staff, was declined a shot. but that's just what i could read, admittedly, there was a lot of missing content.
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #8

joan of arc

Quote:

once again, looking through the "forums" i never saw him actually be considered for mod. his name was brought forth by people like student and hvk, but was shut down by the mods.

mostly, as far as i read, every candidate that wasn't an elite battler and friends with staff, was declined a shot. but that's just what i could read, admittedly, there was a lot of missing content.

Unread 09-14-2019, 08:27 AM
The Saaxxx Baba
Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
119 Won / 50 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

for me it's -

@Rai (coz he been holding it down even without being a mod) @

Nero
(coz he been at it and we could do with his experience)

and

@Sean Griffey (he one of the only names other than Rai who made the FVC worth it's salt!)
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #9

The Saaxxx Baba
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
119 Won / 50 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 273 audio / 1181 text
Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)

for me it's -

@Rai (coz he been holding it down even without being a mod) @

Nero
(coz he been at it and we could do with his experience)

and

@Sean Griffey (he one of the only names other than Rai who made the FVC worth it's salt!)
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Azul El Chivo

None of the above, the site floundered with them as mods for a reason. It's really slim pickings for quality people now. I'd say
@NOBLE
@Punk

@Me
@Rai

Anybody else would be a mistake.
Unread 09-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #10

Azul El Chivo

None of the above, the site floundered with them as mods for a reason. It's really slim pickings for quality people now. I'd say
@NOBLE
@Punk

@Me
@Rai

Anybody else would be a mistake.

Tags
stillbitter

Display