Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:33 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost
Default Staff In Question Pt 1 - One RULE for some...

So as many of you know, Punk was recently removed of his Hall of Fame title as a result of his account deletion. I have been informed that no matter what the general website wants, he will not be receiving his HOF back.

Muggz went as far as to close his Hall of Fame thread and delete any others, essentially insisting that no discussion on the topic will be tolerated.

When you look at Muggz' response to the thread, you will see where the staff's unwritten rule on account deletion / titles lies:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MuGGz
In conclusion... PUNK* if you made 1 HOF account... surely u can make another...
From this comment, it is clear what he means. It is not the individual who earns Hall of Fame, but instead the individual account. I suppose that makes sense.

But that begs the question; where was this imposed in regards to former admin RULE?

I don't remember the HOF induction for SToBBaRT or Wargrave? It's actually pretty surprising that someone with just 10 battles like Wargrave could actually be entered into the Hall of Fame.

Or perhaps, in the case of RULE, as well as Meta4/MahVulvas/So AmAzIn, and UNKNOWN ARTIST/YOU WISH, it was the individual who received Hall of Fame, and not the individual account.

3 hall of famers, 9 hall of fame titles.

So if in these cases, which date back almost a decade+ on Letsbeef.com, it was the INDIVIDUAL who received a Hall of Fame title, and NOT the account...

Why isn't Punk in the Hall of Fame anymore?
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #1

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Default Staff In Question Pt 1 - One RULE for some...

So as many of you know, Punk was recently removed of his Hall of Fame title as a result of his account deletion. I have been informed that no matter what the general website wants, he will not be receiving his HOF back.

Muggz went as far as to close his Hall of Fame thread and delete any others, essentially insisting that no discussion on the topic will be tolerated.

When you look at Muggz' response to the thread, you will see where the staff's unwritten rule on account deletion / titles lies:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MuGGz
In conclusion... PUNK* if you made 1 HOF account... surely u can make another...
From this comment, it is clear what he means. It is not the individual who earns Hall of Fame, but instead the individual account. I suppose that makes sense.

But that begs the question; where was this imposed in regards to former admin RULE?

I don't remember the HOF induction for SToBBaRT or Wargrave? It's actually pretty surprising that someone with just 10 battles like Wargrave could actually be entered into the Hall of Fame.

Or perhaps, in the case of RULE, as well as Meta4/MahVulvas/So AmAzIn, and UNKNOWN ARTIST/YOU WISH, it was the individual who received Hall of Fame, and not the individual account.

3 hall of famers, 9 hall of fame titles.

So if in these cases, which date back almost a decade+ on Letsbeef.com, it was the INDIVIDUAL who received a Hall of Fame title, and NOT the account...

Why isn't Punk in the Hall of Fame anymore?
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:36 AM
Saii
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Wow. I've seen a lot of threads calling out the mods/admins. But this is a good, clean, and honest thread that deserves some answers and attention.

@Pugz @Joe MuGGz @X @Edgeworth @Jimmy Hoffa @Seul @g u t s @Student

Last edited by Saii; 06-28-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #2

Saii

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Wow. I've seen a lot of threads calling out the mods/admins. But this is a good, clean, and honest thread that deserves some answers and attention.

@Pugz @Joe MuGGz @X @Edgeworth @Jimmy Hoffa @Seul @g u t s @Student

Last edited by Saii; 06-28-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Unread 06-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Locchart

RULE's SToBBaRT & Wargrave accounts & Meta4's multis shouldn't have HoF attached to them, tbh. That's just my honest opinion. Those accounts have nothing to warrant HoF consideration (at least you can say Revan won titles and has a long ass undefeated streak & YOU WISH has titles to it, as well).

But you are right about this, imo. It should be based off the accomplishments of the account if we're really gonna do it like this. I remember Manhattan was campaigning to have his GC from ShotsFired added to his Manhattan account citing this exact same reason, but he was turned down.

Also, idk how staff is in question as a whole when the majority of staff cannot do anything regarding title changes.

Last edited by Locchart; 06-28-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:40 AM   #3

Locchart

RULE's SToBBaRT & Wargrave accounts & Meta4's multis shouldn't have HoF attached to them, tbh. That's just my honest opinion. Those accounts have nothing to warrant HoF consideration (at least you can say Revan won titles and has a long ass undefeated streak & YOU WISH has titles to it, as well).

But you are right about this, imo. It should be based off the accomplishments of the account if we're really gonna do it like this. I remember Manhattan was campaigning to have his GC from ShotsFired added to his Manhattan account citing this exact same reason, but he was turned down.

Also, idk how staff is in question as a whole when the majority of staff cannot do anything regarding title changes.

Last edited by Locchart; 06-28-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Unread 06-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Punk

Damn I should’ve made this point the moment people started complaining. The favouritism.
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:46 AM   #4

Punk

Damn I should’ve made this point the moment people started complaining. The favouritism.

Unread 06-28-2019, 10:48 AM
Saii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post

I think it's less about having the power to alter titles, and more about bringing this to the attention of people other than regular users. He can tell us all day about what's fair and what's not, but nothing will happen because we don't have the amount of influence y'all have. An admin is 10x more probable to listen to a mod than a member.

Also, as your job description stands, EtH (as a member) is supposed to voice his concerns about the site if he has any at any point in time to a mod, regardless of the issue in question.
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #5

Saii

Quote:

I think it's less about having the power to alter titles, and more about bringing this to the attention of people other than regular users. He can tell us all day about what's fair and what's not, but nothing will happen because we don't have the amount of influence y'all have. An admin is 10x more probable to listen to a mod than a member.

Also, as your job description stands, EtH (as a member) is supposed to voice his concerns about the site if he has any at any point in time to a mod, regardless of the issue in question.

Unread 06-28-2019, 10:53 AM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Griffey View Post

Fair point.

EtH brings up a good point, though. It should be looked at the same across all HoF accounts that have multis. If that multi has like a handful of battles with no accomplishments and they're all well below the level of the main account, then they shouldn't have a Hall of Famer title. They should obviously be acknowledged in the HoF thread, but not given a title. You don't see @KATTWILLIAMS getting a HoF title simply for being stricc's multi.
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #6

Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Griffey View Post

Fair point.

EtH brings up a good point, though. It should be looked at the same across all HoF accounts that have multis. If that multi has like a handful of battles with no accomplishments and they're all well below the level of the main account, then they shouldn't have a Hall of Famer title. They should obviously be acknowledged in the HoF thread, but not given a title. You don't see @KATTWILLIAMS getting a HoF title simply for being stricc's multi.

Unread 06-28-2019, 10:57 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Fair point.

6 HOF titles about to get stripped away from well known legend accounts just to avoid giving Punk his Hall of Fame back.

This regime is wild.

Edit: How about instead of changing things that have been in place for an entire decade, we just uphold then? Crazy thought, I know.

Last edited by EtH; 06-28-2019 at 11:00 AM.
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:57 AM   #7

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Fair point.

6 HOF titles about to get stripped away from well known legend accounts just to avoid giving Punk his Hall of Fame back.

This regime is wild.

Edit: How about instead of changing things that have been in place for an entire decade, we just uphold then? Crazy thought, I know.

Last edited by EtH; 06-28-2019 at 11:00 AM.
Unread 06-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by U n E t H i C a L View Post

This regime is wild.
I just made a point and it hasn't even been discussed anywhere yet by staff.

If you really believe a Wargrave account with all of 10 battles to it deserves to have a HoF title to it, then idk what to tell you.
Unread 06-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #8

Locchart

Quote:

This regime is wild.

If you really believe a Wargrave account with all of 10 battles to it deserves to have a HoF title to it, then idk what to tell you.

Unread 06-28-2019, 11:03 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:

If you really believe that RULE becomes an entirely different human being when he logs into a new account, then idk what to tell you.

Campaigning to have it removed is like claiming Cassius Clay shouldn't be in the HOF, only Muhammad Ali.

Also your Manhattan comparison is false as GC titles have never been exchanged and have always been stuck to one account. As you can see, HOF has always been different.
Unread 06-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #9

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:

If you really believe that RULE becomes an entirely different human being when he logs into a new account, then idk what to tell you.

Campaigning to have it removed is like claiming Cassius Clay shouldn't be in the HOF, only Muhammad Ali.

Also your Manhattan comparison is false as GC titles have never been exchanged and have always been stuck to one account. As you can see, HOF has always been different.
Unread 06-28-2019, 11:04 AM
Saii

Quote:

This regime is wild.
Wellllll I have to interject EtH. You shedding light on this issue might ensure the actual true multi-account rule gets upheld and those accounts will be changed or altered accordingly. I don't think shedding light on the issue will make them further ignore the rule for yet another account.

Even though Punk is my boy...I think getting called out will encourage them to fix the wrongdoings, not further them by adding Punk. Maybe they will add Punk back to the HOF, but this thread isn't a petition to give Punk his title back. It more-so calls out the unfair treatment and the need to fix the accounts that have been wrongly gifted titles if they're not going to grant Punk his spot.
Unread 06-28-2019, 11:04 AM   #10

Saii

Quote:

This regime is wild.
Wellllll I have to interject EtH. You shedding light on this issue might ensure the actual true multi-account rule gets upheld and those accounts will be changed or altered accordingly. I don't think shedding light on the issue will make them further ignore the rule for yet another account.

Even though Punk is my boy...I think getting called out will encourage them to fix the wrongdoings, not further them by adding Punk. Maybe they will add Punk back to the HOF, but this thread isn't a petition to give Punk his title back. It more-so calls out the unfair treatment and the need to fix the accounts that have been wrongly gifted titles if they're not going to grant Punk his spot.

Closed Thread

Display