Dredd Tha Lead vs yungcheef
Style: Written
2 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10-25-2017, 12:42 AM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost
Default Pedro dont flop

I get it. You're thinking on the surface level. Like a lot of the misguided listeners, you're thinking, "If Pedro says something that comes across as clever or insightful, it's deep." But that's an extremely pre-modern way to look at art. The way he interacts with the audience, building and subverting metalyrical expectations, commenting on multiple metamusical, sociopolitical and personal subjects with single lines is just brilliant. What work has played jump rope with the line between irony and sincerity as effectively as Pedro's battle career? From the opening seconds of his KY battle, to the Umbro sign multisyllabics, to the hopscotch metaphors, no other work of any medium has worked with such an ambiguity of awareness of its context. I'm not saying Pedro is brilliant because he showcases great technical compositional proficiency or especially novel aesthetic innovations (though Lebanese Transformers and the London Zoo have never been fused so artfully into one battle round), I'm saying his ability to project outwardly from himself and work in a space so self-aware (yet somehow sometimes simultaneously ham-handedly solipsistic) that it shatters any post-post-modern dichotomy between affectation and sincerity sets it apart from other works of art. His entire lyrical methodicism skips back and forth over the "is this dude serious?" line, only for him to answer with a resounding "YO YO YO YO YO". Where the recent metamodernists have decided that continual sinusoidal oscillation between critical points of intense sincerity and irony is a valid solution to the nihilism inherent in extreme postmodernity, Pedro instead manipulates for the oscillation of the listener's perception rather than affecting a self-defeatingly earnest oscillation of himself. In this way, Pedro can be seen as a man of meta-metamodernism. To call him "ahead of his time" would be a vast understatement. He will be hailed as the greatest artist, not rapper, but artist, of the 21st century.
Unread 10-25-2017, 12:42 AM   #1

Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text

Default Pedro dont flop

I get it. You're thinking on the surface level. Like a lot of the misguided listeners, you're thinking, "If Pedro says something that comes across as clever or insightful, it's deep." But that's an extremely pre-modern way to look at art. The way he interacts with the audience, building and subverting metalyrical expectations, commenting on multiple metamusical, sociopolitical and personal subjects with single lines is just brilliant. What work has played jump rope with the line between irony and sincerity as effectively as Pedro's battle career? From the opening seconds of his KY battle, to the Umbro sign multisyllabics, to the hopscotch metaphors, no other work of any medium has worked with such an ambiguity of awareness of its context. I'm not saying Pedro is brilliant because he showcases great technical compositional proficiency or especially novel aesthetic innovations (though Lebanese Transformers and the London Zoo have never been fused so artfully into one battle round), I'm saying his ability to project outwardly from himself and work in a space so self-aware (yet somehow sometimes simultaneously ham-handedly solipsistic) that it shatters any post-post-modern dichotomy between affectation and sincerity sets it apart from other works of art. His entire lyrical methodicism skips back and forth over the "is this dude serious?" line, only for him to answer with a resounding "YO YO YO YO YO". Where the recent metamodernists have decided that continual sinusoidal oscillation between critical points of intense sincerity and irony is a valid solution to the nihilism inherent in extreme postmodernity, Pedro instead manipulates for the oscillation of the listener's perception rather than affecting a self-defeatingly earnest oscillation of himself. In this way, Pedro can be seen as a man of meta-metamodernism. To call him "ahead of his time" would be a vast understatement. He will be hailed as the greatest artist, not rapper, but artist, of the 21st century.
Unread 10-25-2017, 01:12 AM
Shodan
Mentioned: 1225 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

You really thought that "block egregiously" and "not what seems to be" doesn't rhyme. Furthermore, you used that as evidence as to why my proclivity for "self-hype" belies my skill deficiencies? Thank you for proving my point perfectly. You are a living microcosm of the idiocy of this site and why good battlers can't get fair votes. Thank you. Your uninformed attempt at articulation proved every point I was trying to make in the Cypher. Propers for the "Dunning-Kruger" reference. I'm impressed that someone of your ilk is even familiar with that idea. That said, it's not a proper diagnosis given several facts. The first being that I lost 44 of my first 50 battles. So that .550 winning percentage you ridicule is actually something I'm quite proud of given the fact that I've never battled before I joined here. Meaning, essentially, that the fact that my record is even in the positive side of the ledger indicates a very enhanced progression.That fact is amplified by the fact that, unlike the majority of the pussies on here, I don't snipe. I consistently drop open battles with the expressed directive of battling not winning. Secondly, as is well illustrated by the fact that I have 6 battles sitting in purgatory because they can't get enough votes to close, I'm very unpopular here. Had my battles received numerous unbiased fair votes, I contend that my winning percentage would be considerably higher. And, finally, I'd like to bring your attention to my battle with Rai, now open for votes, btw. This is a very telling battle. I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that, in a battle I clearly lost, 2 things are noteworthy. The first being that I conceded my defeat and congratulated rai. If you would retrospectively examine some of my losses that were actually losses, you'll see me go so far as to implore voters to not vote for me. The fact that I have NO issues with admitting when I've lost completely contradicts your dunning-Krueger assertion. Also,* in that Rai battle,* notice how many votes were cast already in a battle dropped less than 24 hours ago. Notice how they pile on when I've clearly lost yet won't come near any battles I've clearly won or are debatable.* How is that my hubris?* These battles shouldn't be popularity contests.* They should be judged on a content based criteria.* Because I don't suck dick in forums or on message boards.* And because I didn't come to let's beef to "meet cool people for friendship and maybe more" I'm absolutely subject to unfair voting.* You actually seem to have a modicum of cognitive ability.* Tell me I'm wrong. You have a pronounced inability to actually keep your comments to the subject matter. See, babsy, the navigating principle of our one sided debate is the validity of my claims of purported voter bias. I offer factual evidence, you offer only scorn and insult. I would ask you if you've been a victim of childhood abuse or bullying, but I've made it clear that I've only come to this site to battle and not politic nor make friends. It is that disposition that invites the ire I encounter. Unlike other people on this site, I'm both perspicuous and transparent in intention. Our interaction falls under the auspices of "sub cordial" due to your proclivity for insecure insult. Again, thank you for proving my hypothesis that the majority of battlers, most especially those who've been here for some years are insecure children who take this more seriously than they should because their lives are devoid of proper stimulation. Furthermore, I'd like to close with the proclamation that the battler currently known as "the sleepwalker" and "mackdabully" is indeed a faggot. Enjoy what remains of your night, babsy and be sure to say sup to my buddies over at the Kennedy space center.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 10-25-2017, 01:12 AM   #2

Shodan
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1022 text

You really thought that "block egregiously" and "not what seems to be" doesn't rhyme. Furthermore, you used that as evidence as to why my proclivity for "self-hype" belies my skill deficiencies? Thank you for proving my point perfectly. You are a living microcosm of the idiocy of this site and why good battlers can't get fair votes. Thank you. Your uninformed attempt at articulation proved every point I was trying to make in the Cypher. Propers for the "Dunning-Kruger" reference. I'm impressed that someone of your ilk is even familiar with that idea. That said, it's not a proper diagnosis given several facts. The first being that I lost 44 of my first 50 battles. So that .550 winning percentage you ridicule is actually something I'm quite proud of given the fact that I've never battled before I joined here. Meaning, essentially, that the fact that my record is even in the positive side of the ledger indicates a very enhanced progression.That fact is amplified by the fact that, unlike the majority of the pussies on here, I don't snipe. I consistently drop open battles with the expressed directive of battling not winning. Secondly, as is well illustrated by the fact that I have 6 battles sitting in purgatory because they can't get enough votes to close, I'm very unpopular here. Had my battles received numerous unbiased fair votes, I contend that my winning percentage would be considerably higher. And, finally, I'd like to bring your attention to my battle with Rai, now open for votes, btw. This is a very telling battle. I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that, in a battle I clearly lost, 2 things are noteworthy. The first being that I conceded my defeat and congratulated rai. If you would retrospectively examine some of my losses that were actually losses, you'll see me go so far as to implore voters to not vote for me. The fact that I have NO issues with admitting when I've lost completely contradicts your dunning-Krueger assertion. Also,* in that Rai battle,* notice how many votes were cast already in a battle dropped less than 24 hours ago. Notice how they pile on when I've clearly lost yet won't come near any battles I've clearly won or are debatable.* How is that my hubris?* These battles shouldn't be popularity contests.* They should be judged on a content based criteria.* Because I don't suck dick in forums or on message boards.* And because I didn't come to let's beef to "meet cool people for friendship and maybe more" I'm absolutely subject to unfair voting.* You actually seem to have a modicum of cognitive ability.* Tell me I'm wrong. You have a pronounced inability to actually keep your comments to the subject matter. See, babsy, the navigating principle of our one sided debate is the validity of my claims of purported voter bias. I offer factual evidence, you offer only scorn and insult. I would ask you if you've been a victim of childhood abuse or bullying, but I've made it clear that I've only come to this site to battle and not politic nor make friends. It is that disposition that invites the ire I encounter. Unlike other people on this site, I'm both perspicuous and transparent in intention. Our interaction falls under the auspices of "sub cordial" due to your proclivity for insecure insult. Again, thank you for proving my hypothesis that the majority of battlers, most especially those who've been here for some years are insecure children who take this more seriously than they should because their lives are devoid of proper stimulation. Furthermore, I'd like to close with the proclamation that the battler currently known as "the sleepwalker" and "mackdabully" is indeed a faggot. Enjoy what remains of your night, babsy and be sure to say sup to my buddies over at the Kennedy space center.
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 10-25-2017, 01:38 AM
PaiNN
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I started reading Shodan's response, and about 30 seconds in I realized that is TeeTeeGee.

LMAO!!
Unread 10-25-2017, 01:38 AM   #3

PaiNN

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

I started reading Shodan's response, and about 30 seconds in I realized that is TeeTeeGee.

LMAO!!

Unread 10-25-2017, 02:00 AM
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiNN View Post

LMAO!!
yeah, all of that was in response to me. guys a nutter.
Unread 10-25-2017, 02:00 AM   #4

Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiNN View Post

LMAO!!
yeah, all of that was in response to me. guys a nutter.
Unread 10-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Rant

Propers for the "Dunning-Kruger" reference. I'm impressed that someone of your ilk is even familiar with that idea. That said, it's not a proper diagnosis given several facts. The first being that I lost 44 of my first 50 battles. So that .550 winning percentage you ridicule is actually something I'm quite proud of given the fact that I've never battled before I joined here. Meaning, essentially, that the fact that my record is even in the positive side of the ledger indicates a very enhanced progression.That fact is amplified by the fact that, unlike the majority of the pussies on here, I don't snipe. I consistently drop open battles with the expressed directive of battling not winning. Secondly, as is well illustrated by the fact that I have 6 battles sitting in purgatory because they can't get enough votes to close, I'm very unpopular here. Had my battles received numerous unbiased fair votes, I contend that my winning percentage would be considerably higher. And, finally, I'd like to bring your attention to my battle with Rai, now open for votes, btw. This is a very telling battle. I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that, in a battle I clearly lost, 2 things are noteworthy. The first being that I conceded my defeat and congratulated rai. If you would retrospectively examine some of my losses that were actually losses, you'll see me go so far as to implore voters to not vote for me. The fact that I have NO issues with admitting when I've lost completely contradicts your dunning-Krueger assertion. Also,* in that Rai battle,* notice how many votes were cast already in a battle dropped less than 24 hours ago. Notice how they pile on when I've clearly lost yet won't come near any battles I've clearly won or are debatable.* How is that my hubris?* These battles shouldn't be popularity contests.* They should be judged on a content based criteria.* Because I don't suck dick in forums or on message boards.* And because I didn't come to let's beef to "meet cool people for friendship and maybe more" I'm absolutely subject to unfair voting.* You actually seem to have a modicum of cognitive ability.* Tell me I'm wrong.
Unread 10-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #5

Rant

Propers for the "Dunning-Kruger" reference. I'm impressed that someone of your ilk is even familiar with that idea. That said, it's not a proper diagnosis given several facts. The first being that I lost 44 of my first 50 battles. So that .550 winning percentage you ridicule is actually something I'm quite proud of given the fact that I've never battled before I joined here. Meaning, essentially, that the fact that my record is even in the positive side of the ledger indicates a very enhanced progression.That fact is amplified by the fact that, unlike the majority of the pussies on here, I don't snipe. I consistently drop open battles with the expressed directive of battling not winning. Secondly, as is well illustrated by the fact that I have 6 battles sitting in purgatory because they can't get enough votes to close, I'm very unpopular here. Had my battles received numerous unbiased fair votes, I contend that my winning percentage would be considerably higher. And, finally, I'd like to bring your attention to my battle with Rai, now open for votes, btw. This is a very telling battle. I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that, in a battle I clearly lost, 2 things are noteworthy. The first being that I conceded my defeat and congratulated rai. If you would retrospectively examine some of my losses that were actually losses, you'll see me go so far as to implore voters to not vote for me. The fact that I have NO issues with admitting when I've lost completely contradicts your dunning-Krueger assertion. Also,* in that Rai battle,* notice how many votes were cast already in a battle dropped less than 24 hours ago. Notice how they pile on when I've clearly lost yet won't come near any battles I've clearly won or are debatable.* How is that my hubris?* These battles shouldn't be popularity contests.* They should be judged on a content based criteria.* Because I don't suck dick in forums or on message boards.* And because I didn't come to let's beef to "meet cool people for friendship and maybe more" I'm absolutely subject to unfair voting.* You actually seem to have a modicum of cognitive ability.* Tell me I'm wrong.

Unread 10-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Shodan
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

@Rant What is your diagnosis for TTG? I am thinking schizotypal personality disorder, presenting with grandiose self-image.

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 10-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #6

Shodan
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1022 text

@Rant What is your diagnosis for TTG? I am thinking schizotypal personality disorder, presenting with grandiose self-image.
Unread 10-25-2017, 02:29 PM
Rant

Diagnosis: Faggot confirmed.
Unread 10-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #7

Rant

Diagnosis: Faggot confirmed.

Unread 10-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Supsie

BABYLON THE MOST MOTHERFUKIN LEGIT MC ON LB, AINT NO ONE FUCKIN WITH THE BABS !
Unread 10-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #8

Supsie

BABYLON THE MOST MOTHERFUKIN LEGIT MC ON LB, AINT NO ONE FUCKIN WITH THE BABS !

Display