Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Nicholas
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
In the past I noticed the majority of people don't care whether the personal is true or not.. It's about how it's presented for a lot of people.
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
Just for the record, I've never seen game of thrones.
I don't think Cek has either because I've watched all of it and didn't know who Aggo was. I googled him and he's an obscure character, I'm guessing he gets mentioned more in the books.
Unread 03-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #11

Nicholas

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
In the past I noticed the majority of people don't care whether the personal is true or not.. It's about how it's presented for a lot of people.
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
Just for the record, I've never seen game of thrones.
I don't think Cek has either because I've watched all of it and didn't know who Aggo was. I googled him and he's an obscure character, I'm guessing he gets mentioned more in the books.

Unread 03-25-2017, 02:32 PM
RhetoriK
Mentioned: 651 Post(s)
Tagged: 47 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 13 Lost
6 1694
Estimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
249 Won / 73 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 2 Lost

An effective personal is a non rebuttle-able bar or verse that applies contextually. Literally to the recipient and figurative enough for the blind witness to grasp the back story. Not necessarily an entendre though.
Unread 03-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #12

RhetoriK
Estimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 13 Lost
6 1694
Estimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
249 Won / 73 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 206 audio / 1221 text

An effective personal is a non rebuttle-able bar or verse that applies contextually. Literally to the recipient and figurative enough for the blind witness to grasp the back story. Not necessarily an entendre though.
Unread 03-25-2017, 10:34 PM
J u s T C J u s T C is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1535 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Felon View Post
Back when I first came on here and the track section was thriving and beefs and disses were a regular, we dug dirt up on each other deep.From facebook to if you googled your opponents name and nothing showed up.We used to do forums with the dirt whatever to degrade the other.Even if you found out someones name and it was a name you knew they wouldn't want people knowing in a battle.I dug deep to find out Mic Checks real name was Frances P***.I used it and then others used it against him.I found out Mugzz name was Everett B****** which I used.But it got to a point when people started using pics of Kids and stuff like that which I feel crosses a personal line.I do believe staff made things from personal Facebooks and stuff like that a bannable offense.I think personals are a good thing to use as long as its not about kids or something of that nature.Fake personals don't hold as much weight.
Man you making me all happy and depressed at the same time with this nostalgia trip. Our beefs and differences aside. Win or lose The track section wouldn't have been HALF as entertaining without the likes of you putting in work. A case of you don't know what you've got till it's gone I guess. Thats 100.

I'm part German myself.

Fuck off, I got work to do.
Unread 03-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #13

J u s T C J u s T C is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 46 audio / 30 text
Mentioned: 1535 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Felon View Post
Back when I first came on here and the track section was thriving and beefs and disses were a regular, we dug dirt up on each other deep.From facebook to if you googled your opponents name and nothing showed up.We used to do forums with the dirt whatever to degrade the other.Even if you found out someones name and it was a name you knew they wouldn't want people knowing in a battle.I dug deep to find out Mic Checks real name was Frances P***.I used it and then others used it against him.I found out Mugzz name was Everett B****** which I used.But it got to a point when people started using pics of Kids and stuff like that which I feel crosses a personal line.I do believe staff made things from personal Facebooks and stuff like that a bannable offense.I think personals are a good thing to use as long as its not about kids or something of that nature.Fake personals don't hold as much weight.
Man you making me all happy and depressed at the same time with this nostalgia trip. Our beefs and differences aside. Win or lose The track section wouldn't have been HALF as entertaining without the likes of you putting in work. A case of you don't know what you've got till it's gone I guess. Thats 100.

I'm part German myself.

Fuck off, I got work to do.
Unread 03-26-2017, 03:33 AM
NostradaVus
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
29 Won / 15 Lost

Some people dont consider them personals(I do), but I think a well done nameplay hits harder than a generic punch that could be used on anyone. Its hard to get that here cuz alot of battles are one person dropping on an open, giving only the person sniping an actual chance at ANY type of real personals.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianapolis Jones View Post
I dont even know yall, but this shit is real af.

respect.
Unread 03-26-2017, 03:33 AM   #14

NostradaVus
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
29 Won / 15 Lost

Voted: 6 audio / 142 text
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Some people dont consider them personals(I do), but I think a well done nameplay hits harder than a generic punch that could be used on anyone. Its hard to get that here cuz alot of battles are one person dropping on an open, giving only the person sniping an actual chance at ANY type of real personals.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianapolis Jones View Post
I dont even know yall, but this shit is real af.

respect.
Unread 03-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

The entire aspect of "personals" is skewed due to the online nature of letsbeef. In person battling almost necessitates the use of personals when there is history between two opponents. On here, though? The large extent of "personals" lies in, 99% of the time, garbage & old nameplay.

The "personal" angle that I love taking is the swift but impactful breakdown of the entire way that your opponent approaches rap. Me & rant did this to each other in our GC battle, and I think that was a perfect example of how online personals should go. Me & rant know shit about each other im sure we wouldnt want the other writing about, and we just didn't. Nothing was spoken, we just know not to be fucking faggots.

This leads me to the fine line with online personals, because I'll also think differently about the line itself if I know that you went through some shady shit to retrieve the personal at hand. Like, im not going to cheer you on for facebook stalking a strangers family for days to try & find an angle to use against him in an online rap battle.

Last edited by Babylon; 03-26-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Unread 03-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #15

Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text

The entire aspect of "personals" is skewed due to the online nature of letsbeef. In person battling almost necessitates the use of personals when there is history between two opponents. On here, though? The large extent of "personals" lies in, 99% of the time, garbage & old nameplay.

The "personal" angle that I love taking is the swift but impactful breakdown of the entire way that your opponent approaches rap. Me & rant did this to each other in our GC battle, and I think that was a perfect example of how online personals should go. Me & rant know shit about each other im sure we wouldnt want the other writing about, and we just didn't. Nothing was spoken, we just know not to be fucking faggots.

This leads me to the fine line with online personals, because I'll also think differently about the line itself if I know that you went through some shady shit to retrieve the personal at hand. Like, im not going to cheer you on for facebook stalking a strangers family for days to try & find an angle to use against him in an online rap battle.

Last edited by Babylon; 03-26-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Unread 03-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylon View Post

Also the line is going to move depending on the person. For example with me personally I wouldn't be mad if someone found my profiles, found out personal info and used it in a rap battle against me (provided links weren't given preferably). So long as "no harm is done" i.e. they don't contact anyone they come across or harass me, or anyone I know in the process.

However for @Celsius it seems that he didn't want anyone to search out any of his social media profiles. Which is absolutely his prerogative and I can totally understand that. But it does pose a difficult question for enforcing any kind of rule.

To me it seems there are two options. Self-policing; simply ask your opponent if they're OK with something being mentioned in a battle. Or, Option 2 making a strict rule that opposes digging up personal information. I would personally prefer option 1 as option 2 is too binary and could take the fun out of the site for battlers that particularly like to use personals.
Unread 03-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #16

Nicholas

Quote:

Also the line is going to move depending on the person. For example with me personally I wouldn't be mad if someone found my profiles, found out personal info and used it in a rap battle against me (provided links weren't given preferably). So long as "no harm is done" i.e. they don't contact anyone they come across or harass me, or anyone I know in the process.

However for @Celsius it seems that he didn't want anyone to search out any of his social media profiles. Which is absolutely his prerogative and I can totally understand that. But it does pose a difficult question for enforcing any kind of rule.

To me it seems there are two options. Self-policing; simply ask your opponent if they're OK with something being mentioned in a battle. Or, Option 2 making a strict rule that opposes digging up personal information. I would personally prefer option 1 as option 2 is too binary and could take the fun out of the site for battlers that particularly like to use personals.

Unread 03-26-2017, 02:56 PM
X
The Boss
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post

One thing I'll point out about social media, if you don't want your personal info exposed, you should set up your privacy settings properly. Most people leave the default settings on Facebook which exposes a lot of your shit publicly.

Not trying to justify it being "ok" to use someones personal info, but there are ways to prevent it from happening in the first place.
Unread 03-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #17

X
The Boss

Voted: 148 audio / 43 text
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post

One thing I'll point out about social media, if you don't want your personal info exposed, you should set up your privacy settings properly. Most people leave the default settings on Facebook which exposes a lot of your shit publicly.

Not trying to justify it being "ok" to use someones personal info, but there are ways to prevent it from happening in the first place.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2017, 07:34 PM
Rant

Quote:

Unread 03-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #18

Rant

Quote:

Unread 03-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
Is the words which Im typed aren't perfuckt?
Unread 03-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #19

Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
Unread 03-26-2017, 07:50 PM
RhetoriK
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 13 Lost
6 1694
Ranked Text Record
249 Won / 73 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Lmao! This.
Unread 03-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #20

RhetoriK
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 13 Lost
6 1694
Ranked Text Record
249 Won / 73 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 206 audio / 1221 text

Quote:
Lmao! This.

Display