Dredd Tha Lead vs Flow Vanity
Style: Written
3 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:26 PM
B U R D E N B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
The Raw Talent
Mentioned: 572 Post(s)
Tagged: 29 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Default SHODAN

Aiight @Shodan, there's something I need to speak 'bout. We've never had issues so miss me w tryna say I'm on some hating shit, this is just real shit. How the fuck did you get in the FVC? I mean straight up. Ever since I returned to the site, your votes are some of the main ones that I continuously shake my head at & I don't even think you've voted against me tbh. It's the off shit you say in your expo & I see you doing it everywhere.

You very recently claimed that my set ups are not relevant to my punchlines. Do you not realize that I have studied the best on the site for years to get where I am now? I do not write rookie shit homie, I know the ins & outs of this text shit. & honestly, making sure everything is as relevant to my main punch as possible is one of the biggest things I focus on & pass down to anyone who asks for my advice. I know what I'm doin dawg so your comments like that got you lookin mad funny & it's something that I feel needs to be brought up considering the major effect your votes have w that high VP.

Again, no hate just bringin light to an issue on the site. On some grown shit, I believe you can jump in here & explain yourself w out it escalating into drama. So lets talk about it.

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #1

B U R D E N B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
The Raw Talent
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 47 audio / 603 text

Default SHODAN

Aiight @Shodan, there's something I need to speak 'bout. We've never had issues so miss me w tryna say I'm on some hating shit, this is just real shit. How the fuck did you get in the FVC? I mean straight up. Ever since I returned to the site, your votes are some of the main ones that I continuously shake my head at & I don't even think you've voted against me tbh. It's the off shit you say in your expo & I see you doing it everywhere.

You very recently claimed that my set ups are not relevant to my punchlines. Do you not realize that I have studied the best on the site for years to get where I am now? I do not write rookie shit homie, I know the ins & outs of this text shit. & honestly, making sure everything is as relevant to my main punch as possible is one of the biggest things I focus on & pass down to anyone who asks for my advice. I know what I'm doin dawg so your comments like that got you lookin mad funny & it's something that I feel needs to be brought up considering the major effect your votes have w that high VP.

Again, no hate just bringin light to an issue on the site. On some grown shit, I believe you can jump in here & explain yourself w out it escalating into drama. So lets talk about it.

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:44 PM
Saii
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I believe it's fair to get his side of things, and to offer us insight on how he breaks down verses.

I can't lie, Shodan's explanations at times can be a bit critical. I've been here a while and I can't recall ever seeing him rate anyone higher than a 6. Also, a good majority of his votes are spent saying what was wrong with what he saw (I believe a well-explained vote sheds light on improvements needed as well as praise for good/decent work).

When people send me bars to critique or judge, I have to tell them over and over to make sure the wording is perfect because some voters will discredit your whole bar or verse because of one word being off. Even if the punchline is dope conceptually, if it's not worded perfectly then they won't give you credit. I was talking about Shodan lol although it makes you write better and more precise, it's still a sucky truth that you really could write a dope bar and because of one word or term not fitting like he thinks it should, it might destroy your whole verse's chances of standing up to your opponent's.

So, all in all I think his critical fashion of voting helps you write better, but I also understand the frustration behind the way his votes come off to people. There are lot of people who feel this way about Sho.
Unread 05-07-2019, 09:44 PM   #2

Saii

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

I believe it's fair to get his side of things, and to offer us insight on how he breaks down verses.

I can't lie, Shodan's explanations at times can be a bit critical. I've been here a while and I can't recall ever seeing him rate anyone higher than a 6. Also, a good majority of his votes are spent saying what was wrong with what he saw (I believe a well-explained vote sheds light on improvements needed as well as praise for good/decent work).

When people send me bars to critique or judge, I have to tell them over and over to make sure the wording is perfect because some voters will discredit your whole bar or verse because of one word being off. Even if the punchline is dope conceptually, if it's not worded perfectly then they won't give you credit. I was talking about Shodan lol although it makes you write better and more precise, it's still a sucky truth that you really could write a dope bar and because of one word or term not fitting like he thinks it should, it might destroy your whole verse's chances of standing up to your opponent's.

So, all in all I think his critical fashion of voting helps you write better, but I also understand the frustration behind the way his votes come off to people. There are lot of people who feel this way about Sho.

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:59 PM
The Raw Talent
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil View Post

Oh I fuck w the way he doesn't sugarcoat shit, like you said it'll help in more ways than not for most members on here. The issue I have w his voting is that I'm always seeing his expo's not match up to what I see in the battles he votes on. I know I'm only 1 dude w my own opinion & ways of seeing shit but I'm no amateur to what's going on w this battling shit & feel that I can break down a verse pretty well. It's like sayin someone's multis are completely broken when they're solid or saying there's no set ups at all to someone's verse when their set ups are nearly as strong as the punch.

Shit just isn't matching up imo.

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #3

The Raw Talent
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:

Oh I fuck w the way he doesn't sugarcoat shit, like you said it'll help in more ways than not for most members on here. The issue I have w his voting is that I'm always seeing his expo's not match up to what I see in the battles he votes on. I know I'm only 1 dude w my own opinion & ways of seeing shit but I'm no amateur to what's going on w this battling shit & feel that I can break down a verse pretty well. It's like sayin someone's multis are completely broken when they're solid or saying there's no set ups at all to someone's verse when their set ups are nearly as strong as the punch.

Shit just isn't matching up imo.
Unread 05-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Shodan
Mentioned: 1225 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURDENS View Post
How the fuck did you get in the FVC?

Quote:
I mean straight up. Ever since I returned to the site, your votes are some of the main ones that I continuously shake my head at & I don't even think you've voted against me tbh. It's the off shit you say in your expo & I see you doing it everywhere.
Do you know who tells me things like this? Dunning-Kruger bubble residents who don't have enough foundational knowledge to tell a good text battle bar from a bad one. I have never once gotten a complaint like this from someone who has won a bracket tournament. My memory isn't perfect, though, so if you've won a bracket tournament and have complained about my votes in the past - then by all means, step up to the table. I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
You very recently claimed that my set ups are not relevant to my punchlines. Do you not realize that I have studied the best on the site for years to get where I am now?
I've spent years listening to hard rock, therefore I can do riffs like Eddie van Halen.

Quote:
I do not write rookie shit homie, I know the ins & outs of this text shit.
this is a straight up lie

Quote:
& honestly, making sure everything is as relevant to my main punch as possible is one of the biggest things I focus on & pass down to anyone who asks for my advice.
If we're just limiting the discussion to the battle you're presumably complaining about my vote on, the recent one with guts, then explain how this is supposed to work:

"I'm 'Lookin Fo Meals' w a black MASK & MORE THAT'S NEW fo a TASK TO SCORE A FEW, hed only 'Produce enuf to Leave w da Chicken' while runnin FAST IN DOORS W CLUES of JACKIN STORES FOR FOOD!"

You're clearly obsessed with my expos, so surely you've read where I've derided people for using "2014-style execution" where a wordplay only works if you read it one way. "He'd only produce enough to leave with the chicken," okay, that makes sense as a phrase, but then read it the other way. "He'd only produce [PRO-deuce] enough"... nah bro. If you don't see what I'm talking about, substitute produce with another noun, like GROCERY. Then you'd have "He'd only grocery enough to leave with the chicken" - do you understand now why this is a reach?

And as for the part about this bar not having a relevant setup, think about this. You mentioned something about him leaving with the chicken. But NOTHING in the rest of the bar had ANYTHING to do with chicken, and if chicken is being used in some metaphorical or colloquial sense here, then I didn't catch it. Please... enlighten me.

Quote:
I know what I'm doin dawg so your comments like that got you lookin mad funny & it's something that I feel needs to be brought up considering the major effect your votes have w that high VP.

Yeah uh huh... I'll explain myself when you explain what this is supposed to mean:

How he a Monster who's FIRST IN YO LIST when there's 'No Stories' bout him LURKIN-TO-GET every PERSON-WHO-LIVES the way we 'Hopin To See A Beast' that 'Hasn't Been Seen' it's like WORKIN CLOSE SHIFTS while SEARCHIN FO MYTHS!

If you're looking for a beast that hasn't been seen, you'd search for a mythological creature, not a myth. What is a close shift? I've never heard that term. It sounds to me like you're just putting in words to make shit rhyme.

I know this all sounds needlessly hateful, but the problem here isn't my voting. It's you writing shit that doesn't make perfect sense, or in some cases doesn't even make a lick of sense, and then calling me out for circling it in red ink.

The one thing I will admit you're right about criticizing me for is that I sometimes make blanket criticisms when they only apply to some of the stuff I'm seemingly talking about. Like, the tuck and bear arms / tuck in bare arms line made perfect sense, even though it wasn't executed how I'd have liked it to be. But I don't have the time nor the desire to write out every. single. little. nuance. of what I see when I read a battle verse. Nobody does. You could write a fucking 50 page thesis about almost any battle verse in history, that doesn't mean that people DO. I say what I think needs to be said and then move onto the next battle. I'm not perfect. But I damn well do not pull punches when I see garbage.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm not going to apologize for giving people low ratings. I want to "keep room at the top" so there are clearly recognizable gradations in quality between verses with a 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10, just like with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. The thing is that very few people can consistently write verses at above what I consider a 6. Almost nobody, or maybe nobody at all, can consistently write what I would consider an 8 or higher. But these kind of verses DO occasionally appear, and when they do, I can mark them with ranks that aren't inflated.

I agree that I'm overly critical, not in the sense that I don't pull my punches as much as I should, but in that I'm wont to bash negatives without praising positives (when they are present) or giving advice (when the person can clearly benefit from it). And much of the reason that I'm like this is because I simply get more kicks out of mocking people for writing trash. I don't know. I can't defend this habit of mine. I guess it's something for me to work on in the future.

There are other voters who see shitty bars and have the same angry gut-reaction I do. @Rieper might not be eager to admit it, but he sees things the same way I do most of the time. The difference is that he's not nearly as caustic in pointing them out, and sometimes he doesn't even point it out at all whereas I would have spent a whole paragraph riffing on it. @Edgeworth also. Riep, Edge, and Sho are like the holy trinity of hating on bad bars. I'm just the guy with the megaphone.

I recognize a clever concept even when it's executed awfully. In my opinion, that's just MORE reason to attack the bad execution, not less. Someone who writes a dope concept has shown that they have the ability to write a dope concept, which is an uncommon talent, not something that you can be taught or learn just through practice. That talent needs to be forged into the ability to write an actually solid verse, and learning how to execute a bar well IS something that almost everyone can learn through teaching and practice. Letting badly executed fire off the hook is wasting our best stock.

How I break down verses, well, that's as easy for me to explain as it is for me to explain how I'm typing this sentence. It's a process that I do without even really thinking about what I'm doing or how. Easy as breathing. I see a bad bar, my mental bad-bar-radar goes off. That's not something I can Vulcan-mind-meld into your brain.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #4

Shodan
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1022 text

Quote:
How the fuck did you get in the FVC?

Quote:
I mean straight up. Ever since I returned to the site, your votes are some of the main ones that I continuously shake my head at & I don't even think you've voted against me tbh. It's the off shit you say in your expo & I see you doing it everywhere.
Do you know who tells me things like this? Dunning-Kruger bubble residents who don't have enough foundational knowledge to tell a good text battle bar from a bad one. I have never once gotten a complaint like this from someone who has won a bracket tournament. My memory isn't perfect, though, so if you've won a bracket tournament and have complained about my votes in the past - then by all means, step up to the table. I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
You very recently claimed that my set ups are not relevant to my punchlines. Do you not realize that I have studied the best on the site for years to get where I am now?
I've spent years listening to hard rock, therefore I can do riffs like Eddie van Halen.

Quote:
I do not write rookie shit homie, I know the ins & outs of this text shit.
this is a straight up lie

Quote:
& honestly, making sure everything is as relevant to my main punch as possible is one of the biggest things I focus on & pass down to anyone who asks for my advice.
If we're just limiting the discussion to the battle you're presumably complaining about my vote on, the recent one with guts, then explain how this is supposed to work:

"I'm 'Lookin Fo Meals' w a black MASK & MORE THAT'S NEW fo a TASK TO SCORE A FEW, hed only 'Produce enuf to Leave w da Chicken' while runnin FAST IN DOORS W CLUES of JACKIN STORES FOR FOOD!"

You're clearly obsessed with my expos, so surely you've read where I've derided people for using "2014-style execution" where a wordplay only works if you read it one way. "He'd only produce enough to leave with the chicken," okay, that makes sense as a phrase, but then read it the other way. "He'd only produce [PRO-deuce] enough"... nah bro. If you don't see what I'm talking about, substitute produce with another noun, like GROCERY. Then you'd have "He'd only grocery enough to leave with the chicken" - do you understand now why this is a reach?

And as for the part about this bar not having a relevant setup, think about this. You mentioned something about him leaving with the chicken. But NOTHING in the rest of the bar had ANYTHING to do with chicken, and if chicken is being used in some metaphorical or colloquial sense here, then I didn't catch it. Please... enlighten me.

Quote:
I know what I'm doin dawg so your comments like that got you lookin mad funny & it's something that I feel needs to be brought up considering the major effect your votes have w that high VP.

Yeah uh huh... I'll explain myself when you explain what this is supposed to mean:

How he a Monster who's FIRST IN YO LIST when there's 'No Stories' bout him LURKIN-TO-GET every PERSON-WHO-LIVES the way we 'Hopin To See A Beast' that 'Hasn't Been Seen' it's like WORKIN CLOSE SHIFTS while SEARCHIN FO MYTHS!

If you're looking for a beast that hasn't been seen, you'd search for a mythological creature, not a myth. What is a close shift? I've never heard that term. It sounds to me like you're just putting in words to make shit rhyme.

I know this all sounds needlessly hateful, but the problem here isn't my voting. It's you writing shit that doesn't make perfect sense, or in some cases doesn't even make a lick of sense, and then calling me out for circling it in red ink.

The one thing I will admit you're right about criticizing me for is that I sometimes make blanket criticisms when they only apply to some of the stuff I'm seemingly talking about. Like, the tuck and bear arms / tuck in bare arms line made perfect sense, even though it wasn't executed how I'd have liked it to be. But I don't have the time nor the desire to write out every. single. little. nuance. of what I see when I read a battle verse. Nobody does. You could write a fucking 50 page thesis about almost any battle verse in history, that doesn't mean that people DO. I say what I think needs to be said and then move onto the next battle. I'm not perfect. But I damn well do not pull punches when I see garbage.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm not going to apologize for giving people low ratings. I want to "keep room at the top" so there are clearly recognizable gradations in quality between verses with a 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10, just like with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. The thing is that very few people can consistently write verses at above what I consider a 6. Almost nobody, or maybe nobody at all, can consistently write what I would consider an 8 or higher. But these kind of verses DO occasionally appear, and when they do, I can mark them with ranks that aren't inflated.

I agree that I'm overly critical, not in the sense that I don't pull my punches as much as I should, but in that I'm wont to bash negatives without praising positives (when they are present) or giving advice (when the person can clearly benefit from it). And much of the reason that I'm like this is because I simply get more kicks out of mocking people for writing trash. I don't know. I can't defend this habit of mine. I guess it's something for me to work on in the future.

There are other voters who see shitty bars and have the same angry gut-reaction I do. @Rieper might not be eager to admit it, but he sees things the same way I do most of the time. The difference is that he's not nearly as caustic in pointing them out, and sometimes he doesn't even point it out at all whereas I would have spent a whole paragraph riffing on it. @Edgeworth also. Riep, Edge, and Sho are like the holy trinity of hating on bad bars. I'm just the guy with the megaphone.

I recognize a clever concept even when it's executed awfully. In my opinion, that's just MORE reason to attack the bad execution, not less. Someone who writes a dope concept has shown that they have the ability to write a dope concept, which is an uncommon talent, not something that you can be taught or learn just through practice. That talent needs to be forged into the ability to write an actually solid verse, and learning how to execute a bar well IS something that almost everyone can learn through teaching and practice. Letting badly executed fire off the hook is wasting our best stock.

How I break down verses, well, that's as easy for me to explain as it is for me to explain how I'm typing this sentence. It's a process that I do without even really thinking about what I'm doing or how. Easy as breathing. I see a bad bar, my mental bad-bar-radar goes off. That's not something I can Vulcan-mind-meld into your brain.
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:40 PM
The Raw Talent
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Honestly I kind of like doin my own thing in some ways as far as my writing. I know people are big on wordplay going both ways, which I am too but some times I'm not going for that. Example - the Produce bar. I was just going for a big picture idea as in things at a store, produce being one of them. Then my set up of 'Looking for a meal' & leaving w that chicken. I just do things a little different. I get that it could have been executed better & all that but I think you sometimes don't consider other people's way of writing, you just base everything off of how YOU would write it & that's not a good look imo. Not everyone should have to sound like you for you to think it's a good bar, nahmean? You may not think so but there is a big difference in what I can write & what an amateur on here can.

Working close shifts - back to back shifts, close together.
A myth can be a person or thing, it's not only just a story/folk tale

Idk man, I guess we see things differently & that's fine. We obviously have 2 completely different writing styles.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I think you overlook things that people write because it's not written in your style, so because of that you're quick to downgrade what they're capable of.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:40 PM   #5

The Raw Talent
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Honestly I kind of like doin my own thing in some ways as far as my writing. I know people are big on wordplay going both ways, which I am too but some times I'm not going for that. Example - the Produce bar. I was just going for a big picture idea as in things at a store, produce being one of them. Then my set up of 'Looking for a meal' & leaving w that chicken. I just do things a little different. I get that it could have been executed better & all that but I think you sometimes don't consider other people's way of writing, you just base everything off of how YOU would write it & that's not a good look imo. Not everyone should have to sound like you for you to think it's a good bar, nahmean? You may not think so but there is a big difference in what I can write & what an amateur on here can.

Idk man, I guess we see things differently & that's fine. We obviously have 2 completely different writing styles.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I think you overlook things that people write because it's not written in your style, so because of that you're quick to downgrade what they're capable of.
Unread 05-07-2019, 10:41 PM
Shodan
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Quote:

You've got me there. I have a very specific idea of how bars should (in most cases) be written, and if someone deviates from that style in a battle, I feel that I have no choice but to rip into that if I vote on that battle.

But on the other hand... if you vote on something, you have to have some sort of quality standards. I can't just say that everything which is kind of clever or aggressive is acceptable. If that leads other people to see me as a rigid little ice-bitch who tries to force everything into the same box, then so be it.

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #6

Shodan
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1022 text

Quote:

You've got me there. I have a very specific idea of how bars should (in most cases) be written, and if someone deviates from that style in a battle, I feel that I have no choice but to rip into that if I vote on that battle.

But on the other hand... if you vote on something, you have to have some sort of quality standards. I can't just say that everything which is kind of clever or aggressive is acceptable. If that leads other people to see me as a rigid little ice-bitch who tries to force everything into the same box, then so be it.
Unread 05-08-2019, 12:58 AM
Saii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post

And since nobody else has asked you, I guess I will.

What's up with the avi? I remember you getting on my ass about one of mine being too bright at one point lol you don't think "God Hates Fags" is a bit much??
Unread 05-08-2019, 12:58 AM   #7

Saii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post

What's up with the avi? I remember you getting on my ass about one of mine being too bright at one point lol you don't think "God Hates Fags" is a bit much??

Unread 05-08-2019, 04:45 AM
Lord Briyof
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:

I dont know who SHODAN is 'n cant speak on his voting history. However, those lines were incoherent 'n stretched out. Id give them 6s.

AND that avys funny as hell. God bless Westboro Baptist Church lol What the fuck does this have to do with his votes anyway?
Unread 05-08-2019, 04:45 AM   #8

Lord Briyof
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 4 text
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:

I dont know who SHODAN is 'n cant speak on his voting history. However, those lines were incoherent 'n stretched out. Id give them 6s.

AND that avys funny as hell. God bless Westboro Baptist Church lol What the fuck does this have to do with his votes anyway?
Unread 05-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Punk

Tbh Letsbeef has always been the worst at understanding set ups. Ive read votes in the past where dudes would claim there’s hella filler in a verse when some of the shit CLEARLY makes sense with the punch. Letsbeef is lousy when it comes to reading and understanding bars so I understand @BURDENS complaint.

Edit: I haven’t read @Shodans defence yet so don’t bash my first response.

Last edited by Rowdy; 05-08-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Unread 05-08-2019, 08:04 AM   #9

Punk

Tbh Letsbeef has always been the worst at understanding set ups. Ive read votes in the past where dudes would claim there’s hella filler in a verse when some of the shit CLEARLY makes sense with the punch. Letsbeef is lousy when it comes to reading and understanding bars so I understand @BURDENS complaint.

Last edited by Rowdy; 05-08-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Unread 05-08-2019, 01:05 PM
The Raw Talent
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Briyof View Post
However, those lines were incoherent 'n stretched out. Id give them 6s.
Aren't you like a week into the site? Your opinion on quality of bars is irrelevant yo. Just being honest.

Just because I'm able to think of more than 2 sets of multis for a bar, doesn't make it stretched out.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Prince View Post

It's more of an observation than a complaint, I mean the dude voted FOR ME in the battle I'm speaking 'bout.

Unread 05-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #10

The Raw Talent
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Briyof View Post
However, those lines were incoherent 'n stretched out. Id give them 6s.
Aren't you like a week into the site? Your opinion on quality of bars is irrelevant yo. Just being honest.

Just because I'm able to think of more than 2 sets of multis for a bar, doesn't make it stretched out.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Prince View Post

It's more of an observation than a complaint, I mean the dude voted FOR ME in the battle I'm speaking 'bout.

Display