Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-22-2018, 01:55 AM
D3FIANCE
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniC 801 View Post
battling on a phone you have got to be kidding me.
the quality would drop even more. that's the worst idea i have ever heard and i keep hearing it. if the stupid text battlers would grow some balls and buy a 25 dollar headset !
there would be alot more activity
I would've agreed with you 5 years ago, Phone recording quality has gotten better, and it's not only about the quality it's about being able to battle on the go, and if you really wanted better quality you could connect your headset to the phone.
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:55 AM   #21

D3FIANCE

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
the quality would drop even more. that's the worst idea i have ever heard and i keep hearing it. if the stupid text battlers would grow some balls and buy a 25 dollar headset !
I would've agreed with you 5 years ago, Phone recording quality has gotten better, and it's not only about the quality it's about being able to battle on the go, and if you really wanted better quality you could connect your headset to the phone.

Unread 12-22-2018, 02:03 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling/ leaving comments good or bad its there opinion/ taking that away is retarded i've never reported a single hate vote to the mods in my ten plus years of being on this site. just a bunch of bitches if you ask me! the system has been broken from the start!!!time for change!!!
added your idea

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMDUB View Post
I agree with @Rieper. I've also notice a lot of people leave the site do to votes being swayed also lack of compassion to write more. The site turned into a pissing competition and shit talking instead of actual rap or lyricism. We should focus more on becoming better artists/battle rappers. Heres a thought.....I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. Just a thought.... Oh and one last thing that i want to add. I was talking to @captain gutpunch about group writing. Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. In any songwriting class they will encourage you to get multiple opinions on your material. Group writing helps inspire other writers and trains you to look out side the box. Approach your writing from a different angle.
added

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote:
i really appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback, but try to remember this post is all about uniting. keep it real fam

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
They just made the emcee shop, for people to drop their credits into... also Mindless made a poll a while ago regarding credit resets, and people voted no.

We don't need the owners to make the site better, we can do that with activity. I agree with OP but its not like they are new suggestions, this conversation had occurred many times. It's just kinda up to us to make the best of it, until the owners drop the mobile app... (i know its been promised for time, but really, what else can we do but wait, other than leave. We seem to enjoy it enough to log in everyday as is).

I'll be voting more often, as I did in the past.

Just my two cents...
i feel it seul. so what you're saying is that it's not just about what the site can do for us, it's about what he can do for the site. you heard it from the man himself, let's get more active. i wanna see everyone vote on at least 2 battles per day. shouldn't take no time from your hands.
Unread 12-22-2018, 02:03 AM   #22

joan of arc

Quote:
there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling/ leaving comments good or bad its there opinion/ taking that away is retarded i've never reported a single hate vote to the mods in my ten plus years of being on this site. just a bunch of bitches if you ask me! the system has been broken from the start!!!time for change!!!
added your idea

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMDUB View Post
I agree with @Rieper. I've also notice a lot of people leave the site do to votes being swayed also lack of compassion to write more. The site turned into a pissing competition and shit talking instead of actual rap or lyricism. We should focus more on becoming better artists/battle rappers. Heres a thought.....I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. Just a thought.... Oh and one last thing that i want to add. I was talking to @captain gutpunch about group writing. Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. In any songwriting class they will encourage you to get multiple opinions on your material. Group writing helps inspire other writers and trains you to look out side the box. Approach your writing from a different angle.
added

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote:
i really appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback, but try to remember this post is all about uniting. keep it real fam

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
They just made the emcee shop, for people to drop their credits into... also Mindless made a poll a while ago regarding credit resets, and people voted no.

We don't need the owners to make the site better, we can do that with activity. I agree with OP but its not like they are new suggestions, this conversation had occurred many times. It's just kinda up to us to make the best of it, until the owners drop the mobile app... (i know its been promised for time, but really, what else can we do but wait, other than leave. We seem to enjoy it enough to log in everyday as is).

I'll be voting more often, as I did in the past.

Just my two cents...
i feel it seul. so what you're saying is that it's not just about what the site can do for us, it's about what he can do for the site. you heard it from the man himself, let's get more active. i wanna see everyone vote on at least 2 battles per day. shouldn't take no time from your hands.

Unread 12-22-2018, 02:05 AM
Mech

All real nice ideas gents. Best I can do is vote on more battles despite the fact that it puts you up for ridicule and hate/homie votes. Why not hide all votes like in tourneys? I dunno.

I don’t unite... I fight! Haha
Unread 12-22-2018, 02:05 AM   #23

Mech

All real nice ideas gents. Best I can do is vote on more battles despite the fact that it puts you up for ridicule and hate/homie votes. Why not hide all votes like in tourneys? I dunno.

Unread 12-22-2018, 02:48 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech View Post

loving the feedback y'all and i'll add you to the co-sign on voting more. also as far as your hide tourn votes, i'll add that too.

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Quote:

and we're all united now homie like it or not haha

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
No one listens to anyone on this site tbh. The way it’s dying is slightly funny just based off of how serious the owners take it. No activity, no interaction, no updates for the members, etc. Hell I might as well delete my account too.
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...=132742&page=6
how about this instead homie. loved what i saw here.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

yo jreddy shared a couple old threads with me.
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...693#post961693

this being one of them. i think it'd be a great idea starting next year to be the year of crew battles, and get people feelin pride and wanting to battle.

what ya'll think?

also another great idea in there i saw and in the punk thread was an interview series where lb members such as @Edgeworth would get interviewed and it could be shared with the site via forum.
Unread 12-22-2018, 02:48 AM   #24

joan of arc

Quote:

loving the feedback y'all and i'll add you to the co-sign on voting more. also as far as your hide tourn votes, i'll add that too.

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Quote:

and we're all united now homie like it or not haha

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
No one listens to anyone on this site tbh. The way it’s dying is slightly funny just based off of how serious the owners take it. No activity, no interaction, no updates for the members, etc. Hell I might as well delete my account too.
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...=132742&page=6
how about this instead homie. loved what i saw here.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

yo jreddy shared a couple old threads with me.
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...693#post961693

this being one of them. i think it'd be a great idea starting next year to be the year of crew battles, and get people feelin pride and wanting to battle.

what ya'll think?

also another great idea in there i saw and in the punk thread was an interview series where lb members such as @Edgeworth would get interviewed and it could be shared with the site via forum.

Unread 12-22-2018, 02:54 AM
AllCreating

Alright, so the mobile app is most likely the best idea possible at the moment. The majority of people in today’s time have hand held phones and need a platform to battle rap, as it stands this website is not very user friendly for phones, believe me, it’s a headache in itself just trying to navigate through.

If I’m being brutally honest this site has died and a mobile app would be the best bet of reviving it there’s a whole other market out there just waiting to be capitalised on. You gotta invest money to make money back that’s business 1 o 1. I first joined this site back in 2011 and NOTHING has changed. Everything has remained the same so the real question is what brings people back? The love of writing/battling is what brought me back, but that simply isn’t enough for some people and with a community as dead of this it could go stale, fast.

Now I’m gonna stop bitching and drop some ideas. I think the emcee system has to go, I’ve never been a fan of it and I think it’s corny and just too grindy but that’s just my opinion, the credits should be a way of promoting yourself, for example 100 credits can have your song featured at the front page for a day, real insentive, I’ve got better things to do than spend virtual credits on virtual items of clothing, it’s outdated. I also think there needs to be more sub forums, there’s a lack in different forums for people to talk about things, what better way to expand the community. I think the main thing though is a revamp/app, this website although it doesn’t look too bad it’s been the same for too long, and in terms of modern websites doesn’t really hold up in terms of aesthetics, there’s too much going on, simplicity is key for new comers.

It’s all fun saying this but will it happen? Sorry but if history repeats itself this will just be another forum post of many where nothing comes of it. I’m not even mad, like somebody said before it’s actually bit of a joke at this point.
Unread 12-22-2018, 02:54 AM   #25

AllCreating

Alright, so the mobile app is most likely the best idea possible at the moment. The majority of people in today’s time have hand held phones and need a platform to battle rap, as it stands this website is not very user friendly for phones, believe me, it’s a headache in itself just trying to navigate through.

If I’m being brutally honest this site has died and a mobile app would be the best bet of reviving it there’s a whole other market out there just waiting to be capitalised on. You gotta invest money to make money back that’s business 1 o 1. I first joined this site back in 2011 and NOTHING has changed. Everything has remained the same so the real question is what brings people back? The love of writing/battling is what brought me back, but that simply isn’t enough for some people and with a community as dead of this it could go stale, fast.

Now I’m gonna stop bitching and drop some ideas. I think the emcee system has to go, I’ve never been a fan of it and I think it’s corny and just too grindy but that’s just my opinion, the credits should be a way of promoting yourself, for example 100 credits can have your song featured at the front page for a day, real insentive, I’ve got better things to do than spend virtual credits on virtual items of clothing, it’s outdated. I also think there needs to be more sub forums, there’s a lack in different forums for people to talk about things, what better way to expand the community. I think the main thing though is a revamp/app, this website although it doesn’t look too bad it’s been the same for too long, and in terms of modern websites doesn’t really hold up in terms of aesthetics, there’s too much going on, simplicity is key for new comers.

It’s all fun saying this but will it happen? Sorry but if history repeats itself this will just be another forum post of many where nothing comes of it. I’m not even mad, like somebody said before it’s actually bit of a joke at this point.

Unread 12-22-2018, 03:21 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Omnific View Post

i love all the feedback. i think you and @D3FIANCE are def right about the mobile thing. i can say that i somewhat agree about the emcee system being a bit corny. and if anything a grind that most people don't even care about.

and a far as this just being another post? it might be. but i promise you i'm going to push this on every damn cat i see. "sorry to bother you but..."

once again thank you for all your feedback. i'm going to add all your ideas now.
Unread 12-22-2018, 03:21 AM   #26

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Omnific View Post

i love all the feedback. i think you and @D3FIANCE are def right about the mobile thing. i can say that i somewhat agree about the emcee system being a bit corny. and if anything a grind that most people don't even care about.

and a far as this just being another post? it might be. but i promise you i'm going to push this on every damn cat i see. "sorry to bother you but..."

once again thank you for all your feedback. i'm going to add all your ideas now.

Unread 12-22-2018, 03:24 AM
EtH

V4 is coming guys.
Unread 12-22-2018, 03:24 AM   #27

EtH

V4 is coming guys.

Unread 12-22-2018, 03:31 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnEtHiCaL View Post
V4 is coming guys.
v4?
Unread 12-22-2018, 03:31 AM   #28

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnEtHiCaL View Post
V4 is coming guys.
v4?

Unread 12-22-2018, 04:46 AM
AllCreating

He means version 4 of the website. Bullshit. All you have to do is take a peep into my old forum posts from 2014 and people said the same thing, “V4 is coming soon”, get the fuck outta here.
Unread 12-22-2018, 04:46 AM   #29

AllCreating

He means version 4 of the website. Bullshit. All you have to do is take a peep into my old forum posts from 2014 and people said the same thing, “V4 is coming soon”, get the fuck outta here.

Unread 12-22-2018, 04:55 AM
EtH

2014, cute.
Unread 12-22-2018, 04:55 AM   #30

EtH

2014, cute.

Tags