Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-21-2018, 10:54 PM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Super frequent credit resets is dumb, imo. Monthly MIGHT be ok but anything more frequent is pretty ridiculous. Just cause I don’t feel like battling that week means all my credits go to waste? You realize this would actually be a disincentive for someone to vote right? If they don’t plan to battle that week they have no reason to vote on anything from a credit standpoint.

As someone who votes on nearly every open text battle this month (Sure, I’ve skipped my share of Bnas battles) I don’t really know what the solution is besides for people to just vote more. I don’t find it very hard to vote and a short but explained expo takes like a minute or less after reading the battle. It takes way longer to post in a thread about this than it does to vote on a handful of battles.
yeah i see your point. i agree it's hard to find a way to get people motivated to vote. does anyone have any idea on how to get the old cats to come back and make contributions? and can we get some mods to give their thoughts @Aggo @Seul @Student
Unread 12-21-2018, 10:54 PM   #11

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Super frequent credit resets is dumb, imo. Monthly MIGHT be ok but anything more frequent is pretty ridiculous. Just cause I don’t feel like battling that week means all my credits go to waste? You realize this would actually be a disincentive for someone to vote right? If they don’t plan to battle that week they have no reason to vote on anything from a credit standpoint.

As someone who votes on nearly every open text battle this month (Sure, I’ve skipped my share of Bnas battles) I don’t really know what the solution is besides for people to just vote more. I don’t find it very hard to vote and a short but explained expo takes like a minute or less after reading the battle. It takes way longer to post in a thread about this than it does to vote on a handful of battles.
yeah i see your point. i agree it's hard to find a way to get people motivated to vote. does anyone have any idea on how to get the old cats to come back and make contributions? and can we get some mods to give their thoughts @Aggo @Seul @Student

Unread 12-22-2018, 12:16 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
real money for emcee items would be hella dumb. emcee items add incentive for credits, thus incentive for voting... personally I haven't felt like battling but I've certainly done my fair share of contributing with graphics
yeah tyrant i got love for all you do for everyone here. nothing but respect. but if i were to say anything, it'd be that i wish even you would vote more often. but honestly you're one of the more active cats our here so much love.
as far as money goes, think of fortnite. people play the game for fun and buy the clothes with real money. i dont really think people stack credits for clothes.

maybe updating the site and adding way more shit to wear and buy and reducing prices could work.
Unread 12-22-2018, 12:16 AM   #12

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
real money for emcee items would be hella dumb. emcee items add incentive for credits, thus incentive for voting... personally I haven't felt like battling but I've certainly done my fair share of contributing with graphics
yeah tyrant i got love for all you do for everyone here. nothing but respect. but if i were to say anything, it'd be that i wish even you would vote more often. but honestly you're one of the more active cats our here so much love.
as far as money goes, think of fortnite. people play the game for fun and buy the clothes with real money. i dont really think people stack credits for clothes.

maybe updating the site and adding way more shit to wear and buy and reducing prices could work.

Unread 12-22-2018, 12:55 AM
D3FIANCE

These are all great ideas, but I feel there'll be alot more activity once the site makes battling compatible w/ your phone.
Unread 12-22-2018, 12:55 AM   #13

D3FIANCE

These are all great ideas, but I feel there'll be alot more activity once the site makes battling compatible w/ your phone.

Unread 12-22-2018, 01:04 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3FIANCE View Post
i feel it homie. alright i'll add that. thank you for your feedback man.
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:04 AM   #14

joan of arc

Quote:
i feel it homie. alright i'll add that. thank you for your feedback man.

Unread 12-22-2018, 01:10 AM
Locchart

For starters, the actual owners of the site have to show they care enough to make changes to make their own product more interesting and user-friendly, which is something that has been a recurring failure of the site ownership for about a decade now. If they don't care, with them being the owners, then the people who are the customers are going to respond with the same apathy.
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:10 AM   #15

Locchart

For starters, the actual owners of the site have to show they care enough to make changes to make their own product more interesting and user-friendly, which is something that has been a recurring failure of the site ownership for about a decade now. If they don't care, with them being the owners, then the people who are the customers are going to respond with the same apathy.

Unread 12-22-2018, 01:33 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
yeah so what you're saying is you think we need to inspire the owners to get more involved? hell yeah fam good idea. putting it down
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:33 AM   #16

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
yeah so what you're saying is you think we need to inspire the owners to get more involved? hell yeah fam good idea. putting it down

Unread 12-22-2018, 01:43 AM
ToniC 801
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
84 Won / 79 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling/ leaving comments good or bad its there opinion/ taking that away is retarded i've never reported a single hate vote to the mods in my ten plus years of being on this site. just a bunch of bitches if you ask me! the system has been broken from the start!!!time for change!!!
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:43 AM   #17

ToniC 801
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.29/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
84 Won / 79 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 397 audio / 18 text

there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling/ leaving comments good or bad its there opinion/ taking that away is retarded i've never reported a single hate vote to the mods in my ten plus years of being on this site. just a bunch of bitches if you ask me! the system has been broken from the start!!!time for change!!!
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:43 AM
BizzyOne
Scheme Champion
Discord Battler
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 14 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

I agree with @Rieper. I've also notice a lot of people leave the site do to votes being swayed also lack of compassion to write more. The site turned into a pissing competition and shit talking instead of actual rap or lyricism. We should focus more on becoming better artists/battle rappers. Heres a thought.....I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. Just a thought.... Oh and one last thing that i want to add. I was talking to @captain gutpunch about group writing. Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. In any songwriting class they will encourage you to get multiple opinions on your material. Group writing helps inspire other writers and trains you to look out side the box. Approach your writing from a different angle. WE ALL SUPPOSE TO SHARE OUR WORK TO SEE THE DIFFERENT ANGLES WE COME UP WITH.

Last edited by BizzyOne; 12-22-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:43 AM   #18

BizzyOne
Scheme Champion
Discord Battler
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.65/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 14 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 19 audio / 214 text
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

I agree with @Rieper. I've also notice a lot of people leave the site do to votes being swayed also lack of compassion to write more. The site turned into a pissing competition and shit talking instead of actual rap or lyricism. We should focus more on becoming better artists/battle rappers. Heres a thought.....I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. Just a thought.... Oh and one last thing that i want to add. I was talking to @captain gutpunch about group writing. Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. In any songwriting class they will encourage you to get multiple opinions on your material. Group writing helps inspire other writers and trains you to look out side the box. Approach your writing from a different angle. WE ALL SUPPOSE TO SHARE OUR WORK TO SEE THE DIFFERENT ANGLES WE COME UP WITH.

Last edited by BizzyOne; 12-22-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:46 AM
ToniC 801
Ranked Audio Record
84 Won / 79 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
battling on a phone you have got to be kidding me.
the quality would drop even more. that's the worst idea i have ever heard and i keep hearing it. if the stupid text battlers would grow some balls and buy a 25 dollar headset !
there would be alot more activity
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:46 AM   #19

ToniC 801
Ranked Audio Record
84 Won / 79 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 397 audio / 18 text

Quote:
battling on a phone you have got to be kidding me.
the quality would drop even more. that's the worst idea i have ever heard and i keep hearing it. if the stupid text battlers would grow some balls and buy a 25 dollar headset !
there would be alot more activity
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:47 AM
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

They just made the emcee shop, for people to drop their credits into... also Mindless made a poll a while ago regarding credit resets, and people voted no.

We don't need the owners to make the site better, we can do that with activity. I agree with OP but its not like they are new suggestions, this conversation had occurred many times. It's just kinda up to us to make the best of it, until the owners drop the mobile app... (i know its been promised for time, but really, what else can we do but wait, other than leave. We seem to enjoy it enough to log in everyday as is).

I'll be voting more often, as I did in the past.

Just my two cents...

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone
Unread 12-22-2018, 01:47 AM   #20

Seul Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 105 audio / 603 text
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

They just made the emcee shop, for people to drop their credits into... also Mindless made a poll a while ago regarding credit resets, and people voted no.

We don't need the owners to make the site better, we can do that with activity. I agree with OP but its not like they are new suggestions, this conversation had occurred many times. It's just kinda up to us to make the best of it, until the owners drop the mobile app... (i know its been promised for time, but really, what else can we do but wait, other than leave. We seem to enjoy it enough to log in everyday as is).

I'll be voting more often, as I did in the past.

Just my two cents...

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone

Tags
post1162938, post1162998, post1162999, post1163028, post961693

Display