Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01-30-2020, 01:28 AM
The Saaxxx Baba
Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
119 Won / 50 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
I know there’s a lot of the member base that doesn’t live in the US so I wanna ask y’all this...

If an American (or anyone else) makes a punch that’s based on a concept rooted in American (or their native) culture, pop, sports, customs, etc that might not apply or be well known in your country, how much does it affect how you judge the bar? Do you look at the craftsmanship of the bar and look into the concept to judge it accordingly or do you just look at it as not hitting because the topic matter isn’t familiar?
i have a few issues with this esp with @Rieper lol and i told him about it too. for me i just refrain from voting itself coz even if i do try to get into the technicalities of the punch the fact that i do not resonate with it makes me a little biased and/or still in the dark about how good or bad the punch concept may actually be. Also one of the major reasons i do not use wordplays (or even curent affairs concepts related to my part of the world at all) anymore at all coz shit just does not cut it for different accents and nationalities here even tho it may seem legitimately fine to me. Globalization is yet to hit letsbeef thats for sure.

*CUM SHOTS IN THE AIR*

Last edited by The Saaxxx Baba; 01-30-2020 at 01:31 AM.
Unread 01-30-2020, 01:28 AM   #21

The Saaxxx Baba
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
119 Won / 50 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 273 audio / 1181 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
I know there’s a lot of the member base that doesn’t live in the US so I wanna ask y’all this...

If an American (or anyone else) makes a punch that’s based on a concept rooted in American (or their native) culture, pop, sports, customs, etc that might not apply or be well known in your country, how much does it affect how you judge the bar? Do you look at the craftsmanship of the bar and look into the concept to judge it accordingly or do you just look at it as not hitting because the topic matter isn’t familiar?
i have a few issues with this esp with @Rieper lol and i told him about it too. for me i just refrain from voting itself coz even if i do try to get into the technicalities of the punch the fact that i do not resonate with it makes me a little biased and/or still in the dark about how good or bad the punch concept may actually be. Also one of the major reasons i do not use wordplays (or even curent affairs concepts related to my part of the world at all) anymore at all coz shit just does not cut it for different accents and nationalities here even tho it may seem legitimately fine to me. Globalization is yet to hit letsbeef thats for sure.

*CUM SHOTS IN THE AIR*

Last edited by The Saaxxx Baba; 01-30-2020 at 01:31 AM.
Unread 01-30-2020, 01:31 AM
Zezmeril
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
It's not american/english. It's just anything I dont understand. When rant makes a bar about quantum mechanics and string theory and the punch is a wordplay on the guy who invented it, I score that lower too. I just cant relate.
What the fuck? Didn't get smart line deducting points.
Unread 01-30-2020, 01:31 AM   #22

Zezmeril

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
It's not american/english. It's just anything I dont understand. When rant makes a bar about quantum mechanics and string theory and the punch is a wordplay on the guy who invented it, I score that lower too. I just cant relate.
What the fuck? Didn't get smart line deducting points.

Unread 01-30-2020, 01:38 AM
The Saaxxx Baba
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
119 Won / 50 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
To be perfectly honest, the same question can be asked of the American based community, who, for the majority over the years I’ve been here, deduct points and score you low for using a bar/punchline-reference on something they don’t know about. Almost as if: if it’s not American, it doesn’t exist sort of mentality.

Granted not everyone of the American members do this but the majority have done and continue to do so.

Myself, if it’s a sports reference I’ll look it up, though for the most part if it’s something I’ve no knowledge of, I would usually discount the bar until I gather more info on it from the member who wrote the bar, as to what it’s about. Though as @EtH had stated, you’re not going to be at a live battle with google at the ready or after a battlers round jump on stage and ask him/her “yo, when you said x y an z, what did you mean?”
This.

*CUM SHOTS IN THE AIR*
Unread 01-30-2020, 01:38 AM   #23

The Saaxxx Baba
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
119 Won / 50 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 273 audio / 1181 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
To be perfectly honest, the same question can be asked of the American based community, who, for the majority over the years I’ve been here, deduct points and score you low for using a bar/punchline-reference on something they don’t know about. Almost as if: if it’s not American, it doesn’t exist sort of mentality.

Granted not everyone of the American members do this but the majority have done and continue to do so.

Myself, if it’s a sports reference I’ll look it up, though for the most part if it’s something I’ve no knowledge of, I would usually discount the bar until I gather more info on it from the member who wrote the bar, as to what it’s about. Though as @EtH had stated, you’re not going to be at a live battle with google at the ready or after a battlers round jump on stage and ask him/her “yo, when you said x y an z, what did you mean?”
This.

Display