2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-21-2019, 10:17 AM
IAmFlow
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost
Default FVC 2020 Discussion

FVC 2020 Open Discussion

To start I will be using the last 10 days of this month to gather some info, input, and revamp the FVC in both members and the forum. My primary concern is having it revamped and running before the upcoming GC Tournament.
  1. One of the biggest discussions I want to have is whether or not to reset the whole FVC altogether, which is ideally what I want to do because what is there by the obvious complaints I've seen have no been working. This means that unneeded threads will be wiped clean so I can clean up the FVC thread, and all current members will be stripped of there FVC titles, at least for the time being. Steps below.

• Remove unneeded threads, wipe out all current FVC members
    • Open an application sign up thread
    • A Site wide vote on who should get the FVC spots - so in essence if you were previously a good FVC member the site would vote you in either way. I am also under the impression that the members of the site should have their input on who is accepted into the FVC because ultimately it will be your battles that these member are voting on with the extra vp.
    • There will obviously be limited spots so depending on how many applications there are the voting would be set up different. Details would be made on how the voting will work when/if that time comes.

2. The focus should be Quality over Quantity. FVC members are given the privilege of a higher voting power to put more effort into their votes. For example, I would much prefer 20 quality votes over 30 quick votes to meet a req or just increase your vote count. Since I have been back, I have not seen the total battles for either text or audio increase past a single page.

I do not want to have to make requirements on the amount of votes that need to be dropped. I would obviously resort to that in the future if need be, but my idea is to allow each of the FVC members to come up with there own goals/requirements for each season for both audio and text that they feel is reasonable that they can complete. I understand each person will have a different amount of time they can volunteer to this each season, vacations, holidays, breaks all taken into account. And after each season we can gauge how they did if they failed to meet their own expectations and/or exceeded it.

I would have a thread up about that in the FVC section for the members. But I am not talking about spending 3 hours on a vote and writing an essay as quality. What I mean but quality, is that based on your vote readers should be able to tell that you understood the battle that you voted on, you left good feedback that is based specifically for that battle, no generic (this one had better punches, I liked some bars from this one but blah blah), I would be looking for specific bars you have insite on, what you liked, what you didn't like. I know you can't always drop feedback for improvement on any battle, but if you see anything the battler can fix, always be sure to postively critique them so they can improve their verses in the future. A normal sized vote can still have all these features within it.

3. The forum right now is a little bit of cluster but it doesn't look like there is any current awards for FVC members. I would discuss this with the other mods and the admins but I think having a seasonal award for the top FVC member would be an incentive for the members to strive for and give some type of award for their hard work. I was thinking along the lines of a 'title' that you held onto just for that season, along with a custom sig (based around that specific season) made by myself or anything other of the graphic heads that can contribute to it.

4. Tournament/Events/Notable will be prioritized. These are the battles that contribute the most activity to the site and I think they are the ones that should be focused on first. Then the rest of the battles that need votes second. As said before the extra vp on fvc members votes should be for quality, better votes. Not act just as a clean up crew for battles to close quicker.

5. With that being said, if for whatever reason battles are struggling to close, I will put 2 members in charge, not including myself on helping extra with that. I could even rotate it monthly/weekly throughout the FVC so it's not a full job thrown on specific members.

6. I also will be doing the thread clean up as mentioned. I am going to get the section together to make it more understandable for both the FVC members and those not involved.

Between being back with family for the holidays and the site lag right now. It's been a bit of cluster for me getting this up and going through the FVC thread this morning. I will definitely have time to get the revamped FVC going before the GC tourney start, but also keep in mind I am away for the holidays as well, so bare with me if I don't get back to everyone right away.

So please this is an open site discussion. I want to hear what everyone thinks. If they like some of the ideas, concerns, improvements. New ideas. I will be popping in with any new ideas I have to add onto it as well and using this as sort of a notepad as I am setting it up.

Last edited by IAmFlow; 12-21-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #1

IAmFlow
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 166 audio / 1340 text

Default FVC 2020 Discussion

FVC 2020 Open Discussion

To start I will be using the last 10 days of this month to gather some info, input, and revamp the FVC in both members and the forum. My primary concern is having it revamped and running before the upcoming GC Tournament.
  1. One of the biggest discussions I want to have is whether or not to reset the whole FVC altogether, which is ideally what I want to do because what is there by the obvious complaints I've seen have no been working. This means that unneeded threads will be wiped clean so I can clean up the FVC thread, and all current members will be stripped of there FVC titles, at least for the time being. Steps below.

• A Site wide vote on who should get the FVC spots - so in essence if you were previously a good FVC member the site would vote you in either way. I am also under the impression that the members of the site should have their input on who is accepted into the FVC because ultimately it will be your battles that these member are voting on with the extra vp.
    • There will obviously be limited spots so depending on how many applications there are the voting would be set up different. Details would be made on how the voting will work when/if that time comes.

2. The focus should be Quality over Quantity. FVC members are given the privilege of a higher voting power to put more effort into their votes. For example, I would much prefer 20 quality votes over 30 quick votes to meet a req or just increase your vote count. Since I have been back, I have not seen the total battles for either text or audio increase past a single page.

I do not want to have to make requirements on the amount of votes that need to be dropped. I would obviously resort to that in the future if need be, but my idea is to allow each of the FVC members to come up with there own goals/requirements for each season for both audio and text that they feel is reasonable that they can complete. I understand each person will have a different amount of time they can volunteer to this each season, vacations, holidays, breaks all taken into account. And after each season we can gauge how they did if they failed to meet their own expectations and/or exceeded it.

I would have a thread up about that in the FVC section for the members. But I am not talking about spending 3 hours on a vote and writing an essay as quality. What I mean but quality, is that based on your vote readers should be able to tell that you understood the battle that you voted on, you left good feedback that is based specifically for that battle, no generic (this one had better punches, I liked some bars from this one but blah blah), I would be looking for specific bars you have insite on, what you liked, what you didn't like. I know you can't always drop feedback for improvement on any battle, but if you see anything the battler can fix, always be sure to postively critique them so they can improve their verses in the future. A normal sized vote can still have all these features within it.

3. The forum right now is a little bit of cluster but it doesn't look like there is any current awards for FVC members. I would discuss this with the other mods and the admins but I think having a seasonal award for the top FVC member would be an incentive for the members to strive for and give some type of award for their hard work. I was thinking along the lines of a 'title' that you held onto just for that season, along with a custom sig (based around that specific season) made by myself or anything other of the graphic heads that can contribute to it.

4. Tournament/Events/Notable will be prioritized. These are the battles that contribute the most activity to the site and I think they are the ones that should be focused on first. Then the rest of the battles that need votes second. As said before the extra vp on fvc members votes should be for quality, better votes. Not act just as a clean up crew for battles to close quicker.

5. With that being said, if for whatever reason battles are struggling to close, I will put 2 members in charge, not including myself on helping extra with that. I could even rotate it monthly/weekly throughout the FVC so it's not a full job thrown on specific members.

6. I also will be doing the thread clean up as mentioned. I am going to get the section together to make it more understandable for both the FVC members and those not involved.

Between being back with family for the holidays and the site lag right now. It's been a bit of cluster for me getting this up and going through the FVC thread this morning. I will definitely have time to get the revamped FVC going before the GC tourney start, but also keep in mind I am away for the holidays as well, so bare with me if I don't get back to everyone right away.

So please this is an open site discussion. I want to hear what everyone thinks. If they like some of the ideas, concerns, improvements. New ideas. I will be popping in with any new ideas I have to add onto it as well and using this as sort of a notepad as I am setting it up.

Last edited by IAmFlow; 12-21-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Brayne Ded
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

I'd reapply for the FVC if the "vote requirements," were no longer an issue. Only reason I have previously left the FVC is not voting 60 times a month or whatever.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:26 AM   #2

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 36 text

I'd reapply for the FVC if the "vote requirements," were no longer an issue. Only reason I have previously left the FVC is not voting 60 times a month or whatever.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:33 AM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Holy shit. Thank you @IAmFlow. In my eyes this is perfect.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #3

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)

Holy shit. Thank you @IAmFlow. In my eyes this is perfect.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:35 AM
IAmFlow
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayne Ded View Post
I wanted to see everyone else's opinion on that. But I am of the full opinion that this is a hobby for majority of the members on this site. I do not want FVC members to feel like the FVC is a mandatory job or pressured. Being apart of the FVC should be enjoyable.

This is time volunteered by everyone involved to making the voting on the site better. I feel like forcing people meet a requirement for a certain number hinders the whole aspect of them dedicating their time to this.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #4

IAmFlow
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayne Ded View Post
I wanted to see everyone else's opinion on that. But I am of the full opinion that this is a hobby for majority of the members on this site. I do not want FVC members to feel like the FVC is a mandatory job or pressured. Being apart of the FVC should be enjoyable.

This is time volunteered by everyone involved to making the voting on the site better. I feel like forcing people meet a requirement for a certain number hinders the whole aspect of them dedicating their time to this.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:43 AM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Completely fine with each aspect of this. Glad to see there's an actual plan moving forward on how FVC is going to get fixed unlike in years past.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #5

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Completely fine with each aspect of this. Glad to see there's an actual plan moving forward on how FVC is going to get fixed unlike in years past.

Unread 12-21-2019, 10:48 AM
Brayne Ded

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmFlow View Post

You've already taken a step in the right direction, man. Respect.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #6

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 36 text

Quote:

You've already taken a step in the right direction, man. Respect.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Guts

to me the fvc is a duty. if fvc members go from being uneducated but active, to educated but inactive, we've solved nothing. my cents is 0'ing in on those who can do both.

also i'm not sure voting for fvc works at all.

i'm curious to see what you come up with.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #7

Guts

to me the fvc is a duty. if fvc members go from being uneducated but active, to educated but inactive, we've solved nothing. my cents is 0'ing in on those who can do both.

Unread 12-21-2019, 10:59 AM
REZN
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:
FVC 2020 Open Discussion

I disagree with the bolded. New, and closing soon battles should be the priority. "Big" battles get a lot of votes as it is. But, people seldom want to vote on the battles they aren't interested in. And this is where the FVC is needed most.

I feel as though, there should be at least 3 FVC members voting on every battle with less than 3 votes from the new battles list, to ensure that they close. The same with the battles closing soon.

As, battles not closing on time is probably one of the biggest deterrents to activity. If a battler comes here to battle, and is subjected to their battle staying open for an extenuating period of time, with few votes, then what incentive is there for them to stay?

Last edited by REZN; 12-21-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #8

REZN
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 54 text
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Quote:
FVC 2020 Open Discussion

I disagree with the bolded. New, and closing soon battles should be the priority. "Big" battles get a lot of votes as it is. But, people seldom want to vote on the battles they aren't interested in. And this is where the FVC is needed most.

I feel as though, there should be at least 3 FVC members voting on every battle with less than 3 votes from the new battles list, to ensure that they close. The same with the battles closing soon.

As, battles not closing on time is probably one of the biggest deterrents to activity. If a battler comes here to battle, and is subjected to their battle staying open for an extenuating period of time, with few votes, then what incentive is there for them to stay?

Last edited by REZN; 12-21-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:09 AM
IAmFlow
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post

I will take that into account, but inactive members can easily be removed and new members added when that time comes. I want the direction to turn to quality votes that members feel comfortable with.

Whats the point of having a member that is voting over 100 times in the month but 75% of that persons votes can literally just be plugged into another battle just by swapping the names. That's far from a quality.

I would like to hear why you think voting on the FVC members wouldn't work.

I am under the impression that the majority of the site should feel they had a part in who gets the added power to vote on their battles as it is these people that will be affected by these votes. Obviously some that get voted in may not be the choice some wanted, probably will be a biased vote here or there which I plan to monitor when I set up the voting pages, probably limit the amount of FVC allowed in a single crew. That all depends on what applications come in and I go forward from there with how to proceed with it. However, with the members being voted in and not chosen by a single person, the larger percentage of battlers should feel comfortable with the votes they will be receiving from the FVC.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #9

IAmFlow
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post

I will take that into account, but inactive members can easily be removed and new members added when that time comes. I want the direction to turn to quality votes that members feel comfortable with.

Whats the point of having a member that is voting over 100 times in the month but 75% of that persons votes can literally just be plugged into another battle just by swapping the names. That's far from a quality.

I am under the impression that the majority of the site should feel they had a part in who gets the added power to vote on their battles as it is these people that will be affected by these votes. Obviously some that get voted in may not be the choice some wanted, probably will be a biased vote here or there which I plan to monitor when I set up the voting pages, probably limit the amount of FVC allowed in a single crew. That all depends on what applications come in and I go forward from there with how to proceed with it. However, with the members being voted in and not chosen by a single person, the larger percentage of battlers should feel comfortable with the votes they will be receiving from the FVC.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Guts

Quote:

yea everybody should gt a voice, no doubt, but voting tends to lead to fights and campaigns and shit. i mean, i think it should be a matter of, everybody will be heard and legit considered.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #10

Guts

Quote:

yea everybody should gt a voice, no doubt, but voting tends to lead to fights and campaigns and shit. i mean, i think it should be a matter of, everybody will be heard and legit considered.

Display