Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Nicholas be demodded?
Yes 7 38.89%
No 11 61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Unread 12-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Rant
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
Racism isn't tolerated or within the rules. I've banned Rain twice for racism in the last month. Which is the context of that bar. I'm paraphrasing his posts.

I agree that this site isn't diverse though. When I first joined it was far more of a mix of cultures. Now it does seem to have become progressively white. I think text battling culture is moving towards nerdy white people as a majority. That shouldn't be at the expense of any other group though you and your friends are always welcome.
Don't you get that your actions, in this battle, are what are making him feel like this is at the expense of his demographic? You're giving the site a bad rep by using racial slurs as a staff member.
Unread 12-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #41

Rant

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Racism isn't tolerated or within the rules. I've banned Rain twice for racism in the last month. Which is the context of that bar. I'm paraphrasing his posts.

I agree that this site isn't diverse though. When I first joined it was far more of a mix of cultures. Now it does seem to have become progressively white. I think text battling culture is moving towards nerdy white people as a majority. That shouldn't be at the expense of any other group though you and your friends are always welcome.
Don't you get that your actions, in this battle, are what are making him feel like this is at the expense of his demographic? You're giving the site a bad rep by using racial slurs as a staff member.

Unread 12-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by K SERA View Post
Yeah Lowkey..i always Felt like The Mods weren't Really a diverse Group of People,and None of them Represented me or My demographic,Maybe Noble..I'm a Black dude From Ny, who Grew Up in the 90s. I personally would never Invite any of my Friends of Any Color to Come check this site out,Its just Not for us...It sort of seems like ..Letsbeef is a "HipHop" website that doesn't Care about black people.

Being Black is Deeper than Skin color,and The N word isn't Just Reserved for African Americans..It's how those at the Top,View those at The Bottom.

In the rules Plagiarism is Bannable,Racism is Bannable and so Is Voter Fraud.But Racism is allowed.. But it has Limits..and that Limit Might be.. If Staff Likes you.

Homie I'm with you!
Unread 12-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #42

Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by K SERA View Post
Yeah Lowkey..i always Felt like The Mods weren't Really a diverse Group of People,and None of them Represented me or My demographic,Maybe Noble..I'm a Black dude From Ny, who Grew Up in the 90s. I personally would never Invite any of my Friends of Any Color to Come check this site out,Its just Not for us...It sort of seems like ..Letsbeef is a "HipHop" website that doesn't Care about black people.

Being Black is Deeper than Skin color,and The N word isn't Just Reserved for African Americans..It's how those at the Top,View those at The Bottom.

In the rules Plagiarism is Bannable,Racism is Bannable and so Is Voter Fraud.But Racism is allowed.. But it has Limits..and that Limit Might be.. If Staff Likes you.

Homie I'm with you!

Unread 12-20-2017, 07:04 PM
K SERA

Quote:
Racism: Racism will be a bannable offense only in extreme cases. This means that if someone drops a racist comment and you complain about it no ban will occur. This decision was made because alot of people abused this policy and used it as an excuse to get someone they don't like banned. The main reason however is that this a battle website where anything goes. Bare in mind that we don't condone racism but the internet isn't a place for the easily offended, much less a rap battle website where the aim of the game is to offend & threaten through the use of creative writing and more importantly, free speech.

https://www.letsbeef.com/rules.php

Ah well.. C'est La Vie
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #43

K SERA

Quote:
Racism: Racism will be a bannable offense only in extreme cases. This means that if someone drops a racist comment and you complain about it no ban will occur. This decision was made because alot of people abused this policy and used it as an excuse to get someone they don't like banned. The main reason however is that this a battle website where anything goes. Bare in mind that we don't condone racism but the internet isn't a place for the easily offended, much less a rap battle website where the aim of the game is to offend & threaten through the use of creative writing and more importantly, free speech.

https://www.letsbeef.com/rules.php

Ah well.. C'est La Vie

Unread 12-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
I agree that this site isn't diverse though. When I first joined it was far more of a mix of cultures. Now it does seem to have become progressively white.

mfw nicholas is attributing a negative connotation to a lack of racial diversity on letsbeef while actively contributing to lack of racial diversity on letsbeef

EDIT: That crippling feel when the site hasnt had a solid owner in 9 years but the staffs problems are with how many republican white dudes log in on a daily basis.

Last edited by Babylon; 12-20-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #44

Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text

Quote:
I agree that this site isn't diverse though. When I first joined it was far more of a mix of cultures. Now it does seem to have become progressively white.

mfw nicholas is attributing a negative connotation to a lack of racial diversity on letsbeef while actively contributing to lack of racial diversity on letsbeef

EDIT: That crippling feel when the site hasnt had a solid owner in 9 years but the staffs problems are with how many republican white dudes log in on a daily basis.

Last edited by Babylon; 12-20-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

mfw nicholas is complaining letsbeef is too white while contributing to the number of white people on letsbeef
It wasn't a complaint, just an observation.
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #45

Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

mfw nicholas is complaining letsbeef is too white while contributing to the number of white people on letsbeef

Unread 12-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Rant

Quote:
So, you're happy with the lack of diversity?
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #46

Rant

Quote:
So, you're happy with the lack of diversity?

Unread 12-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Yeah I edited to make my point less retarded lol.
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #47

Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text

Quote:
Yeah I edited to make my point less retarded lol.
Unread 12-21-2017, 01:10 AM
Rant

@Son of Dubai @NOBLE @Indianapolis Jones @Aggo @RULE @Mindless

Some staff and former staff I thought should weigh in.
Unread 12-21-2017, 01:10 AM   #48

Rant

@Son of Dubai @NOBLE @Indianapolis Jones @Aggo @RULE @Mindless

Some staff and former staff I thought should weigh in.

Unread 12-21-2017, 02:19 AM
Subreal
Mentioned: 1040 Post(s)
Tagged: 39 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

@Rant

3.) Releasing personal information about site users.

He never did this you are reaching and being a little butthurt bitch because you got bodied. You instant messaged him a picture of a sink ON LETSBEEF and he used that personal in a battle. He never revealed any personal information about you. Please tell me how that is personal information?

Either explain an instance of Nicholas actually revealing personal information or remove it from your post, because lying doesn't really help your case. All he did was post the picture you sent him on letsbeef messenger.. a picture of a fucking sink.

Pack of Wolves, gayest crew on the site.
Unread 12-21-2017, 02:19 AM   #49

Subreal
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Voted: 44 audio / 258 text
Mentioned: 1040 Post(s)
Tagged: 39 Thread(s)

@Rant

3.) Releasing personal information about site users.

He never did this you are reaching and being a little butthurt bitch because you got bodied. You instant messaged him a picture of a sink ON LETSBEEF and he used that personal in a battle. He never revealed any personal information about you. Please tell me how that is personal information?

Either explain an instance of Nicholas actually revealing personal information or remove it from your post, because lying doesn't really help your case. All he did was post the picture you sent him on letsbeef messenger.. a picture of a fucking sink.

Pack of Wolves, gayest crew on the site.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2017, 02:31 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3616 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

You made 6 points in your OP and I'll weigh in on each one separately.

1) Yes, his use of oronyms as written verbatim on a website was plagiarism. I agreed it was plagiarism but disagreed that it was "biting" and explained what I see as a distinction between the two. Either way, both plagiarism and biting are against the site rules. Should he be demodded for it? When this came to light, he apologized to the staff and offered to step down. I'm not sure if he ever apologized publicly, but as far as I can tell, he's never actually denied what he did. Being that he showed remorse and considering that he's probably the most contributing active mod (LBT, LBA, Hall of Fame, LB Awards, etc..), I was against him stepping down, and I still feel the same way, especially since this doesn't represent a pattern. An auto-win was given to his opponent on that battle, and I think that is how staff chose to resolve it.

2) We've all made comments that we later edited or deleted. The fact that he even went back to edit it shows he actually has regard for the site rules and is being careful not to sway. He made the edit the same day the comment was made. I don't see how this is a big deal, or am I missing something?

3) Where did he release personal information?

4) I've only heard your side of this so far, and from what I gather, he removed you from the LBT card because you joked that you would no-show? I would prefer to hear Nick's account of events before making judgment. If it occurred the way you've described, I agree that the participants should've been informed first and that would've been a more considerate way to handle things. I don't know if it merits being demodded though.

5) If this is as you described, then yes, I agree and I think it is highly hypocritical. But once again, I'd have to hear Nick's side of the story. It's possible that he relieved Lock of the LBT/LBA for reasons other than that he was both running and participating in it.

6) Yes, he used a racial slur but seemed to be parodying his opponent rather than conveying it himself. This may still offend some people. Personally I don't see it as a big deal.
Unread 12-21-2017, 02:31 AM   #50

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3616 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

You made 6 points in your OP and I'll weigh in on each one separately.

1) Yes, his use of oronyms as written verbatim on a website was plagiarism. I agreed it was plagiarism but disagreed that it was "biting" and explained what I see as a distinction between the two. Either way, both plagiarism and biting are against the site rules. Should he be demodded for it? When this came to light, he apologized to the staff and offered to step down. I'm not sure if he ever apologized publicly, but as far as I can tell, he's never actually denied what he did. Being that he showed remorse and considering that he's probably the most contributing active mod (LBT, LBA, Hall of Fame, LB Awards, etc..), I was against him stepping down, and I still feel the same way, especially since this doesn't represent a pattern. An auto-win was given to his opponent on that battle, and I think that is how staff chose to resolve it.

2) We've all made comments that we later edited or deleted. The fact that he even went back to edit it shows he actually has regard for the site rules and is being careful not to sway. He made the edit the same day the comment was made. I don't see how this is a big deal, or am I missing something?

3) Where did he release personal information?

4) I've only heard your side of this so far, and from what I gather, he removed you from the LBT card because you joked that you would no-show? I would prefer to hear Nick's account of events before making judgment. If it occurred the way you've described, I agree that the participants should've been informed first and that would've been a more considerate way to handle things. I don't know if it merits being demodded though.

5) If this is as you described, then yes, I agree and I think it is highly hypocritical. But once again, I'd have to hear Nick's side of the story. It's possible that he relieved Lock of the LBT/LBA for reasons other than that he was both running and participating in it.

6) Yes, he used a racial slur but seemed to be parodying his opponent rather than conveying it himself. This may still offend some people. Personally I don't see it as a big deal.

Tags
drugs

Display