Thread: We Are God
View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Obey
Mentioned: 1082 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
135 Won / 56 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
This is what I believe in.

I don't believe in "God" first of all, before organized religion humans only had faith. Faith derived from fear driven by the fact that they didn't know where they were going to go when they died. Someone came along instilled their own dogma on groups of people (I.E. There's power in numbers) Others soon followed, etc.

My faith is simply that there's is something greater then myself, which might have created the universe or at least know how it was created. Whether it was planned or happened out of pure random but seemingly planned circumstances, it doesn't matter. I understand that I'll never be able to fully comprehend how it happened and I'm content with that. I also can never fully accept that my conscience with cease to exist because my heart stopped pumping. Life would be pointless if were born to simply die, with nothing to contribute after we have physically passed on.

90% of our cells have their own microbial DNA that aren't "us'. The atoms is our body are 99.99_% empty space and we weren't born with them, they came from the belly of a star. We have 46 chromosomes, 2 less then the common potato. etc. etc. etc.

In conclusion the odds are really stacked against us as far as being "special" or here for a purpose beyond existing just to exist but why would we have a conscience and have the ability to create organized religions that have comforted billions of people throughout the history of our existence. Also, before organized religion we had the ability to create beliefs that benefited the community we resided in. We've collectively done incredible things, created amazing gadgets, as human beings. We might not even be here for a reason but dammit we'll make our own and live holding on to that hope.
Nicely said man.
Unread 02-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #26

Obey
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
135 Won / 56 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 9 audio / 317 text
Mentioned: 1082 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
This is what I believe in.

I don't believe in "God" first of all, before organized religion humans only had faith. Faith derived from fear driven by the fact that they didn't know where they were going to go when they died. Someone came along instilled their own dogma on groups of people (I.E. There's power in numbers) Others soon followed, etc.

My faith is simply that there's is something greater then myself, which might have created the universe or at least know how it was created. Whether it was planned or happened out of pure random but seemingly planned circumstances, it doesn't matter. I understand that I'll never be able to fully comprehend how it happened and I'm content with that. I also can never fully accept that my conscience with cease to exist because my heart stopped pumping. Life would be pointless if were born to simply die, with nothing to contribute after we have physically passed on.

90% of our cells have their own microbial DNA that aren't "us'. The atoms is our body are 99.99_% empty space and we weren't born with them, they came from the belly of a star. We have 46 chromosomes, 2 less then the common potato. etc. etc. etc.

In conclusion the odds are really stacked against us as far as being "special" or here for a purpose beyond existing just to exist but why would we have a conscience and have the ability to create organized religions that have comforted billions of people throughout the history of our existence. Also, before organized religion we had the ability to create beliefs that benefited the community we resided in. We've collectively done incredible things, created amazing gadgets, as human beings. We might not even be here for a reason but dammit we'll make our own and live holding on to that hope.
Nicely said man.