View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2018, 05:22 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain gutpunch View Post
i'm sick of this site falling into decay. we all need to do a better job of voting, supporting tournaments, viewing and rating tracks and site promotion.

how many of you get on and don't drop any votes. how many of you on here have rated or commented on a track? do we even have a site greeter? to keep the rookies who come by? to show them the ropes and convince them to stay?

@Student @NOBLE we need to enforce a community practice. all these cats that rarely battle and dont comment yet always in the forums or in chat? i'd like to come up with some solutions to bring life to lb.

i'm not trying to throw anybody under the bus, but i am trying to slap you in the face.

1.vote more. everyone. ( @Seul ( @Mech) co-signs this)

2.share lb on twitter and insta, fb. whatever.

3.assign someone or multiple people to greet rookies and link them to threads to help them navigate the site and feel welcome. show them the chatroom, etc

4.do more battles.

these are some ideas i've thought could help improve the site. i'm welcome to all suggestions or critiques. let's fucking talk about this.

other solutions nominated by various lb members

1.reset peoples credit piles after each month forcing them to vote. (@shodan)

2.make battles available for mobile use. ( @D3FIANCE)

3.get owners to get more involved. ( @Rieper)

4.there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling ( @ToniC 801)

5.I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. ( @EMDUB)

6.Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. ( @EMDUB)

7.Why not hide all votes like in tourneys? ( @Mech)

8.I think the emcee system has to go. g featured at the front page for a day, real insentive, I’ve got better things to do than spend virtual credits on virtual items of clothing, it’s outdated. ( @Mrs Omnific)

9.I also think there needs to be more sub forums, there’s a lack in different forums for people to talk about things, what better way to expand the community. ( @Mrs Omnific)

10. a revamp/app, this website although it doesn’t look too bad it’s been the same for too long, and in terms of modern websites doesn’t really hold up in terms of aesthetics, there’s too much going on, simplicity is key for new comers. ( @Mrs Omnific)

!POST DISCUSSION THOUGHTS!

i think crew battles might be a great way to hype people up about battles again. i think tracks are severely neglected and i'm making a thread which i will link of the latest and greatest you might have missed. i'm thinking about starting an lb podcast and interviewing some HoF and some up and comers. i think we need some designated judges, promoters, and site greeters. let me now what y'all think.

(tracks thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...38#post1162938
Voting, battling, and sharing LB content on social media more often are all good ideas that everyone can do to help the site. Every new member that signs up gets a welcome p.m. and a welcome email. The PM is set to come from @System but we can set it to come from any one, which is probably more ideal since an actual person can respond to questions that a new user may have. We once set up a welcome forum that automatically posted a thread every time a new member joins so the community can welcome them. But I think people found it annoying and it may have made it easier for snipers to target new members for easy wins.

Resetting credits has been discussed before, and like someone said, many people voted against it. That doesn't preclude us from having the conversation again and seeing if there is a consensus for it to happen.
This site isn't mobile yet, but you can actually audio battle from your phone right now with the right tools. I recently discovered and tested Puffin browser (https://www.puffin.com) which allows flash recording. To improve quality, they even have condenser microphones for cell phones which one can get for $15 Canadian on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Microphone-Pro...le+phone&psc=1). I'm not necessarily saying we don't need to make the site mobile. I'm just saying if someone wanted to battle from their phone right now, they can do it with the right browser.

There is no such thing as LB "owners." There is only one owner, and that is X, and he's very much involved.
All votes are already hidden on battles.... until you vote. I'm not sure what harm there is in being able to read other expos and ratings after your vote is already cast. It could be educational for a lot of people.
We started out with many different sub forums and a lot got merged into General Talk. What's sub forums would you guys like to see?
I agree that we could use some site promoters. We have a few social media accounts that no one is really looking after. The LB podcast idea sounds good. I'll be glad to help with that in any way I can.
Unread 12-22-2018, 05:22 PM   #35

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain gutpunch View Post
i'm sick of this site falling into decay. we all need to do a better job of voting, supporting tournaments, viewing and rating tracks and site promotion.

how many of you get on and don't drop any votes. how many of you on here have rated or commented on a track? do we even have a site greeter? to keep the rookies who come by? to show them the ropes and convince them to stay?

@Student @NOBLE we need to enforce a community practice. all these cats that rarely battle and dont comment yet always in the forums or in chat? i'd like to come up with some solutions to bring life to lb.

i'm not trying to throw anybody under the bus, but i am trying to slap you in the face.

1.vote more. everyone. ( @Seul ( @Mech) co-signs this)

2.share lb on twitter and insta, fb. whatever.

3.assign someone or multiple people to greet rookies and link them to threads to help them navigate the site and feel welcome. show them the chatroom, etc

4.do more battles.

these are some ideas i've thought could help improve the site. i'm welcome to all suggestions or critiques. let's fucking talk about this.

other solutions nominated by various lb members

1.reset peoples credit piles after each month forcing them to vote. (@shodan)

2.make battles available for mobile use. ( @D3FIANCE)

3.get owners to get more involved. ( @Rieper)

4.there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling ( @ToniC 801)

5.I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. ( @EMDUB)

6.Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. ( @EMDUB)

7.Why not hide all votes like in tourneys? ( @Mech)

8.I think the emcee system has to go. g featured at the front page for a day, real insentive, I’ve got better things to do than spend virtual credits on virtual items of clothing, it’s outdated. ( @Mrs Omnific)

9.I also think there needs to be more sub forums, there’s a lack in different forums for people to talk about things, what better way to expand the community. ( @Mrs Omnific)

10. a revamp/app, this website although it doesn’t look too bad it’s been the same for too long, and in terms of modern websites doesn’t really hold up in terms of aesthetics, there’s too much going on, simplicity is key for new comers. ( @Mrs Omnific)

!POST DISCUSSION THOUGHTS!

i think crew battles might be a great way to hype people up about battles again. i think tracks are severely neglected and i'm making a thread which i will link of the latest and greatest you might have missed. i'm thinking about starting an lb podcast and interviewing some HoF and some up and comers. i think we need some designated judges, promoters, and site greeters. let me now what y'all think.

(tracks thread is here)
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/show...38#post1162938
Voting, battling, and sharing LB content on social media more often are all good ideas that everyone can do to help the site. Every new member that signs up gets a welcome p.m. and a welcome email. The PM is set to come from @System but we can set it to come from any one, which is probably more ideal since an actual person can respond to questions that a new user may have. We once set up a welcome forum that automatically posted a thread every time a new member joins so the community can welcome them. But I think people found it annoying and it may have made it easier for snipers to target new members for easy wins.

Resetting credits has been discussed before, and like someone said, many people voted against it. That doesn't preclude us from having the conversation again and seeing if there is a consensus for it to happen.
This site isn't mobile yet, but you can actually audio battle from your phone right now with the right tools. I recently discovered and tested Puffin browser (https://www.puffin.com) which allows flash recording. To improve quality, they even have condenser microphones for cell phones which one can get for $15 Canadian on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Microphone-Pro...le+phone&psc=1). I'm not necessarily saying we don't need to make the site mobile. I'm just saying if someone wanted to battle from their phone right now, they can do it with the right browser.

There is no such thing as LB "owners." There is only one owner, and that is X, and he's very much involved.
All votes are already hidden on battles.... until you vote. I'm not sure what harm there is in being able to read other expos and ratings after your vote is already cast. It could be educational for a lot of people.
We started out with many different sub forums and a lot got merged into General Talk. What's sub forums would you guys like to see?
I agree that we could use some site promoters. We have a few social media accounts that no one is really looking after. The LB podcast idea sounds good. I'll be glad to help with that in any way I can.