View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:22 AM
REZN
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmFlow View Post
Thank you. This is exactly why I wanted everyone incite on everything so I can tailor and perfect the end game as much as possible. How do you feel about the rotation of the FVC members that should be focusing on that idea. That way a specific persons aren't always only responsible for that. I can also focus attention on those battles at any given time through IM, PM, and threads that encourage the members to go vote on those at any given time. So keep that in mind. I work from home, so this is something I can stay on top of.

As far as the tournaments/events. I do feel the FVC should be involved as much as possible in those. The FVC are supposed to be the respected voters held a tier above regular voters. They should have their input on the bigger battles.
Rotating members to focus on the closing soon, and new battles is definitely a solid idea. I like that. But, in regard to tournament battles? Should they be involved in? Absolutely. But, prioritizing? I don't believe so. As stated, I believe that prioritization should be in those aforementioned areas. The strongest iteration of the FVC, in my opinion, was Noble's. And this is, in large, his idea. Making sure new battles get 5 votes to hotlist, and making sure that closing battles get 3 votes to close. Because those are the most important ways in which we as voters can incentivize continued activity. A new member hitting the hotlist is probably a cool feeling (It was for me when I was brand new.), and battles closing on time is a positive for everyone. It makes the closing soon list seem less cluttered, people get the results of their battles in a timely manner, and everyone's happy. (Unless they lose. Lol.)

If you check out Noble's thread about wanting to start Natural Selection, he highlights some of these ideas. Which I feel never should have been cut from the FVC in the first place. Because it was a system that worked, and a system that was beneficial to the site.

Voting in this way helps to foster activity, and helps to keep new members vested, and feel as though they're a part of the site who are getting attention on their material. Not only that, but, it helps those new members to get the feedback they need in order to better their approach to writing.

Last edited by REZN; 12-21-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #12

REZN
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 54 text
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmFlow View Post
Thank you. This is exactly why I wanted everyone incite on everything so I can tailor and perfect the end game as much as possible. How do you feel about the rotation of the FVC members that should be focusing on that idea. That way a specific persons aren't always only responsible for that. I can also focus attention on those battles at any given time through IM, PM, and threads that encourage the members to go vote on those at any given time. So keep that in mind. I work from home, so this is something I can stay on top of.

As far as the tournaments/events. I do feel the FVC should be involved as much as possible in those. The FVC are supposed to be the respected voters held a tier above regular voters. They should have their input on the bigger battles.
Rotating members to focus on the closing soon, and new battles is definitely a solid idea. I like that. But, in regard to tournament battles? Should they be involved in? Absolutely. But, prioritizing? I don't believe so. As stated, I believe that prioritization should be in those aforementioned areas. The strongest iteration of the FVC, in my opinion, was Noble's. And this is, in large, his idea. Making sure new battles get 5 votes to hotlist, and making sure that closing battles get 3 votes to close. Because those are the most important ways in which we as voters can incentivize continued activity. A new member hitting the hotlist is probably a cool feeling (It was for me when I was brand new.), and battles closing on time is a positive for everyone. It makes the closing soon list seem less cluttered, people get the results of their battles in a timely manner, and everyone's happy. (Unless they lose. Lol.)

If you check out Noble's thread about wanting to start Natural Selection, he highlights some of these ideas. Which I feel never should have been cut from the FVC in the first place. Because it was a system that worked, and a system that was beneficial to the site.

Voting in this way helps to foster activity, and helps to keep new members vested, and feel as though they're a part of the site who are getting attention on their material. Not only that, but, it helps those new members to get the feedback they need in order to better their approach to writing.

Last edited by REZN; 12-21-2019 at 11:26 AM.