View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2020, 07:02 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

I’m not gonna get involved arguing on how voting should work, cos I think Brayne was right in that people will never be happy. But this is how I vote:

I do everything I can to be as objective as possible with who won. I know that I am subconsciously swayed by titles and reputation, but I have voted against people like Rieper a few times after careful consideration even when other people voted for them so I think I’m reasonably good on that front.

As far as ratings go, I think a 5 should be an average verse. If your verse is around the average quality on the site, that’s when I’ll give it a 5. I generally determine a 5 to be a verse that rhymes well and makes sense but lacks actual punchlines, or that has punches but terrible readability. My ratings from 1-10 try to follow a Normal Distribution with 5 as the mean. That means there’s quite a few 4s and 6s, but fewer 3s and 7s, very few 2s and 8s; 1s, 9s and 10s are extremely rare, and from memory I only dropped two dimes across both previous GCs. That being said, I will give higher ratings for 32s (or 64s) because of the extra work and effort going into them.

But yeah, don’t expect people to hand out 8s, 9s and 10s for an 8 or 16 with a couple of basic punches and some broken multis. There are people in this thread that I think are justified with many of their complaints, but there are also some that need a reality check.
Unread 02-19-2020, 07:02 PM   #34

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

I’m not gonna get involved arguing on how voting should work, cos I think Brayne was right in that people will never be happy. But this is how I vote:

I do everything I can to be as objective as possible with who won. I know that I am subconsciously swayed by titles and reputation, but I have voted against people like Rieper a few times after careful consideration even when other people voted for them so I think I’m reasonably good on that front.

As far as ratings go, I think a 5 should be an average verse. If your verse is around the average quality on the site, that’s when I’ll give it a 5. I generally determine a 5 to be a verse that rhymes well and makes sense but lacks actual punchlines, or that has punches but terrible readability. My ratings from 1-10 try to follow a Normal Distribution with 5 as the mean. That means there’s quite a few 4s and 6s, but fewer 3s and 7s, very few 2s and 8s; 1s, 9s and 10s are extremely rare, and from memory I only dropped two dimes across both previous GCs. That being said, I will give higher ratings for 32s (or 64s) because of the extra work and effort going into them.

But yeah, don’t expect people to hand out 8s, 9s and 10s for an 8 or 16 with a couple of basic punches and some broken multis. There are people in this thread that I think are justified with many of their complaints, but there are also some that need a reality check.