View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2020, 02:57 PM
Sean Griffey
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
11 Won / 1 Lost

UPDATE: Signups updated, and only 1 more participant is needed to fill a 16-man tournament.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTheReptilian View Post
Is this event taking place in the brackets?
There are a few challenges in trying to make this a bracketed tournament.

Seeing as how this is the first annual tournament, and it's not calendar-inclusive, it'll be ran as a forum tournament by myself.

Challenge #1: There is already a bracketed 1-bar yearly tournament, so the chances of this either getting bracket-sanctioned or replacing the current 1-bar tournament are slim by my estimation.

Challenge #2: This is a cash-prize tournament. Incorporating this into the schedule or making it a bracketed tournament may draw questions or expectations towards adding cash prizes for other tournaments.

Challenge #3: A bracketed tournament must be set up and ran by a mod. They have enough on their plate as it is running the site. Even though no titles are being handed out to the Champion, a mod would still need to run it since I don't have mod powers as a regular user to access bracket protocols.

But you never know. Staff may like the momentum of this tournament and see it fit to incorporate this into the schedule.
Unread 12-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #30

Sean Griffey
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
11 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 86 text
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

UPDATE: Signups updated, and only 1 more participant is needed to fill a 16-man tournament.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTheReptilian View Post
Is this event taking place in the brackets?
There are a few challenges in trying to make this a bracketed tournament.

Seeing as how this is the first annual tournament, and it's not calendar-inclusive, it'll be ran as a forum tournament by myself.

Challenge #1: There is already a bracketed 1-bar yearly tournament, so the chances of this either getting bracket-sanctioned or replacing the current 1-bar tournament are slim by my estimation.

Challenge #2: This is a cash-prize tournament. Incorporating this into the schedule or making it a bracketed tournament may draw questions or expectations towards adding cash prizes for other tournaments.

Challenge #3: A bracketed tournament must be set up and ran by a mod. They have enough on their plate as it is running the site. Even though no titles are being handed out to the Champion, a mod would still need to run it since I don't have mod powers as a regular user to access bracket protocols.

But you never know. Staff may like the momentum of this tournament and see it fit to incorporate this into the schedule.