View Single Post
Unread 02-29-2020, 03:08 PM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
Then I'd have to disagree. I think someone can be a guest in Hip Hop, but I don't think it has anything to do with race. B-Dot and Lord Jamar probably think of Hip Hop as "black music," and in that sense, they view anyone who isn't black doing Hip Hop as being a guest. I would disagree with that as well.
B-Dot’s probably one of the more polarizing live battlers today for that reason. I’ve only ever seen him battle 1 white guy (stricc), but he mainly battles on KOTD which is ran by a white dude (Organik).

His ideal of being a guest in hip-hop would be like an all-white heavy-metal band saying a black lead singer for a heavy-metal band is a “guest in heavy-metal”. The backlash from that kind of statement would be huge, yet people don’t seem to bat an eye when Lord Jamar says it about Eminem.

Last edited by Locchart; 02-29-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Unread 02-29-2020, 03:08 PM   #8

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
Then I'd have to disagree. I think someone can be a guest in Hip Hop, but I don't think it has anything to do with race. B-Dot and Lord Jamar probably think of Hip Hop as "black music," and in that sense, they view anyone who isn't black doing Hip Hop as being a guest. I would disagree with that as well.
B-Dot’s probably one of the more polarizing live battlers today for that reason. I’ve only ever seen him battle 1 white guy (stricc), but he mainly battles on KOTD which is ran by a white dude (Organik).

His ideal of being a guest in hip-hop would be like an all-white heavy-metal band saying a black lead singer for a heavy-metal band is a “guest in heavy-metal”. The backlash from that kind of statement would be huge, yet people don’t seem to bat an eye when Lord Jamar says it about Eminem.

Last edited by Locchart; 02-29-2020 at 03:11 PM.