View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Lockhart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This, without a shadow of a doubt, was an absolutely AMAZING Final. All three of you did exceptionally well, but alas, there can only be one winner.

MUGGZ: The fact that you portrayed yourself as the planet itself seemed to be quite challenging, but you did very well in that perspective. I felt that some of your rhyming in spots was a bit shaky and it took away from the flow and the story itself, but it was nothing major enough to where you completely lose points in areas and cost yourself the Final. Overall this was a very solid topical.

Dono: The analogy you used of comparing someone's life crashing down around them to the Earth pretty much destroying itself was pretty hard to do as well, but I felt you illustrated both masterfully by comparing both story lines to each other. I felt the concept of the guy losing the battle to alcohol may have been a little bit overdone and used before, but still very nice work. You put a couple new spins to it.

McJewFro: I felt you did an outstanding job of comparing the end of the world to World War 3 and having it have an Armageddon type feel to it. Definitely a good job in terms of imagery and showing different timelines when it comes to actions happening. I felt that in some areas, your flow was a bit iffy and I mean this by a couple stanzas were a little bit more verbose than others, but it didn't effect how your story was told and how it made it's impact. Great ending, by the way.

Overall: These 3 topicals were completely amazing, but I'm going to give the edge here to : @mcjewfro

Shout outs as well to @Dono and @Muggz. This was completely incredible.
Unread 01-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #5

Lockhart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This, without a shadow of a doubt, was an absolutely AMAZING Final. All three of you did exceptionally well, but alas, there can only be one winner.

MUGGZ: The fact that you portrayed yourself as the planet itself seemed to be quite challenging, but you did very well in that perspective. I felt that some of your rhyming in spots was a bit shaky and it took away from the flow and the story itself, but it was nothing major enough to where you completely lose points in areas and cost yourself the Final. Overall this was a very solid topical.

Dono: The analogy you used of comparing someone's life crashing down around them to the Earth pretty much destroying itself was pretty hard to do as well, but I felt you illustrated both masterfully by comparing both story lines to each other. I felt the concept of the guy losing the battle to alcohol may have been a little bit overdone and used before, but still very nice work. You put a couple new spins to it.

McJewFro: I felt you did an outstanding job of comparing the end of the world to World War 3 and having it have an Armageddon type feel to it. Definitely a good job in terms of imagery and showing different timelines when it comes to actions happening. I felt that in some areas, your flow was a bit iffy and I mean this by a couple stanzas were a little bit more verbose than others, but it didn't effect how your story was told and how it made it's impact. Great ending, by the way.

Overall: These 3 topicals were completely amazing, but I'm going to give the edge here to : @mcjewfro

Shout outs as well to @Dono and @Muggz. This was completely incredible.