View Single Post
Unread 06-30-2012, 04:36 PM
THUGGED ON HIM
Banned
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
78 Won / 8 Lost

And i think @Just € ...i think we should also have VARIETY OF OTHER BATTLES like HORRORCORE and TOPICALS.People here battling must be bored just doing only A SINGLE TYPE OF OF BATTLE i.e DISS BATTLES which inturn create beef between rappers."FUCK YOU and FUCK YOUR MUM" and other disses are too generic and just to make this "SITE MORE INTERESTING",yall should introduce TOPICAL BATTLES TOO.We - are trying to keep the lyrical element alive, and doing Topicals in a non-confrontational way seems to be a good idea - isn't it? It aint "Battling" the way we are approaching it.

Then that's all the more reason for you to be here at Letsbeef.com to express yourself on a serious platform. It IS Hip Hop oriented too, though there is no compulsion to adopt any particular style or meter, you may write whatever manner you wish to.

Just keep it lyrical, and keep it "You". Individuality and depth are what we're hoping to see here. If it ends up sounding like a Rapped verse, there is nothing wrong with that, at all. if fact many people would love to see that "tinge" of overlapping styles & influences.

Most importantly, I don't care being called Elitist or whatever, it should be all about total creative freedom without having to Dumb it Down for mass consumption. The "competition" we spoke about is nowhere but within You, the tussle between the Poet and the Rapper in you.
Nothing to gain other than the appreciation and love of your peers, here.

Just rooting to make this a breeding grounds for self-exploration / discovery/re-discovery / invention / re-invention - and not give a fuck about conformity or 'convention'.

^
That sounds like a lotta idealist shit I know, lol. BUT do give it a thought, and just plunge in if you will. Letsbeef may well be the place Innocent Noobs who are willing to learn have been looking for all this while..

@SA_ANZ ,thanks for the appreciation on my breakdown.That is Exactly what my aim was too. Instead of sharing bits n pieces with good ppl like u over chat n inbox, decided to put it all here so that its easier to access n refer to for u guys - while making my life a lil easier by not having to feed these thru to everyone one - by - one! Spreading experience, strength and hope can never be a waste - unless u refuse to receive it or spread it about yourself.If u devalue urself, then ur insulting ur Art too. If u play down ur self-respect so much (never mind if ur "weak" or new to it) - then it's a serious disrespect to ur Art too.

@SA_NZ ,I was never high on how i won that battle.He asked me and i answered him.That was it.Case was closed.Now self-confidence isnt Arrogance or over-confidence or tryin to convince urself that ur the Best n stuff - Nope. Self-respect is All about admitting to ur flaws and not feel bad or ashamed because of it cuz at the end of the day,you will be knowing your problems (by the categorical breakdown of votes though) and they can be your STEPPING STONES TO SUCCESS.
THAT is self-respect, THAT is the way u need to stop thinking it's a "waste" to be around u, THAT is the way to be True to Hip Hop - be True to Yourself.

Well - not many ppl realise it - but @Dave , @KWONZILLA n Me have been trying to encourage this a long while now - that Voting n analysing others' Battles is as important as Battling itself.

The insight YOU will get - unlocking mysteries of the techniques and Rhyming 'canvas' - you'll be Surprised at how much Awareness it administers - like the perfect "Top-up" after youve become a pretty decent and confident Battle Rapper urself.

Voting is one heck of a constructive challenge - it's why I don't feel the need to battle myself. Once Voting experience solidifies ur own basics, u will automatically find urself Analyzing ur OWN future spits so much more thoroughly n take time to actually "Craft" a verse like it should be.

And that awareness will SURELY help u polish ur verses when it's ur turn.

Actually,battler's are nothing in front of the voters!
A battler has to take care of his own verse contrary to voter who'll analyse 2 verses and will even give suggestions for improvement!

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Reason why i want Topical Battles here are-

1]-
Bringing back Lyricism - keeping it competitive so - The Illest Survive - where regular Battling helps Flow and Punchline attacks -- there is ONE way to Bring Truly Eloquent Expression elevated to an Art form.

2]-
NOT for the FAINT HEARTED!! -- The "" CONFESSION BOX ""--For The first Time ever - SELF DISS battles!![*]It takes Balls and Guts to examine one's own Flaws.It's not for everyone.[*]The deal is this - All this while we've had Critics and Judges and Diss Battle Opponents doing the Job for us.BUT ULTIMATELY - who knows You better than Your Own Self?? IT'S TIME WE TURN THE MIRROR INWARDS!!

3]-
ALPHABET SOUP = The Alliteration Alehouse!! (Rhyme & Multies' cyphers in Alphabetic order!! One Bar per go, every Bar has to be Alliterative - in alphabetic order. AND of course, kept lyrical!! Must make sense as well, not just blind syllables crammed into words!!

4]-
Now this has Medicinal value - we are SO SICK of seeing Rappers and Lyric writers dropping mindless rhymes that just, well, Rhyme and "sound" fly - but actually say Nothing, mean Nothing! THIS ought to put things in perspective.

There is SO much More - these are just Ideas that seem Dope and tailored to bring out the Best in us.
The possibilities are endless - we will be Inventing things & activities & Tourneys & impromptu Contests - At Any time, All the time!!

SO - Let's get the Ball rolling - and as we pick up momentum and find our Grooves Acts and Activities shall lead to Performance and Promotion and Propagation - RECOGNITION on Bigger Platforms for the Deserving!!

The Best things in life are measured and take time to descend. Once this place picks up, there will be no looking back. And personally I intend to make this much much more and enriching than ur average Battling forums. I havent built network with u guys for nothing. It must culminate into that which actually help each one of you - lead happier lives. We all carry our scars. This place will help us Heal. That I promise you!

Last edited by THUGGED ON HIM; 06-30-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Unread 06-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #7

THUGGED ON HIM
Banned
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
78 Won / 8 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

And i think @Just € ...i think we should also have VARIETY OF OTHER BATTLES like HORRORCORE and TOPICALS.People here battling must be bored just doing only A SINGLE TYPE OF OF BATTLE i.e DISS BATTLES which inturn create beef between rappers."FUCK YOU and FUCK YOUR MUM" and other disses are too generic and just to make this "SITE MORE INTERESTING",yall should introduce TOPICAL BATTLES TOO.We - are trying to keep the lyrical element alive, and doing Topicals in a non-confrontational way seems to be a good idea - isn't it? It aint "Battling" the way we are approaching it.

Then that's all the more reason for you to be here at Letsbeef.com to express yourself on a serious platform. It IS Hip Hop oriented too, though there is no compulsion to adopt any particular style or meter, you may write whatever manner you wish to.

Just keep it lyrical, and keep it "You". Individuality and depth are what we're hoping to see here. If it ends up sounding like a Rapped verse, there is nothing wrong with that, at all. if fact many people would love to see that "tinge" of overlapping styles & influences.

Most importantly, I don't care being called Elitist or whatever, it should be all about total creative freedom without having to Dumb it Down for mass consumption. The "competition" we spoke about is nowhere but within You, the tussle between the Poet and the Rapper in you.
Nothing to gain other than the appreciation and love of your peers, here.

Just rooting to make this a breeding grounds for self-exploration / discovery/re-discovery / invention / re-invention - and not give a fuck about conformity or 'convention'.

^
That sounds like a lotta idealist shit I know, lol. BUT do give it a thought, and just plunge in if you will. Letsbeef may well be the place Innocent Noobs who are willing to learn have been looking for all this while..

@SA_ANZ ,thanks for the appreciation on my breakdown.That is Exactly what my aim was too. Instead of sharing bits n pieces with good ppl like u over chat n inbox, decided to put it all here so that its easier to access n refer to for u guys - while making my life a lil easier by not having to feed these thru to everyone one - by - one! Spreading experience, strength and hope can never be a waste - unless u refuse to receive it or spread it about yourself.If u devalue urself, then ur insulting ur Art too. If u play down ur self-respect so much (never mind if ur "weak" or new to it) - then it's a serious disrespect to ur Art too.

@SA_NZ ,I was never high on how i won that battle.He asked me and i answered him.That was it.Case was closed.Now self-confidence isnt Arrogance or over-confidence or tryin to convince urself that ur the Best n stuff - Nope. Self-respect is All about admitting to ur flaws and not feel bad or ashamed because of it cuz at the end of the day,you will be knowing your problems (by the categorical breakdown of votes though) and they can be your STEPPING STONES TO SUCCESS.
THAT is self-respect, THAT is the way u need to stop thinking it's a "waste" to be around u, THAT is the way to be True to Hip Hop - be True to Yourself.

Well - not many ppl realise it - but @Dave , @KWONZILLA n Me have been trying to encourage this a long while now - that Voting n analysing others' Battles is as important as Battling itself.

The insight YOU will get - unlocking mysteries of the techniques and Rhyming 'canvas' - you'll be Surprised at how much Awareness it administers - like the perfect "Top-up" after youve become a pretty decent and confident Battle Rapper urself.

Voting is one heck of a constructive challenge - it's why I don't feel the need to battle myself. Once Voting experience solidifies ur own basics, u will automatically find urself Analyzing ur OWN future spits so much more thoroughly n take time to actually "Craft" a verse like it should be.

And that awareness will SURELY help u polish ur verses when it's ur turn.

Actually,battler's are nothing in front of the voters!
A battler has to take care of his own verse contrary to voter who'll analyse 2 verses and will even give suggestions for improvement!

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Reason why i want Topical Battles here are-

1]-
Bringing back Lyricism - keeping it competitive so - The Illest Survive - where regular Battling helps Flow and Punchline attacks -- there is ONE way to Bring Truly Eloquent Expression elevated to an Art form.

2]-
NOT for the FAINT HEARTED!! -- The "" CONFESSION BOX ""--For The first Time ever - SELF DISS battles!![*]It takes Balls and Guts to examine one's own Flaws.It's not for everyone.[*]The deal is this - All this while we've had Critics and Judges and Diss Battle Opponents doing the Job for us.BUT ULTIMATELY - who knows You better than Your Own Self?? IT'S TIME WE TURN THE MIRROR INWARDS!!

3]-
ALPHABET SOUP = The Alliteration Alehouse!! (Rhyme & Multies' cyphers in Alphabetic order!! One Bar per go, every Bar has to be Alliterative - in alphabetic order. AND of course, kept lyrical!! Must make sense as well, not just blind syllables crammed into words!!

4]-
Now this has Medicinal value - we are SO SICK of seeing Rappers and Lyric writers dropping mindless rhymes that just, well, Rhyme and "sound" fly - but actually say Nothing, mean Nothing! THIS ought to put things in perspective.

There is SO much More - these are just Ideas that seem Dope and tailored to bring out the Best in us.
The possibilities are endless - we will be Inventing things & activities & Tourneys & impromptu Contests - At Any time, All the time!!

SO - Let's get the Ball rolling - and as we pick up momentum and find our Grooves Acts and Activities shall lead to Performance and Promotion and Propagation - RECOGNITION on Bigger Platforms for the Deserving!!

The Best things in life are measured and take time to descend. Once this place picks up, there will be no looking back. And personally I intend to make this much much more and enriching than ur average Battling forums. I havent built network with u guys for nothing. It must culminate into that which actually help each one of you - lead happier lives. We all carry our scars. This place will help us Heal. That I promise you!

Last edited by THUGGED ON HIM; 06-30-2012 at 04:40 PM.