Thread: Does this rhyme
View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2020, 09:54 PM
Benny Lectric
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post

@Manhattan

that song made many charts.. plenty of money.. so rhyming those words was a smart move in my eyes...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can%27...t_(T-Pain_song)

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I think the important thing to remember is that the crowd we are really appealing to on this site when it comes to battle rap is a body of other rappers... Everyone judging our lyrics are writers themselves. Of course there will be criticisms on word choice, style techniques, etc... To a crowd of people who aren't also battle rapping half of the technical factors we care about actually don't matter. People want to be entertained when it comes to music and lyrics. They don't want to analyze. As voters that are also battling, we analyze critically. With all honesty also, who can actually read someone's text battle and know the exact flow someone is using. If you can, you're lying... there's a big difference in reading and listening. Even without the accent of some of the foreign rappers I can still rhyme the words that they do. It looks funky when written, but delivered in speech it's perfectly fine.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T O Y View Post
i STILL remember when Lil Wayne rhymed Rock with July in that damn Kevin Rudolph song
@S T O Y

yeah.. because if you emphasize on particular sounds the words will rhyme.. it removes all limit from writing lyrics... another song that also made chart positions and plenty of money.. smart move..

Quote:
Benny man thank you so much for this great expo! Like, u brought it! I should ask for these more often 😆 I'm still grasping all these LB concepts and style and it's fun as hell but it's definitely tough to be a newbie lol.

but I think Dumb and I both needed to hear what you're saying and it's gonna have us coming back stronger next time!
Unread 08-25-2020, 09:54 PM   #60

Benny Lectric
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.6/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 42 audio / 230 text
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post

@Manhattan

that song made many charts.. plenty of money.. so rhyming those words was a smart move in my eyes...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can%27...t_(T-Pain_song)

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I think the important thing to remember is that the crowd we are really appealing to on this site when it comes to battle rap is a body of other rappers... Everyone judging our lyrics are writers themselves. Of course there will be criticisms on word choice, style techniques, etc... To a crowd of people who aren't also battle rapping half of the technical factors we care about actually don't matter. People want to be entertained when it comes to music and lyrics. They don't want to analyze. As voters that are also battling, we analyze critically. With all honesty also, who can actually read someone's text battle and know the exact flow someone is using. If you can, you're lying... there's a big difference in reading and listening. Even without the accent of some of the foreign rappers I can still rhyme the words that they do. It looks funky when written, but delivered in speech it's perfectly fine.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T O Y View Post
i STILL remember when Lil Wayne rhymed Rock with July in that damn Kevin Rudolph song
@S T O Y

yeah.. because if you emphasize on particular sounds the words will rhyme.. it removes all limit from writing lyrics... another song that also made chart positions and plenty of money.. smart move..

Quote:
Benny man thank you so much for this great expo! Like, u brought it! I should ask for these more often 😆 I'm still grasping all these LB concepts and style and it's fun as hell but it's definitely tough to be a newbie lol.

but I think Dumb and I both needed to hear what you're saying and it's gonna have us coming back stronger next time!