Thread: Does this rhyme
View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2020, 09:18 AM
RhymeClops
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
95 Won / 27 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T O Y View Post
I feel you with the rose colored glasses.. & some battlers did step it up I'm not denying that but voting was definitely more comprehensive then. You don't see new names climbing the ranks now like they use to (aside from kiwi or whatever from what I've seen) it's just the average to above average old heads who have stuck around & the other ppl around haven't exactly gotten better, just stingy lol.

Your government is only as good as your voting you know? You did have a lot of hate votes & dickriders back then which sucked but the general appreciation for creativity has dwindled alot. It is completely subjective but creativity for me is where the strength is in a verse. Fresh concepts are of utmost importance... then flow & delivery, then punches (but those two are way more interchangable). Complex multies, metaphors, wordplay, etc. Hell throw in alliteration, double timing, etc. I'd consider almost staples in every verse, but that's flexible. Ya'll more-so judge strictly on punches now, no matter how basic the concepts, how lack-luster the creativity overall, how boring the flow & lousy the set ups—like its a boxing match. It isn't, mostly lol. It's more mental. It's completely mental. This shit is an artform, there's suppose to be style points. A punch with a weak concept is tantamount to a swing & miss. Imagine a song with a weak flow & delivery, nothing else would matter bc the dude sounds like ass - the song would suck. You can't land punches if you don't know how to swing them. & a verse with no multis, metaphors, or wordplay is just boring. Just throwing jabs won't do the trick, you need hooks, you need uppercuts, you need bodyshots... feel me?

You use to see something a little different back then & be like ooooo. Now being different means youre harder to read. & yo deadass I'm trying to pronounce skull & pull in a way that doesn't rhyme & I like can't so its boggling to me that yall would really expect ppl to rhyme more precise than that & distinctly to your accent or else it's just written off. Use your imagination, be open minded. Voters think they're simon cowell out here, you're not, you're just readers.
Yo ill battle u bro if u think the sites dead. Set the terms. Im climbin the ladders tryna keep it alive. Respect.
Unread 08-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #52

RhymeClops
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.98/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
95 Won / 27 Lost

Voted: 331 audio / 223 text
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T O Y View Post
I feel you with the rose colored glasses.. & some battlers did step it up I'm not denying that but voting was definitely more comprehensive then. You don't see new names climbing the ranks now like they use to (aside from kiwi or whatever from what I've seen) it's just the average to above average old heads who have stuck around & the other ppl around haven't exactly gotten better, just stingy lol.

Your government is only as good as your voting you know? You did have a lot of hate votes & dickriders back then which sucked but the general appreciation for creativity has dwindled alot. It is completely subjective but creativity for me is where the strength is in a verse. Fresh concepts are of utmost importance... then flow & delivery, then punches (but those two are way more interchangable). Complex multies, metaphors, wordplay, etc. Hell throw in alliteration, double timing, etc. I'd consider almost staples in every verse, but that's flexible. Ya'll more-so judge strictly on punches now, no matter how basic the concepts, how lack-luster the creativity overall, how boring the flow & lousy the set ups—like its a boxing match. It isn't, mostly lol. It's more mental. It's completely mental. This shit is an artform, there's suppose to be style points. A punch with a weak concept is tantamount to a swing & miss. Imagine a song with a weak flow & delivery, nothing else would matter bc the dude sounds like ass - the song would suck. You can't land punches if you don't know how to swing them. & a verse with no multis, metaphors, or wordplay is just boring. Just throwing jabs won't do the trick, you need hooks, you need uppercuts, you need bodyshots... feel me?

You use to see something a little different back then & be like ooooo. Now being different means youre harder to read. & yo deadass I'm trying to pronounce skull & pull in a way that doesn't rhyme & I like can't so its boggling to me that yall would really expect ppl to rhyme more precise than that & distinctly to your accent or else it's just written off. Use your imagination, be open minded. Voters think they're simon cowell out here, you're not, you're just readers.
Yo ill battle u bro if u think the sites dead. Set the terms. Im climbin the ladders tryna keep it alive. Respect.