View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Battling / rapping prowess goes hand in hand with your understanding / knowledge of battling / rapping. The best writers understand writing the most from my experiences whether it be discussion or their voting understandably so. Because they've actually been behind the scenes of putting together all of the layers that can be seen in a good/great verse. There is only so much you can comprehend by not actually experiencing and being able to perform certain actions. Someone who isn't on my level pen wise can't really be on the same plane as me when breaking down the intricacies of a verse. It actually kinda turns into a lesson from me rather than a convo. I also believe not being able to perform certain actions generally doesn't let you understand the effort / skill those things take and may lead some to be dismissive of those aspects.

It's one thing to explain a vote well, it's another thing to be accurate and have insight / knowledge behind your judgement. I could express my opinion very eloquently but that doesn't mean it's still not way off for whatever reason that may be.
gotta say I agree with bleu on this one 100%, there are obviously exceptions to every rule however it isn't out of the realm of common sense to assert one with a polished grasp on the medium can develop more of a veteran outlook & be vastly more equipped to break material down. Especially in comparison to someone who only grasps the concepts theyre breaking down at an ameteur level, which is less of a percentage of people these days but still is present. So its not that you /have/ to be a polished writer in order to break something down but if those with higher vp were really representative of the members most equipped to deserve that high VP, I'm willing to bet deleting my account that the list would be almost parallel to the top emcees here with like two exceptions

On the topic of who "deserves" higher vp it should most definitely not be mods simply because "moderator" worthy activity doesnt have to even include consistent or descriptive voting these days. So why give them privileges for voting? I cant tell you how many times I've gotten one sentence or 4 word votes from mods. If a mods single vote can sway the outcome of my battle completely it better be longer than a single fucking sentence lol.

Higher VP should be given to a new group in the same vain as the FVC, a group which mods should also be able to join because there ARE mods who deserve the vp they currently have. This group should vet people via their voting history before joining as well as consistently look at the votes of members in the group to see if they are withholding the high standard. im willing to do all that myself if yall actually wanna run with something like that, because so far the other solutions are pretty messy

Last edited by Babylon; 11-30-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #54

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Battling / rapping prowess goes hand in hand with your understanding / knowledge of battling / rapping. The best writers understand writing the most from my experiences whether it be discussion or their voting understandably so. Because they've actually been behind the scenes of putting together all of the layers that can be seen in a good/great verse. There is only so much you can comprehend by not actually experiencing and being able to perform certain actions. Someone who isn't on my level pen wise can't really be on the same plane as me when breaking down the intricacies of a verse. It actually kinda turns into a lesson from me rather than a convo. I also believe not being able to perform certain actions generally doesn't let you understand the effort / skill those things take and may lead some to be dismissive of those aspects.

It's one thing to explain a vote well, it's another thing to be accurate and have insight / knowledge behind your judgement. I could express my opinion very eloquently but that doesn't mean it's still not way off for whatever reason that may be.
gotta say I agree with bleu on this one 100%, there are obviously exceptions to every rule however it isn't out of the realm of common sense to assert one with a polished grasp on the medium can develop more of a veteran outlook & be vastly more equipped to break material down. Especially in comparison to someone who only grasps the concepts theyre breaking down at an ameteur level, which is less of a percentage of people these days but still is present. So its not that you /have/ to be a polished writer in order to break something down but if those with higher vp were really representative of the members most equipped to deserve that high VP, I'm willing to bet deleting my account that the list would be almost parallel to the top emcees here with like two exceptions

On the topic of who "deserves" higher vp it should most definitely not be mods simply because "moderator" worthy activity doesnt have to even include consistent or descriptive voting these days. So why give them privileges for voting? I cant tell you how many times I've gotten one sentence or 4 word votes from mods. If a mods single vote can sway the outcome of my battle completely it better be longer than a single fucking sentence lol.

Higher VP should be given to a new group in the same vain as the FVC, a group which mods should also be able to join because there ARE mods who deserve the vp they currently have. This group should vet people via their voting history before joining as well as consistently look at the votes of members in the group to see if they are withholding the high standard. im willing to do all that myself if yall actually wanna run with something like that, because so far the other solutions are pretty messy

Last edited by Babylon; 11-30-2017 at 12:57 PM.