View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:31 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Battling / rapping prowess goes hand in hand with your understanding / knowledge of battling / rapping. The best writers understand writing the most from my experiences whether it be discussion or their voting understandably so. Because they've actually been behind the scenes of putting together all of the layers that can be seen in a good/great verse. There is only so much you can comprehend by not actually experiencing and being able to perform certain actions. Someone who isn't on my level pen wise can't really be on the same plane as me when breaking down the intricacies of a verse. It actually kinda turns into a lesson from me rather than a convo. I also believe not being able to perform certain actions generally doesn't let you understand the effort / skill those things take and may lead some to be dismissive of those aspects.
Someone can have an understanding/knowledge of battling without actually being a dope battler. It's just like Phil Jackson has probably never been able to beat any of the players he has coached in basketball, but he has enough understanding to be their coach. Some of the referees who make the calls in the NBA are downright out of shape, but they understand the rules of the game better than anyone else, even the players. I've seen people who are considered the best battlers drop votes I would consider shitty, or otherwise disagree with each other as to the winner on the same battle. Even being a "dope battler" itself is not as rigid as some people try to make it out to be. Very few people that are considered dope battlers here can go to another battling site and be considered dope to the same extent, because they have different styles and different things that they consider "dope." Even within LetsBeef, different eras see things differently. Someone that's considered dope today might not have been considered dope 5 years ago, or vice versa. It's not that rigid.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #53

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Battling / rapping prowess goes hand in hand with your understanding / knowledge of battling / rapping. The best writers understand writing the most from my experiences whether it be discussion or their voting understandably so. Because they've actually been behind the scenes of putting together all of the layers that can be seen in a good/great verse. There is only so much you can comprehend by not actually experiencing and being able to perform certain actions. Someone who isn't on my level pen wise can't really be on the same plane as me when breaking down the intricacies of a verse. It actually kinda turns into a lesson from me rather than a convo. I also believe not being able to perform certain actions generally doesn't let you understand the effort / skill those things take and may lead some to be dismissive of those aspects.
Someone can have an understanding/knowledge of battling without actually being a dope battler. It's just like Phil Jackson has probably never been able to beat any of the players he has coached in basketball, but he has enough understanding to be their coach. Some of the referees who make the calls in the NBA are downright out of shape, but they understand the rules of the game better than anyone else, even the players. I've seen people who are considered the best battlers drop votes I would consider shitty, or otherwise disagree with each other as to the winner on the same battle. Even being a "dope battler" itself is not as rigid as some people try to make it out to be. Very few people that are considered dope battlers here can go to another battling site and be considered dope to the same extent, because they have different styles and different things that they consider "dope." Even within LetsBeef, different eras see things differently. Someone that's considered dope today might not have been considered dope 5 years ago, or vice versa. It's not that rigid.