Thread: MMA or Boxing?
View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2010, 12:26 AM
UnEtHıCaL
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

To me, boixng is still much more entertaining. I will just show you the last two full events I have watched in boxing and MMA, and I think it sums up why I prefer boxing:-

Mike Jones V Irving Garcia KO 5
Antwone Smith V Lanardo Tyner TKO 9
Kevin Carmody V Ryan Belasco UD 6
Walter Edwards V Anthony Smith TKO 2
Miguel Corcino V Epifanio Cosme Rodriguez TKO 1

Nate Diaz V Marcus Davis SUB 3
Kenny Florian V Gray Maynard UD 3
Demian Maia V Mario Miranda UD 3
Randy Couture V James Toney SUB 1
Frankie Edgar (c) vs. B.J. Penn *STOPPED WATCHING*

The boxing event had one decision, and both early and late KOs, and this was a small enough event.

The UFC event had two decisions, two submissions (one unimpressive by Couture) and whatever will happen in the Penn fight.

I watch this stuff for KOs. I feel that MMA has too much grappling, clinching and fear of being hit in the fighters (rightfully due to practically bare knuckle fighting). There isn't enough stand up punch for punch action, which I find more entertaining than gaining a more advantagous position on the ground.

That's just me though. I have boxing in my blood, and although as a sport I'd prefer to do MMA, I think Boxing is more entertaining to watch.
Unread 08-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #2

UnEtHıCaL

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

To me, boixng is still much more entertaining. I will just show you the last two full events I have watched in boxing and MMA, and I think it sums up why I prefer boxing:-

Mike Jones V Irving Garcia KO 5
Antwone Smith V Lanardo Tyner TKO 9
Kevin Carmody V Ryan Belasco UD 6
Walter Edwards V Anthony Smith TKO 2
Miguel Corcino V Epifanio Cosme Rodriguez TKO 1

Nate Diaz V Marcus Davis SUB 3
Kenny Florian V Gray Maynard UD 3
Demian Maia V Mario Miranda UD 3
Randy Couture V James Toney SUB 1
Frankie Edgar (c) vs. B.J. Penn *STOPPED WATCHING*

The boxing event had one decision, and both early and late KOs, and this was a small enough event.

The UFC event had two decisions, two submissions (one unimpressive by Couture) and whatever will happen in the Penn fight.

I watch this stuff for KOs. I feel that MMA has too much grappling, clinching and fear of being hit in the fighters (rightfully due to practically bare knuckle fighting). There isn't enough stand up punch for punch action, which I find more entertaining than gaining a more advantagous position on the ground.

That's just me though. I have boxing in my blood, and although as a sport I'd prefer to do MMA, I think Boxing is more entertaining to watch.