View Single Post
Unread 02-29-2020, 03:43 PM
GOOD GRIEF
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
I'm black...and I don't see Hip Hop as "black music." If you were to say Hip Hop was black-originated or black-dominated, I may agree with that, but the fact of the matter is...there have ALWAYS been people of other races involved in Hip Hop right from the very beginning, from Puerto Rican B-Boys and graffiti artists to white producers, etc. Hip Hop is global.
I get where you’re coming from but I’m against the idea of grouping everything into a global category. It’s black music in the same sense the Boondocks is a black show. Of course everyone enjoys it and white people help make it but... cmon lol. We’re so eager nowadays to not put anything in a category because it doesn’t sound nice. It’s always “you guys this is for everyone, love peace and sharing, go team” but I can’t do that with everything. Can’t black people own anything without having to share credit? I think Eminem is the GOAT personally BUT... hip hop is black music to me. Sorry
Unread 02-29-2020, 03:43 PM   #10

GOOD GRIEF
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 155 text
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
I'm black...and I don't see Hip Hop as "black music." If you were to say Hip Hop was black-originated or black-dominated, I may agree with that, but the fact of the matter is...there have ALWAYS been people of other races involved in Hip Hop right from the very beginning, from Puerto Rican B-Boys and graffiti artists to white producers, etc. Hip Hop is global.
I get where you’re coming from but I’m against the idea of grouping everything into a global category. It’s black music in the same sense the Boondocks is a black show. Of course everyone enjoys it and white people help make it but... cmon lol. We’re so eager nowadays to not put anything in a category because it doesn’t sound nice. It’s always “you guys this is for everyone, love peace and sharing, go team” but I can’t do that with everything. Can’t black people own anything without having to share credit? I think Eminem is the GOAT personally BUT... hip hop is black music to me. Sorry