View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2020, 02:54 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Ok so I'm not going to vote on this because I wasn't around when Krhyme was active, but here are my thoughts:

I went through KK's record to find a list of his victories over big names. Hopefully this can help me, and others, make an informed decision. Here is what I found (for text):

Tournament history:
Rookie of the Year 2009 2nd place
One Bar Tournament I 2nd place

List of victories over names I recognise as probably being pretty good (W–L):
• RULE (1–2)
• RhetoriK (1–0)
• AmBitiousFlow (2–0)
• swiftkeys (1–1)
• HVK (1–0)
• GRizzEAT (2–0)
• Multiple Madness (1–0)
• Dissizit (1–0)
• GOOD GRIEF (1–0)
• EtH (1–0)
• AkRid_ArTz (1–0)
• Frankie Clipz (1–0)

Overall, I believe Krhyme Killz should not be inducted into the Hall of Fame for Text Battling. Here is why:

Krhyme clearly sparred many times with the heavyweights of his era – RULE, Mayneak, EJT, Illimit, Mani Mula, YOU WISH, reEFer, remarK, Coree Warpath – but against every one of the names I just listed he has a losing record. RULE is actually the only one of those names he ever beat at all. Tournament wise, the 2009 Rookie Championship wasn't even a tournament, the site decided RULE and KK were the best two candidates and they had one battle. EtH, RULE and Nick all ranked KK in the mid-30s in their greatest textcees of all time lists, and nobody disagreed with that; imo mid-30s isn't a justifiably high ranking for someone being inducted into the Text HOF which currently has 19 inductees.
Unread 10-25-2020, 02:54 AM   #4

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)

Ok so I'm not going to vote on this because I wasn't around when Krhyme was active, but here are my thoughts:

I went through KK's record to find a list of his victories over big names. Hopefully this can help me, and others, make an informed decision. Here is what I found (for text):

Tournament history:
Rookie of the Year 2009 2nd place
One Bar Tournament I 2nd place

List of victories over names I recognise as probably being pretty good (W–L):
• RULE (1–2)
• RhetoriK (1–0)
• AmBitiousFlow (2–0)
• swiftkeys (1–1)
• HVK (1–0)
• GRizzEAT (2–0)
• Multiple Madness (1–0)
• Dissizit (1–0)
• GOOD GRIEF (1–0)
• EtH (1–0)
• AkRid_ArTz (1–0)
• Frankie Clipz (1–0)

Overall, I believe Krhyme Killz should not be inducted into the Hall of Fame for Text Battling. Here is why:

Krhyme clearly sparred many times with the heavyweights of his era – RULE, Mayneak, EJT, Illimit, Mani Mula, YOU WISH, reEFer, remarK, Coree Warpath – but against every one of the names I just listed he has a losing record. RULE is actually the only one of those names he ever beat at all. Tournament wise, the 2009 Rookie Championship wasn't even a tournament, the site decided RULE and KK were the best two candidates and they had one battle. EtH, RULE and Nick all ranked KK in the mid-30s in their greatest textcees of all time lists, and nobody disagreed with that; imo mid-30s isn't a justifiably high ranking for someone being inducted into the Text HOF which currently has 19 inductees.