View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2017, 12:31 PM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyve SCIENCE View Post
And I think political parties shouldn't be allowed in politics. I also am not "alt - rigjt" (a term none of you used prior to the 2016 election) or right wing at all. I believe in the smallest government possible and freedom of speech and body if not hurting anyone. And yes, I honestly put the most factual and logical information into this thread. Some speak much more eloquent than I do but poison can be drunk with kool aid. If you disagree with what I said, let me know what.
I continue not to use the term because I don't group beliefs into directions.

Nick is correct in what the definition of political correctness is. He just has a habit of picking out small things in vernacular to try and deviate the point or marginalise the topic. The issue with a lot on the politically correct side is that it's no longer just a view they hold. When they are blocking university entrances to exclusively white students, or when they are trying to create safe spaces and limit what can and can't be said, this is where you have an issue. When they are trying to instigate something because you decided to dress as a native american for Halloween, this is where you have an issue.

The belief of "everyone should be treated equally", which EVERYONE should agree with, becomes skewed by bias and personal agendas. Misreading, or even worse misreporting, statistics to highlight something you feel offended by is an example.

But that doesn't mean that acting with human decency and allowing everyone to do and live their lives is a negative.
Unread 03-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #72

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyve SCIENCE View Post
And I think political parties shouldn't be allowed in politics. I also am not "alt - rigjt" (a term none of you used prior to the 2016 election) or right wing at all. I believe in the smallest government possible and freedom of speech and body if not hurting anyone. And yes, I honestly put the most factual and logical information into this thread. Some speak much more eloquent than I do but poison can be drunk with kool aid. If you disagree with what I said, let me know what.
I continue not to use the term because I don't group beliefs into directions.

Nick is correct in what the definition of political correctness is. He just has a habit of picking out small things in vernacular to try and deviate the point or marginalise the topic. The issue with a lot on the politically correct side is that it's no longer just a view they hold. When they are blocking university entrances to exclusively white students, or when they are trying to create safe spaces and limit what can and can't be said, this is where you have an issue. When they are trying to instigate something because you decided to dress as a native american for Halloween, this is where you have an issue.

The belief of "everyone should be treated equally", which EVERYONE should agree with, becomes skewed by bias and personal agendas. Misreading, or even worse misreporting, statistics to highlight something you feel offended by is an example.

But that doesn't mean that acting with human decency and allowing everyone to do and live their lives is a negative.