View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2015, 03:09 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

I understand what you are saying @Godbody and I know an even easier way to accomplish perfect skilled based ratings. It's called the ELO system and is an algorithmic calculation used to calculate chess rankings but can easily be adapted to other games and is similar to what they used at Goldmic which @ILLoKWENT was talking about. That would be the *perfect* way to go about it, but it won't be the easiest or most readily implementable. Meanwhile, the star ratings are already in place and are actually somewhat accurate though not perfect as we've both pointed out. People's dickrider ratings won't account for the average of ALL their ratings on all their battles. Because it's already in place, it's not that hard for us to create a page and simply list the top 100 in sequential order. We can either go for something that's not perfect but somewhat accomplishes what we want and is easier to implement therefore more likely to occur or we can go for something that perfectly accomplishes what we want but is more difficult and less likely to ever happen due to how difficult is is and how much time it would take. From my time here on LB, I've come to realize that not everything will happen right away. Look how long it took for us to get a new skin or for me to remove the cash banner which hadn't been applicable since November of last year. That's why I've come to have the approach that sometimes that which is more possible is more worthwhile to pursue than that which may be greater but less possible.
Unread 03-07-2015, 03:09 PM   #19

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

I understand what you are saying @Godbody and I know an even easier way to accomplish perfect skilled based ratings. It's called the ELO system and is an algorithmic calculation used to calculate chess rankings but can easily be adapted to other games and is similar to what they used at Goldmic which @ILLoKWENT was talking about. That would be the *perfect* way to go about it, but it won't be the easiest or most readily implementable. Meanwhile, the star ratings are already in place and are actually somewhat accurate though not perfect as we've both pointed out. People's dickrider ratings won't account for the average of ALL their ratings on all their battles. Because it's already in place, it's not that hard for us to create a page and simply list the top 100 in sequential order. We can either go for something that's not perfect but somewhat accomplishes what we want and is easier to implement therefore more likely to occur or we can go for something that perfectly accomplishes what we want but is more difficult and less likely to ever happen due to how difficult is is and how much time it would take. From my time here on LB, I've come to realize that not everything will happen right away. Look how long it took for us to get a new skin or for me to remove the cash banner which hadn't been applicable since November of last year. That's why I've come to have the approach that sometimes that which is more possible is more worthwhile to pursue than that which may be greater but less possible.