View Single Post
Unread 05-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Charan
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Ricky Lahey left the Scheme Tourney signups because he believes whoever the best friend of the mods will win anyway. That sounds more like the same half ass crybaby complaints about bias and favoritism than it does a legit criticism of how VP works.

Where was my fucking favoritism last week? I guess Kiwi and Lock must be best friends with Eth if that’s how things work. And if that’s the case, fuck y’all...you’re off my Xmas card list.
Valid points here. In its entirety, I feel like vote power has been an issue for a while, which is why it repeatedly gets brought up again...and again...and again.... Let me clarify, it's not that the wrong people have higher vote power. It's that the vote power itself is too high.

Ricky's point is "favoritism wins battles." This statement within itself is true. We all know it. We all know that "higher-ups" tend to vote certain ways that most would call questionable. That's always been an issue, and always will be. So I'm not addressing that.

What I am addressing is, how about we propose lowering the maximum vote power that we can have? That way, even if these votes do take place (and we all know they do take place) they aren't powerful enough to single-handedly change the outcome of the entire battle.
Unread 05-20-2020, 02:30 PM   #9

Charan
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 13 audio / 126 text
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Ricky Lahey left the Scheme Tourney signups because he believes whoever the best friend of the mods will win anyway. That sounds more like the same half ass crybaby complaints about bias and favoritism than it does a legit criticism of how VP works.

Where was my fucking favoritism last week? I guess Kiwi and Lock must be best friends with Eth if that’s how things work. And if that’s the case, fuck y’all...you’re off my Xmas card list.
Valid points here. In its entirety, I feel like vote power has been an issue for a while, which is why it repeatedly gets brought up again...and again...and again.... Let me clarify, it's not that the wrong people have higher vote power. It's that the vote power itself is too high.

Ricky's point is "favoritism wins battles." This statement within itself is true. We all know it. We all know that "higher-ups" tend to vote certain ways that most would call questionable. That's always been an issue, and always will be. So I'm not addressing that.

What I am addressing is, how about we propose lowering the maximum vote power that we can have? That way, even if these votes do take place (and we all know they do take place) they aren't powerful enough to single-handedly change the outcome of the entire battle.