View Single Post
Unread 07-07-2019, 04:12 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
These threads are always fun but of course that's all they will ever be because ranking people from different generations is difficult to do especially when the associated achievements change.

Here's an interesting thing that doesn't get accounted for in the formula though. When I was looking through the Hall of Fame UNKNOWN ARTIST's record struck me as the most impressive 282 wins, 5 losses. Not only that but he avenged four of those losses. Tournaments aren't the only measure of someone's achievement after all.
I toyed with the idea of factoring battle record into it, but decided against it for two reasons. Firstly, too many of the people in question have at least one major account deletion, so it isn’t possible to get their battle records accurately (Bleu, Lockhart, PaiNN, Row, Rant, Rai, Ticket). Secondly, because then Bnas would be GOAT

Finding a way to factor defeating other people on the list into the equation would be good though, although I have no idea how it would be done. But thanks for the suggestion!

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
Another thing is the number of tournaments has increased over the years. So I would weigh tournament wins against the total number of tournaments available in that arena through the calendar year when it was won. Someone winning two tournaments when there were only 4 tournaments available is more impressive than someone winning two tournaments when there are 8 available.
There was consideration given to weighting tournament wins based on the number of accolades among the field that partook in the tourney? This would probably disadvantage those in the really early days when only a handful of accounts from that era got tourney wins but I guess it's the best idea I've seen for it so far.

As far as the LBT/LBA(/LBTT) belts being around only in the recent era, I think this is somewhat countered by the existence of the Letsbeef.com competitions, which mostly seemed to run in the older days and stopped several years ago. For instance, Punk only won one of them, despite being a Track HOFer, and this has substantially held back his score on the "Greatest Track Makers of All Time" sublist (speaking of which, I have sublists for Audio Battling, Text Battling & Cyphering, Video Battling and Track & Music Video Making which I may post if the interest warrants them). I'm sure there are way more LB.com competitions than are displayed in the forum page, but I have no idea where to find them, maybe uncovering these would even the playing field some more?
Unread 07-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #16

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
These threads are always fun but of course that's all they will ever be because ranking people from different generations is difficult to do especially when the associated achievements change.

Here's an interesting thing that doesn't get accounted for in the formula though. When I was looking through the Hall of Fame UNKNOWN ARTIST's record struck me as the most impressive 282 wins, 5 losses. Not only that but he avenged four of those losses. Tournaments aren't the only measure of someone's achievement after all.
I toyed with the idea of factoring battle record into it, but decided against it for two reasons. Firstly, too many of the people in question have at least one major account deletion, so it isn’t possible to get their battle records accurately (Bleu, Lockhart, PaiNN, Row, Rant, Rai, Ticket). Secondly, because then Bnas would be GOAT

Finding a way to factor defeating other people on the list into the equation would be good though, although I have no idea how it would be done. But thanks for the suggestion!

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
Another thing is the number of tournaments has increased over the years. So I would weigh tournament wins against the total number of tournaments available in that arena through the calendar year when it was won. Someone winning two tournaments when there were only 4 tournaments available is more impressive than someone winning two tournaments when there are 8 available.
There was consideration given to weighting tournament wins based on the number of accolades among the field that partook in the tourney? This would probably disadvantage those in the really early days when only a handful of accounts from that era got tourney wins but I guess it's the best idea I've seen for it so far.

As far as the LBT/LBA(/LBTT) belts being around only in the recent era, I think this is somewhat countered by the existence of the Letsbeef.com competitions, which mostly seemed to run in the older days and stopped several years ago. For instance, Punk only won one of them, despite being a Track HOFer, and this has substantially held back his score on the "Greatest Track Makers of All Time" sublist (speaking of which, I have sublists for Audio Battling, Text Battling & Cyphering, Video Battling and Track & Music Video Making which I may post if the interest warrants them). I'm sure there are way more LB.com competitions than are displayed in the forum page, but I have no idea where to find them, maybe uncovering these would even the playing field some more?