View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2018, 06:23 PM
Louie Dawgs
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Louie Dawgs
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

In my mind a verse is technically good when you can read it out loud and it flows and makes sense. When it doesn't that means that you have issues with your awkward wording, multi spacing, rhyming, or some other technical aspect. There are times when you can write shit and think it sounds fine, then when you read it aloud you're just like, "what the fuck???"

Every single time that I vote on here I read the verse aloud to see if I can find a natural flow and to see if there is shit in there that sounds nothing like regular human speech. When I get to a portion of a verse where I just go wtf when hearing it or when I lose the flow I figure out what's wrong and mark points down for it.

Honestly most of the time it's wording, a decent amount of the time it's multi's spaced to far apart, and sometimes it's just shit that doesn't rhyme. On occasion it's multi's being broken, but I actually have a tendency to let those pass if it sounds okay.

To me the best sign of a really strong technical verse is when you find yourself naturally reading faster the deeper you go into a rhyme scheme, when the scheme changes it's almost jarring. That's when you know it's good. I don't think a lot of people on here anymore really read or rate verses like this anymore though. Probably a reason why I'm (admittedly) biased against word flips.

Seems like me an' you bout had enough,
Cause man, it's tough to keep the fam in touch,
And to add it up, this rappin stuff got me flippin out like a blackjack bust

Don't give a fuck if you sound like Master P, Mobb Deep or Remy Martin,
Cuz even if the next to try us is the best of rhymers?
Still get bodied on plates like Jeffery Dahmer
Unread 01-18-2018, 06:23 PM   #19

Louie Dawgs
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 211 text
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Send a message via MSN to Louie Dawgs

In my mind a verse is technically good when you can read it out loud and it flows and makes sense. When it doesn't that means that you have issues with your awkward wording, multi spacing, rhyming, or some other technical aspect. There are times when you can write shit and think it sounds fine, then when you read it aloud you're just like, "what the fuck???"

Every single time that I vote on here I read the verse aloud to see if I can find a natural flow and to see if there is shit in there that sounds nothing like regular human speech. When I get to a portion of a verse where I just go wtf when hearing it or when I lose the flow I figure out what's wrong and mark points down for it.

Honestly most of the time it's wording, a decent amount of the time it's multi's spaced to far apart, and sometimes it's just shit that doesn't rhyme. On occasion it's multi's being broken, but I actually have a tendency to let those pass if it sounds okay.

To me the best sign of a really strong technical verse is when you find yourself naturally reading faster the deeper you go into a rhyme scheme, when the scheme changes it's almost jarring. That's when you know it's good. I don't think a lot of people on here anymore really read or rate verses like this anymore though. Probably a reason why I'm (admittedly) biased against word flips.

Seems like me an' you bout had enough,
Cause man, it's tough to keep the fam in touch,
And to add it up, this rappin stuff got me flippin out like a blackjack bust

Don't give a fuck if you sound like Master P, Mobb Deep or Remy Martin,
Cuz even if the next to try us is the best of rhymers?
Still get bodied on plates like Jeffery Dahmer