View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Supsie
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
You're slightly mistaken here. Primary psychopaths, which are predominantly pathological do not experience empathy. Secondary psychopaths, a more environmentally influenced categorization are perfectly capable of such feelings. Often times too much so, leading to anxietal and explosive traits.
yea i know, i actually thought about that after i posted, something similar.

EDIT: so with the the example i used about the kid in the tribe seeing other tribe members throwing someone to a crocodile every month, if he didn't like it meaning he felt sorry for the ones being eaten up, he could become mad at the other tribe members and let that hate for them grow and who knows what he may do with that, or he may chose to see it as they (the other tribe people) do not understand what they are doing to there fellow man and instead he could begin to rescue the people who are lined up to be feed to the croc.

So to have truly powerful and balanced empathy you must be able to have it for all beings even the ones doing the harm otherwise you may become similar to them.

Last edited by Supsie; 11-15-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Unread 11-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #12

Supsie

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
You're slightly mistaken here. Primary psychopaths, which are predominantly pathological do not experience empathy. Secondary psychopaths, a more environmentally influenced categorization are perfectly capable of such feelings. Often times too much so, leading to anxietal and explosive traits.
yea i know, i actually thought about that after i posted, something similar.

EDIT: so with the the example i used about the kid in the tribe seeing other tribe members throwing someone to a crocodile every month, if he didn't like it meaning he felt sorry for the ones being eaten up, he could become mad at the other tribe members and let that hate for them grow and who knows what he may do with that, or he may chose to see it as they (the other tribe people) do not understand what they are doing to there fellow man and instead he could begin to rescue the people who are lined up to be feed to the croc.

So to have truly powerful and balanced empathy you must be able to have it for all beings even the ones doing the harm otherwise you may become similar to them.

Last edited by Supsie; 11-15-2017 at 09:15 PM.