Thread: Some thoughts
View Single Post
Unread 12-26-2020, 01:34 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

I like the idea of "mod accounts" and I've proposed the same thing in the past. I was told X was working on something better, which was more bot mods like @System which would have more capabilities to be able to make mod actions on battles and issue auto-bans/infractions, etc.. This was around the time they got rid of staff, and that hasn't come to fruition.
I've seen better proposals for how to implement weight classes tbh, but I'm not entirely sure if that is what we should be aiming for or if we should rather seek a more classless society (community). I feel like the urge to have things like "mod accounts" or to limit mods being able to enter tourneys, etc., is aiming towards abolishing class, since mods are seen as being of a higher class (as far as LB membership goes) and that they may have undue influence in such scenarios where people are afraid to vote against them or feel compelled to vote for them because of all the help they render. Having weight classes sort of contradicts that urge, since you're literally separating people by class, based on perceived ability or win/loss ratio. Especially if it comes with a title or some special designation, you're going to get a lot of the same sorts of things you're trying to avoid by proposing "mod accounts" or less mod presence in certain areas. In cases where a recognized "Heavyweight" is battling someone from a lower weight class, people will look at the title or designation and feel compelled to vote for the HW for fear of losing their VP or something.
Whether or not you have these labels and designations, you're going to have people that are better than other people, and that will be recognized. There's no need for any additional ranks and designations imo. That has the potential to introduce other problems.
Unread 12-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #6

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

I like the idea of "mod accounts" and I've proposed the same thing in the past. I was told X was working on something better, which was more bot mods like @System which would have more capabilities to be able to make mod actions on battles and issue auto-bans/infractions, etc.. This was around the time they got rid of staff, and that hasn't come to fruition.
I've seen better proposals for how to implement weight classes tbh, but I'm not entirely sure if that is what we should be aiming for or if we should rather seek a more classless society (community). I feel like the urge to have things like "mod accounts" or to limit mods being able to enter tourneys, etc., is aiming towards abolishing class, since mods are seen as being of a higher class (as far as LB membership goes) and that they may have undue influence in such scenarios where people are afraid to vote against them or feel compelled to vote for them because of all the help they render. Having weight classes sort of contradicts that urge, since you're literally separating people by class, based on perceived ability or win/loss ratio. Especially if it comes with a title or some special designation, you're going to get a lot of the same sorts of things you're trying to avoid by proposing "mod accounts" or less mod presence in certain areas. In cases where a recognized "Heavyweight" is battling someone from a lower weight class, people will look at the title or designation and feel compelled to vote for the HW for fear of losing their VP or something.
Whether or not you have these labels and designations, you're going to have people that are better than other people, and that will be recognized. There's no need for any additional ranks and designations imo. That has the potential to introduce other problems.
Offline   Reply With Quote